Code of Conduct

Default Opinions on Cacharel Pour Homme

Never smelled this one, but i am intrigued by the nutmeg and flowery accords. Very sophisticated according to the reviews! I'm 35 yrs old and enjoy deep, complex fragrances like Equipage, Santos, etc..is Cacharel PH worth a blind purchase?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Default Re: Opinions on Cacharel Pour Homme

Buying blind is always scary, but Cacharel pour Homme is really nice and unusual. Spicy and fresh and a little bit floral. Lighter in feel than Santos and Equipage (if I remember the latter correctly). There's nothing quite like it.

I second Concords opinions, very unique.
    The contrast between pretty heavy, masculine spice and a somewhat ambigous floral accord sets this apart.
    I do seem to remember the older stock packing more punch than the newer bottles, but this may very well be psychological...
    MMM

An 80s classic with a harmonious blend of lavender, ylang ylang & nutmeg on a base of woodmoss. It speaks of unhurried elegance.

This is the fragrance for a discerning gentleman, I don't usually recommend blind purchases, but on this occassion i'll turn a blind eye, it gets my vote of confidence, i do hope it is without longevity issues...

I think it boils down to whether or not you REALLY like the smell of nutmeg, because this is such a prominent note - though the perfume is still wonderfully elegant and not at all sweet or cloying. Personally I find it stunnningly elegant and different and would heartily recommend it.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I second all the previous post. I'm almost sure you will like this.Looking at your avatar of Armani pour homme . It's not the same , but the same type of fragrance. And what Concord said, it's fresh and spicey, but lighter in feel then the ones you mentioned. I'm really thinking of getting me a bottle of this again also.

Am I the only one who finds Cacharel PH pretty similar to L'artisan's Passage d'enfer ?

Quote Originally Posted by eisho
    Am I the only one who finds Cacharel PH pretty similar to L'artisan's Passage d'enfer ?
    Probably, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by eisho
    Eisho, the similiarity between the two fragrances has to do predominantly with the fir note they both share.

scentemental

Cacharel's Ph is a superb scent. I have thought about writing a review for the directory, but Marcel's description is so perfect that I don't have anything to add. I say go for it.

It's pretty good. Nutmeg's big in this one. It's spicy and woodsy but I can't get this thing to last as long as I want it to though.

The descriptions have been pretty accurate so far. The floral accord
    is Carnation, it seems. I think it's a decent scent, and I would feel fine
    wearing it, but there are so many scents in my collection that interest
    me more. I'd recommend sampling first. Must like Nutmeg to like this frag.

It's lovely stuff; heavy on the nutmeg, but very beautifully balanced. I get a really heady vetiver from it too. I wear it myself and haven't met anyone who doesn't like it (I have, however, met several people who absolutely love it) - I think you'll be pretty safe buying it blind if you like nutmeg and vetiver...and who doesn't?

Hi,
    How would you compare this to Chanel PM (either version)?
    I've sampled Cacharel PM a couple of times but wasn't too impressed. I'll probably have to go back for more.
    RM

I bought this one blind a few months ago and it was an excellent blind purchase. In fact, its my all time favorite mens scent. In my review on perfumeemporium i said it was a "dainty floal". And that is exactly what it is to me. I used the bottle up but whenever i wore i would catch little whiffs of beautiful, soft flowers. Ummmmm.....i think its time i ordered another bottle.
    Awesomeguy

Gentlemen, thank you all for your replies.
    I tried this at the shop today and didn't know what to think, ended up buying Moschino Pour Homme instead. But now here at home i keep smelling the spot where i sprayed, and i can't stop myself. What a drydown. This will definetly be my next purchase.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man
    Hi,
    How would you compare this to Chanel PM (either version)?
    I've sampled Cacharel PM a couple of times but wasn't too impressed. I'll probably have to go back for more.
    RM
    I don't detect a floral accord in either of the Chanel Pour Monsieur
    versions. To me, Chanel PM is far superior, but it's obviously a
    personal choice.