Code of Conduct

Cool Help! Sandalwood in Azzaro Visit?

Dear all,

Greetings from Beijing.

I need your kind help and reference from far away here in China.
    As a basenoter and a junkie, I do love all kinds of scents. But recently when I encountered the Azzaro Visit, I was really moved into the depth of my heart, even I consider it as my holy grail.

I provokes with its exotic woods, sweet mixture of incense and musk or so, which bring me into the realm of a spiritual pilgrim journey or take me to India when it was Britain's colony. I love it so...

But I wonder if there is sandalwood inside, especially in the drydown?
    The question is evoked by the similarity that Visit shares with my top-end sandalwood incense sticks that I bought from local temples. They both delivers some very similiar aura and sweet spices.

So, my friends, please help to decide whether there is sandalwood inside.

Thanks.

Default Re: Help! Sandalwood in Azzaro Visit?

Hi edulis.

I happened to test Azzaro Visit last week for the very first time, and yes, indeed, I did notice sandalwood notes among the middle notes and also amid the basenotes. In my first impression, this fragrance even reminded me, in more than one way, Diptyque Tam Dao.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Thanks Sandalwood.
    I heard alot about Tam dao, but unfortunately I cannot manage to get it in China as it is a resourceless place here.
    Speaking of Visit, sandalwood is not listed in the aroma list, I wonder why.
    I am sure there is sandalwood inside which is soft and fancy arousing, and I believe it offers the function of thinking along in the aroma.

Can you say more about Tam dao? Or if you possess some other sandalwood scent which if you would compare with Visit?

Another three fragrances that bear IMO some similarities with Visit are Gucci Rush, Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme (once the fig notes are passed) and Christian Lacroix Tumulte.

Tam Dao enjoys a great reputation here in Basenotes. It has a pleasant accord containing notes of cypress, sandalwood, cedar and incense. Very calming and relaxing-ly elegant.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

I get more cedar than sandalwood. To me, Visit (a recent, awesome purchase) smells like a cedarwood dry sauna.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectfeet
    I get more cedar than sandalwood. To me, Visit (a recent, awesome purchase) smells like a cedarwood dry sauna.
    You are right: the cedar notes are kind of dominant, but finely interwoven with incense, hence the resemblance I find with Rush, Tumulte and the others. But there are also side notes of sandalwood and gaïac wood as well, carefully blended though.
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Smile Re: Help! Sandalwood in Azzaro Visit?

Thanks guys.

To my nose, Gucci Rush is a strip down version of Gucci Envy, only the first a few minutes that Visit may smell like Gucci Rush, the middle notes start another story, very different.

I too have Tumulte which I consider an intense version of Visit, but with less spiritual inspirations compared. Tumulte is a little thicker with cedar, but the dry down lacks the vivid musk or incense mixture that Visit displays.

Hope to hear more from you.

Wink Re: Help! Sandalwood in Azzaro Visit?

Today I bought some top class incense stick from the local temple at today is a ghost day of Chinese traditional customs, people buy incense and burn paper cash for the spirits.

The sticks I got today are made of sandalwood older than 100 years which smells more sandal than normal kinds of incense. It brings Buddha to me as soon as I light a stick, so wonderful.

Have you guys ever been there in a main hall of a giant temple? Or of Tibet.

Visit is one of my top fragrances of all time, its the second fragrance I ever bought. There is definitely sandalwood in, a fairly siginificant amount I think. I wore Visit today and I forgot how much I liked it, I've gotten much more involved in fragrance lately and its allowed me to appreciate Visit even more than before. I've never been in a buddhist temple, but I have a lot of Chinese friends at university, 2 of the other 4 student council executive are from China, maybe I should get them to import some incense for me.
    Can anyone remember love? It's like trying to summon up the smell of roses in a cellar. You might see a rose, but never the perfume.
    -Arthur Miller

Smile Re: Help! Sandalwood in Azzaro Visit?

Thanks guys.

Burning sandalwood has been a constant habit of royal family and nobile families in China since very old time.
    Burning sandalwood contributes to a good future and mental building. For medical use, burning sandalwood could cure heart attack and ease pains, kill epidemics and so forth.

So I recommend people using sandalwood or burn sandalwood incense sticks. Indians make the best incense sticks in the world, so do Chinese.
    You can check this out at some Indian stores if possible, and sandalwood really cures and opens a better future for you.