Code of Conduct

Default Byzance - Rochas

Anyone know this fragrance? What do you think of it?

Default Re: Byzance - Rochas

It's a power 80's floriental, but I really like it. A nice white flower note in the fore which helps it stand out among the frags of it's time. Tremendous staying power and sillage - one spray will do ya, three will inflict yourself upon the whole room.

I do enjoy it quite a bit.
    ~Melanie Teegarden, Owner
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/

Love the beautiful blue bottle. This one always smelled very strange on me and I could never really figure out why because it seemed like all the notes should have worked on me. The mysteries of perfumery! I had a mini that I finally traded on. The bottle is certainly very pretty though.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Thanks for your feedback so far. Anyone else?

Resurrecting, as usual, an old thread since I purchased an edt in a store that carried oldish perfumes. I had a mini EDP, which is quite good, rose-tuberose plus incense, on the clean side with aldehydes and some soap, but still suitably rich. However, the edt is like cheap concentrated soap, just a pale shade of the mini. A few people commented on how it had been reformulated in the reviews and in previous threads, and their comments are spot on. If that's what the brand would have kept on the market, killing it, for once, was the right thing to do.

cacio

It's a great classic. A beautiful aldehydic fragrance with a nice citrus top, certainly worth a try. I find it much more modern than other classic aldehyde bombs a la Le Dix, Prelude, etc. And the bottle is beautiful. :-)

I wore it when pregnant in the late 80s as My body chemistry changed as it does. Still remember it with fondness but when nit pregnant it didn't smell the same

Think I'll wear it tomorrow, now that you've reminded me of it!

Thanks for the comments! Rednail, please comment on original/edp/incense or reformulated/edt/cheap soap... suppose you have the first.

cacio

Hillaire

Well, I only have the original to smell now, but I have had the displeasure of once smelling the new one; it was utterly unrecognizable. I love the old Byzance, and Rochas was a great house once. I agree, they should have killed it along with Byzantine (now that's a great one) and Mystere. At least enthusiasts don't get disappointing stuff that way, even if they have to spend a little more and hunt a little more for vintage bottles.
    It's my take on reformulations, generally.

oh, and I get a lot of ginger in it.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Thanks for the comments! Rednail, please comment on original/edp/incense or reformulated/edt/cheap soap... suppose you have the first.

cacio
    Don't know what vintage my EDT is. I bought it at an out of the way store that was known to sell old stock. I DON'T smell any ginger in it, if that's a clue, per Hillaire.