Code of Conduct

Default Montale Black Auod

Well, that initial hit of Auod, someone said it is like camphor and I agree. CamphoPhoneick or whatever that lip stuff is. I have the dry down and I will say it is leather and Auod. Anything else, I dont smell it. It is not as nice to me as Powder Flowers is.

Default Re: Montale Black Auod

That is what I thought the first time I tried it. You have to give it a second try, that is when I could not get my wrist out of my nose range .
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Vijay: About an hour into it, it had more of a rose note. Im gonna give it a full wearing one day this week. Powder Flowers started out a bit more interesting than Black Auod, but after 3 hours, Id have preferred Black Auod.

Someone said if you can get past the first 30 minutes (and you will after say 3 wearings they said), the scents start to shine. I can see that, because other than a spouse, who is gonna be around you probably in those first 30 minutes,

The Jean Pascal I swear is a darker Boucheron to my nose - but mine is messed up, lol. I think that I am gonna love the Wood and Spices, and am wearing it to church today.

Sam

I'm so dying to try this. I emailed Montale on this exact frag (Black Aoud) but have had zero response about it. Meanwhile, some other Basenoters have had packages sent. Seems very arbitrary. I'm sulking about Montale right now
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermčs | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Why don't you talk to Vijay nicely? He has really helped me!! I am also in Europe. The story: Montale Paris advised me to get my samples from their Zurich agent. The agent just does not have the small samples for distribution. They offered to decant one sample for me instead (A Queen Roses). Without the kind support from Vijay, I wouldn't even know Queen Roses well. It's helpful to make comparisons with siblings and sample more than just one frag. After going thru exactly that, I know Queen Roses would have been the wrong one for me! If rose, I shall either buy Attar or Black Aoud. If Aoud Cuir d'Arabie and Aoud Lime were not as wonderful also, I wouldn't have to say: 'if rose...'
    Last edited by narcus; 13th August 2006 at 12:45 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I smelled powerful rose in Black Aoud on the first whiff. Magnificent fragrance all the way through. Generates particularly strong positive reaction from others.

Ill give Black Auod another wearing tomorrow. But let me tell you, Vijay though Black Auod and Woods & Spices along with Jean Pascal would be the ones I would find that I was gravitating to. I wore Woods & Spices to church today. It did not evolve much, but it did not have that medicinal/camphoric smell at first either. It petered out at 5 hours or so, but let me tell you, this scent was very nice. I will be judging all my new acquistional hopefuls by Woods & Spices. It is nothing earth shattering, and it is a good wood/spicy scent that is not too heavy for 91 degree weather. Classy, but can be casual too. I am gonna let me wife smell it in three hours. She prefers Fougeres Marine to this, but this one is more of a year round spicy and woody scent, something that can be hard to find. If I can not find something that as they say, "rocks my world" over this, Ill be calling Vijay. Had it been a little bit more on the longevity with projection side after 5 hours, Id pick up a bottle for grins and giggles. I still may, but Ill be curious as to how my bottle of Chergui is going to stack up against this. If it does, then Fumerie may be a second purchase, and if not, then Woods and Spices.

Vijay, you da man.

Sam

Thanks for the input Sam and also the compliment. I must say this though and this goes for any scent not just Montale, trying it from a sample vial and spritzing it from a bottle makes a whole lot of difference. Anybody else agree with this ?

The sample vial will give you the first impression whether you will like the scent, and if it mixes well with your body chemistry. I had this happen with the Patchouli leaves of Montale. It has now become one of my favorite's after I tried it from a bottle. I wear it at least twice a week now.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky
    ... this goes for any scent not just Montale, trying it from a sample vial and spritzing it from a bottle makes a whole lot of difference.
    Anybody else agree with this ?
    Yes 100% ! After 2 or 3 full wearings I really know whether my expectations get fulfilled, or if I am disappointed. I have experienced both.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.