Code of Conduct

Thread: Badgley Mischka

Serpent

Angry Badgley Mischka

Oh my Lord in Heaven, what were they thinking? Or, I should say, why weren't they thinking?

Ick, ick, ick, ick, ick. Why would designers known from making beautiful fairy tale evening gowns fill a beautiful, angular, crystalline bottle with a scent that makes Britney Spears' Curious smell like Vol de Nuit? Badgley Mischka's eponymous fragrance debut is currently duking it out with Hypnôse as the worst female release of the year. It comes out with this blast of fruit; it's like being head-butted by Carmen Miranda. It's sickening. I don't know what fruits they are, but they smell inappropriately tropical and sugary and way too opaque. Badgley Mischka is the smell of having some sort of brightly-hued daiquiri spilled all over one - it smells sticky and boozy. That smell of Midori sours just lingers and lingers, too, over the bitter white florals. Sugary girly drinks and Gucci Envy - a bunch of office girls getting soused on a Friday night. Is this really the smell of Badgley Mischka?

It's a far cry from gossamer beaded Oscar gowns. How did they let this scent out?

Default Re: Badgley Mischka

That's too bad, that bottle, oh that bottle is so beautiful!!!

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    That's too bad, that bottle, oh that bottle is so beautiful!!!
    Unless you're a bottle collector, save your money. Or buy a factice. Most of the summer Escadas (Rockin' Rio, Ibiza Hippie, etc.) smell more mature than this mess. It's horrid.

But yes, the bottle is lovely. At the counter today, I felt like Soir de Lune and Badgley Mischka got accidently dispensed into the wrong bottles...

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    a scent that makes Britney Spears' Curious smell like Vol de Nuit?
    LOL

Have not tried it yet, but probably will not now.