Code of Conduct

Default Any recommendations for Mariella Burani?

I adore her bottles and many of her fragrances are available for great prices. I'd like to try one (or maybe of couple of them) but I'm not sure which one to try first. I'm buying mostly for the bottle but it would be nice to enjoy the fragrance, too.

Which one do you recommend?

Eau Rosee (rose)
    Bouquet d' Amour Mysterieuse (purple)
    Bouquet d' Amour Romantique (dark rose)
    Bouquet d' Amour Vitale (green)
    Bouquet de Roses Rafraichissante (green)
    Bouquet de Roses Relaxante (blue)
    Bouquet de Roses Regenerante (yellow)
    Amuleti
    Mariella de Mariella
    http://www.perfumebay.com/701892507614.html

Apparently Mariella Burani fragrances have been around for awhile, but I've managed to miss all of them!

Default Re: Any recommendations for Mariella Burani?

I liked her original Mariella Burani one- it kind of has a soft, powdered, coconut-creme note. The whole composition is very gentle and feminine. Eventually I traded on my bottle because I found myself not wearing it. Lately I've been regretting it though.

The Amuleti opens on an unusual greenish note and kind of turns into a watery, fruity floral. However, it has this almost bitter note that is not exactly unpleasant and keeps the whole composition from becoming too ordinary. I ultimately decided against getting a bottle because I figured once again I wouldn't wear it very often.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Another vote for the original Mariella Burani, orange box with the girl on a bicycle: very very nice, floral bordering floral-oriental, I guess it reminds me a little of Tresor but not exactly.

Last week I tried Messages from a sample and will be looking for a bigger bottle. Green and herbal, just what the doctor ordered on that hot and sticky day.

I got my DW her first bottle a few years ago but don't remember its exact name. I just went and looked at her current bottle and there is no name on it It has a cap shaped like four flower blossums; roses? I think it's MB's original scent but am not sure.

Neverthe less, it's a wonderful, sweet scent and one of my favorites. She also has the light, pink lotion and what a joy that is too. It has "Le Lait Parfume Pour Le Corps" printed on it. I highly recommend both the frag and the lotion .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    I got my DW her first bottle a few years ago but don't remember its exact name. I just went and looked at her current bottle and there is no name on it It has a cap shaped like four flower blossums; roses? I think it's MB's original scent but am not sure.

Neverthe less, it's a wonderful, sweet scent and one of my favorites. She also has the light, pink lotion and what a joy that is too. It has "Le Lait Parfume Pour Le Corps" printed on it. I highly recommend both the frag and the lotion .

Dan
    Lightninrod

May I ask the color of the liquid itself? I have a Mariella Burani coming to me in a swap that I've been told is called "Mariella Burani" and has a yellow cap with flowers. I can't find a Mariella Burani with a yellow cap, other than Amuleti...Obviously I'll know more when the bottle arrives, but in the meantime I can't help but be curious. I grow roses, and I love roses, and I collect perfume bottles, so I want to get one of the Burani's with the roses on the cover, but I have no idea which one to buy without trying first, LOL!

Whatever happened to the Mariella Burani company? Does anyone know? It's hard to find any info about it, and their company website lists only "Mariella Burani" under "fragrances."

Tovah: I'm sorry but I just saw this. I'm at work and can't answer at this time but I think it's light yellow in color. The cap is red in color.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

I love the original Mariella Burani and have a bottle, but it curiously doesn't work for me in the summer - a too-strong musky note comes out. Or maybe it's my chemistry? I'm waiting to try it again in a few month and find out. I loved it last winter.

I also love Eau Rosee - it's a lighter summer rose fragrance. A very pretty fresh rose with some citrus.

Quote Originally Posted by flathorn
    I love the original Mariella Burani and have a bottle, but it curiously doesn't work for me in the summer - a too-strong musky note comes out. Or maybe it's my chemistry? I'm waiting to try it again in a few month and find out. I loved it last winter.

I also love Eau Rosee - it's a lighter summer rose fragrance. A very pretty fresh rose with some citrus.
    Eau Rosée is the one I want to try the most, but I can't find it anywhere. It must be discontinued and seems to have been discontinued for some time, because discount sites don't even have it. Oh well. I have the original coming to me in a swap and I ordered Bouquet de Amour Mysterieuse at Amazon for $15.00. I'm hoping to get ahold of Amuleti soon, and I'm also curious about Bouquet de Roses Sensuelle. I can't wait until my swap arrives!