Code of Conduct

Default Zodiac - any relevance?

Forgive me if this a completely inane/duplicitous question - not much happening at work today!!!

Those of you who believe in personality traits being linked to your zodialogical sign (and those who don't - I am not overly convinced) do you see patterns between what people wear/like and their star signs?

Default Re: Zodiac - any relevance?

I saw one of these fragrance and the Zodiac charts recently -- can't remember where -- and I read down to my sign, did not like a single one. *Read my rising sign, etc. still could not find a match.

So I would not know where to start.

Do you have any ideas to kick off a discussion?

Default Re: Zodiacn - any relevance?

I don't believe in the zodiac at all, for anything. But I always read mine!!

Please, spritz responsibly.

I also don't believe in the zodiac. I always thought that putting 6.5 billion people into 12 categories was a bit too much. It's fun though! I read my horoscope every now and then and i certainly am not afraid to try new things (frag related) if the zodiac and stuff says so.!
    I am a Gemini by the way.

Ladylonestar

I think I read my horoscope a couple of times a year. : John Oakes, author of The Book of Perfumes and The New Book of Perfumes, has a section called "The Perfumed Zodiac." I think it's definitely a fun read.

I'm a Scorpio (is anyone surprised?) and for Scorpios a few he lists are Magie Noire, Paloma Picasso, Must de Cartier, Opium, Coco. Those happen to be some of my loves.

Thank you to kissandmakeup for starting a fun topic and to Ladylonestar for the reference to John Oakes, author of The Book of Perfumes and The New Book of Perfumes you know I'm going to go and look my sign up

I'm a Taurus and just love gourmand perfume and food... no surprises there I'm sure... as that goes with all the zodiac descriptions I've ever read so far.... Be interesting to find out more though
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

I do believe in the Zodiacs, however (and this is funny), quite contrary to those who don't, never-ever read my horoscope in the mags/papers - they're way too general.

And I do not, hence, believe that scents could be classified by Sun Sign, either - and for the same reason. Way too general.

There are so many variables that shape you within your Sun Sign, it's impossible to generalize. My sister and I are both Virgos, and two more different people you would be pressed to find; however, we're both unmistakeably Virgos, just on the opposite ends of the spectre. ;D
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Although Aquarius, my sign, fits my personality exactly, I rarely find any of the astrological fragrance suggestions to be in synch with my taste. I guess that sort of ambiguity fits well with Aquarius too, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    I think I read my horoscope a couple of times a year. *: *John Oakes, author of The Book of Perfumes and The New Book of Perfumes, has a section called "The Perfumed Zodiac." *I think it's definitely a fun read.

I'm a Scorpio (is anyone surprised?) and for Scorpios a few he lists are Magie Noire, Paloma Picasso, Must de Cartier, Opium, Coco. *Those happen to be some of my loves.
    If the clearly inferior list I looked at had had perfume selections for my sign , also Scorprio (cusp sagitarrius), as nice as this then I would have been pleased. *So I guess it depends on the chart maker! Lucky Lady Lonestar

Do our astrologically inclined basenotes sisters have any suggestions for fragrance families for any of the signs? *Cancers -- marine, Gemini -- light trasparent, airy. We have head Taureans love gourmands.......can any one with any insight continue, this is fun!

8-)

Typical isn't it? I start this thread because it's quiet at work and then I get bogged down with phone calls, e-mails and other button emergencies (I sell buttons!) So this is the first chance I have had to reply to it!!!

Apparently, as a pisces, I am mesmerised by the sensuality of fragrance and there are few I dislike. Hmmmm. Seems a bit general to me. However I want to crack on because although I am a sceptic (sort of!) I do see some personality traits in myself that are consistently attributed to pisceans, so I am interested to see if there are patterns in fragrances that I am 'suspposed' to prefer. There might be some good suggestions for new fragrances to try and that can never be a bad thing!

Guerlain Samsara is apparently a powerful aphrodisac for my sign...well yeah but that's not just us fishes, right?! luckyscent.com had this to say about Pisces: "Artistic and independent, will dream about ginger, opium poppy and orange." One of my favourites is Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger, but on the other hand I am not very fond of ginger as a predominant smell. Yosh’s Omniscent and Comme de Garcon’s Wood Coffee are also suggested as my scents of choice but I have never smelt either. I'm off to check them out in the bn directory and find out what the notes are. I will continue to look around for other suggestions based on my starsign...if only to give me an excuse to try and buy new smellies :

Well I do believe in horoscopes, but I never pay attention to what they say in mass media forecasts-it's way too general. I also believe in Tarot spreads, Feng-shui etc. I don't think tho that there could be appropriate lists of fragrances for each sign, it's more of a general direction about how each sign chooses, what we look for. *:-? It's not that easy to express...I'm Gemini, and I choose my perfumes each as a different role, as another facet of me. It's important for me to have many choices, so I have many perfumes!
    In Feng-shui there are more factors that influence us, and there are different scents for each situation.
    E.G:as a Gemini/earth Horse I can use woody scents like sandalwood, pine and cedar to improve my wealth situation. You can actually try a sample report or buy the whole thing at tarot.com/i-ching/feng-shui

ps: I've recently read a post from a Gemini on basenotes, and 3 of the mentioned perfumes were also in my wardrobe...
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Well, I'm a Capricorn, but definitely have a Gemini fragrance personality. If I worked ata perfume shop, I'd be testing them all every five seconds. LOL
    However, I do not blame that obsession on Phyllis Diller. [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess Dreams
    I'm a Taurus and just love gourmand perfume and food...
    i'm a taurus as well, and i also like foody/fruity scents, especially on women.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

On luckyscent there is a section called luckystars: http://www.luckyscent.com/category/luckystars.asp
    "Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime." - Ernest Hemingway

A very interesting topic! I am in the middle of something right now: your typical Gemini with very strong Scorpio, but I will post my thoughts on the subject tomorrow and it is going to be looooooong! :-)

Usually, the fragrances suggested for my sign, Virgo, don't seem to fit. But I don't think I've read what John Oakes has to say. Well, I've heard Virgos are supposed to be neat freaks and keep their homes spotless...I wish. But I guess I see a correlation because I've come to realize I have a real fondness for "clean" [smiley=bath.gif] fragrances. I appreciate many types of fragrances, but I know I will feel comfortable anytime, anyplace wearing a fresh citrus or clean musk.

John Oakes, author of The Book of Perfumes and The New Book of Perfumes, has a section called "The Perfumed Zodiac." I think it's definitely a fun read.
    I have John Oakes' All About Perfume (which, by the way, I can highly recommend), and he gives zodiac signs that would be "compatible" with different perfumes. I find it entertaining, and it's funny that most of the perfumes I like really do have my zodiac sign as being "compatible" (which I attribute more to the coincidence that my personality really does fit the usual one given for my zodiac sign, rather than anything to do with the stars).

Fun, entertaining, not to be taken too seriously, IMHO.

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Ladylonestar

Plumeria, Mr. Oakes seems to think that Boucheron, Ungaro, Kenzo Parfum d'Ete, Gianfranco Ferre, Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Feminite du Bois would suit the Virgoan personality. He's never met a Virgo who didn't "go weak in the knees" for Romeo Gigli, and he suggests something along the lines of Ozbek, Le Feu d'Issey or Van Cleef to cheer you up.

So... do Virgoans have a tendency to criticize themselves (and others) too much?

I do see matches between some people I know and their personality traits linked to their zodiac sign, and I believe also in a link between the time of the year people are born and their personality in correlation with place and culture.
    I don't believe in horoscopes, they're to generic and vague. It could be that there is a link between fragrance preference and zodiac signs though, but not so strong I think. It's as much nature, as nurture and experience in my opinion...

I see the only link between zodiac and scents - e.g. I am Gemini - i.e. changeable sign and I like to change scents very frequently. That´s all. In horoscopes, I don´t believe but I am for 100% sure about personality description according to the scopes with some exceptions.

Blog Entries

OK - let us put this to the test!

You can list a few of your 'typical' favourite perfumes or the types of perfume you go for and let us guess your Sun sign.

Or you could list your perfume preferences (see above) and your Sun sign and those of us with the John Oakes books (His Perfume Zodiac is more in depth and also has suggestions for the boys) can check see if you are 'typical', maybe even add to your list!

I already am an anomaly as I love perfume in all it's wide diversity and variations to be limited to a type but do find that I gravitate regularly to scents that fall under my RISING signs tastes. *

[*reading the first part of that comment makes me laugh because it is SO typical of my sun sign - LOL :]

So it isn't scientifically valid - but it will be fun!! ;D
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Whenever I have read recommendations for my sign (Pisces), they have mostly been very wishy-washy and watery scents. :-/

I'm most into woody, spicy and/or ambery Orientals, perhaps because of my Leo rising? :

"Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    Whenever I have read recommendations for my sign (Pisces), they have mostly been very wishy-washy and watery scents. :-/

I'm most into woody, spicy and/or ambery Orientals, perhaps because of my Leo rising? *:
    ahem! John Oakes (in Perfume Zodiac) actually notes that for a water sign Pisces actually do not universally love the water (being tactful here). He recommends:

Pisces Staples:
    Samsara (I would pick this for a typical Piscean lady personally)
    1000 (mille)
    Vent Vert
    L'Heure Bleue
    Paloma Picasso
    Dune (:groan: he was doing so well until then)

Secret (unexpected) scents:
    Asja
    Passionflower
    Acqua di Gio (:groan: but then it is ubiquitous - someone had to get it! :P)
    O de Lancome
    Gianfranco Ferre (I would pick this for a typical Piscean lady personally)
    Jean-Louis Scherrer

Pisces / Aries Cusp:
    Montana Parfum de Peau
    Fracas
    Blue Grass
    Sonia Rykiel

Aquarius / Pisces Cusp:
    Les Belles de Ricci
    Folie Douce
    Eau de Camille (I would pick this for a typical Piscean lady personally)
    Parfum de Jour

Not all watery and insipid. Are any other personal favourites listed?

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Is there any link to that book or its online version? Thanks

Here are my picks from the list:
    Quote Originally Posted by moondeva
    Samsara (I would pick this for a typical Piscean lady personally)
    Vent Vert
    L'Heure Bleue
    Sonia Rykiel
    Eau de Camille (I would pick this for a typical Piscean lady personally)
    I wear Samsara only at home, it's the signature scent of one of my workmates (she's Leo) and I find it very relxed and comfy, a casual Oriental.

Paloma Picasso and Parfum de Peau go very strong and bitter on me, Les Belles and Folie Douce smell better in the bottle than on my skin (but I find them too fruity anyway) and Asja and Fracas make me queasy. :-X

OK, I will try to be brief. Oh, how I want to lay my paws on that Oakes' book!

Here are some of my observations:
    1) For those who do not believe in astrology -- you do not know what you are missing. IMHO. The zodiacal circle, known as horoscope, is the symbol for the flow of the energies in the universe. Try to make your own chart through Astrodienst for starters, then go to Astrology-Numerology site to read more on the meanings of signs and aspects.
    2) Almost everybody and their dog know their Sun sign and their element (Fire, Water, Air, Earth), and that is where the first generalization error occurs: if someone was born under the sign of Cancer, it does not necessarily mean that their most favorite perfumes will include L'Eau D'Issey, Sunflowers and Aqua di Gio. Is your sign Cardinal (self-starters and pioneers), Fixed (adamant executives and supporters) or Mutable (versatile and multi-faceted)?
    3) What was it the sign on the cusp of the first house -- Ascendant indicating your outer personality?
    4) For women it is very important where the Moon (responsible for senses, inlcluding a sense of smell and "gut" feeling) and the Venus (mode of appreciation) are. For every perfume lover, I would recommend to also pay close attention to the position of Neptune (sensitivity, addiction).
    5) How big is your 5th House, responsible for pleasures and enjoyment? What are the planets and their aspects positioned inside it? How is it/are they connected with your 4th House (private life, inner emotions)?
    6) Now that we learnt to avoid generalizations, let me include the fun part: random thoughts. ;D No offense is meant, I promise!

Aries -- perfume collection is large, bold and bright. Orientals and brutal chypres. Fragrances marketed for men. Trying new fragrances every other day. At some point of life can swap everything away and start anew. Tonka bean.

Taurus -- perfumes represent sweet and gourmand groups, also classy intoxicating florals: white, yellow florals + roses. Soliflores. Bottles: more quality, than quantity. Pink/gold. Vanilla/amber.

Gemini -- Energizer bunny of the perfume world. Citruses, sparkling, effervescent. Can wear one fragrance for the day, and enjoy long fragrant baths at night. Will try everything. Can wear "cheapies" with aplomb and poise so that they do not smell "cheap".

Cancer -- no marine fragrances, please! Sentimental value fragrances, quiet and debonnaire. Signature, Holy Grail. Creed. Galbanum. Airy, but making a statement, often a financial statement. Status smells. Aldehydes.

Leo -- let me on the stage and give me the audience, I am here to impress! Variety collection. Highest bids on eBay. Power scents. All shades of gold and black, deepest and most vibrant reds. Tropical fruit. Hard work, lack of sleep. Pretty bottles.

Virgo -- intelligent classics, most of them in Minis. Nice displays, never a squirrel syndrom -- somewhere here, but can't find it at the moment. Curiosity and attention to the notes. Herbal scents. Best sandalwoods and cedarwoods.

Libra -- "vintage" is the key word. Rare and hard-to-find. Rich floral bouquets, dirtiest clean musks. Periods of utter fragrant boredom. What was I thinking? Chocolate. Factices. Dolce Vita. Heliotrope.

Scorpio -- significant. Deep mysteries, unexpected combinations. Fragrances with history -- how and where. Best myrrh and insense. Animalistic chypres. Creamy, milky woods, cold bitter bergamot. White boxes.

Saggitarius -- challenge takers. Quantity, not quality. Overuse, overdoze. Best fruity chypres. Guerlain. Lost that bid again. Fougeres. Went on a three-store sniffathon. Fascinating. Violets. Orris.

Capricorn -- shy beauty. Airy/watery/ozonic accord. Are there any cheap scents that smell good? Bought in bulk in case it is discontinued tomorrow. Body wash+lotion+a drop of pure fragrance. Best oakmoss, sometimes after it has been burnt.

Aquarius -- not many of them are fragrance-lovers, really. Eccentric. Layering experiments. Cardamom, pepper, cloves, allspice. Fresh and fruity florals. Paco Rabanne. Gave it away. Wore _______ in the morning, changed into Burberry Brit for the night.

Pisces -- isn't it too much? Distinct. Sometimes extinct. Getting pleasure from even smelling the crowd in the theater, recognizing all the scents, too. Opinionated. Whimsical design. Love these heart notes. High voltage. Secret stash.

Sorry it was long.

Here

Blog Entries

*APPLAUSE* for Timberwolf! That is / was brilliant! I have affinities with most of the signs that bear a strong presence in my chart ( even the ones I want to ignore).

OT for Timberwolf: What can I do to 'balance' my nature if I am 'missing' an element? For example a person has strong water and Air but lacks Fire & Earth - what can they do to 'fill in the gaps'? :-?

As a Sagittarius, I find that I'm more hung up on "concepts" and wanting to own those instead of the scents themselves. But as a conscious Sagittarius with a Capricorn rising and a chart otherwise full of so much Libra that I often feel like one... I'm also trying to cure myself of that and learn to trust my instincts instead of my projections. The zodiac challenge, if you will.

Obviously, I love Bandit. What an awesome concept: Pirate queens, dominatrixes, independence, dirt, smoke, sex, and screw the rest of the office if they don't like it! My nose eventually caught up to my brain with this one, but I definitely bought it unsniffed, was turned off at first, and then wore it until it made sense to me. Sagittarians are like that, though: playing catch-up with themselves constantly. Other than that, I'm obsessive about cedar, incense, and counterintuitively enough, gardenia.

My guess is that astrology is better at helping someone understand their approach to perfume in general as opposed to which specific perfumes they'd like.

BTW, hi everyone! Perfume and astrology... y'all sure know how to make a sucker out of me!

Blog Entries

Welcome SadieShade!!

That was a very honest frank and insightful first post. I look forward to hearing more from you.

OK - let us put this to the test!

You can list a few of your 'typical' favourite perfumes or the types of perfume you go for and let us guess your Sun sign.

Or you could list your perfume preferences (see above) and your Sun sign and those of us with the John Oakes books (His Perfume Zodiac is more in depth and also has suggestions for the boys) can check see if you are 'typical', maybe even add to your list!

I already am an anomaly as I love perfume in all it's wide diversity and variations to be limited to a type but do find that I gravitate regularly to scents that fall under my RISING signs tastes. *

[*reading the first part of that comment makes me laugh because it is SO typical of my sun sign - LOL *:] *

So it isn't scientifically valid - but it will be fun!! *;D
    I've only seen the book on the antiquariat for 100$ and more...so I'd be really thankful if you also checked mine. I'm Gemini, rising sign Libra, and I guess I have to have many for the Gemini, and all my florals+musks for Libra. But any new ideas are always welcome thanks in advance
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    Oh, how I want to lay my paws on that Oakes' book!
    Amazon has a couple of his books, but I don't think they have the Zodiac one. The one I have (All About Perfume) I bought from a local perfume shop (local to me; it's just a couple suburbs from my house, but they don't ship outside of Australia or New Zealand).

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    Gemini -- Energizer bunny of the perfume world. Citruses, sparkling, effervescent. Can wear one fragrance for the day, and enjoy long fragrant baths at night. Will try everything. Can wear "cheapies" with aplomb and poise so that they do not smell "cheap".
    HAHAHAH!!! Yeah, that's me.

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Plumeria, Mr. Oakes seems to think that Boucheron, Ungaro, Kenzo Parfum d'Ete, Gianfranco Ferre, Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Feminite du Bois would suit the Virgoan personality. *He's never met a Virgo who didn't "go weak in the knees" for Romeo Gigli, and he suggests something along the lines of Ozbek, Le Feu d'Issey or Van Cleef to cheer you up.
    Thanks for posting the list, Ladylonestar! Unfortunately I'm not familiar with all of them, but I think I fancied Parfum d'Ete when I tried it. Very green and fresh from what I remember. Does it count that I want to be able to wear Mitsouko? It's just very difficult for me to pull off. But every once in a while I can't resist dabbing on some from my mini. Ooh, I do love Jean Paul Gaultier (Classique, right?). Feminite du Bois I found very intriguing but it just smells completely wrong on me. I do have a bottle of L'Heure Bleue that is very near and dear to my heart . I hate to say I've been afraid to wear it because I sense that it's not working well with my chemistry. But I refuse to give up on it because it's so beautiful.

I did used to own a bottle of a Romeo Gigli fragrance...is there more than one? It was years and years ago and I did enjoy it a lot. But "weak in the knees" fragrances for me have been Chanel No. 5 parfum, Fracas, and Lagerfeld (for men), to name a few. I also had Le Feu d'Issey Light which I loved before I bought it and then afterwards...not so much. I finally gave that one away recently.

So... do Virgoans have a tendency to criticize themselves (and others) too much? *
    YES and I hope not. I think I'm usually pretty easygoing with others, but I do criticize myself constantly. [smiley=tongue.gif]

That is a fun topic!!!
    Timberwolf, your observations are fascinating! I really enjoyed reading them. And what you said about Aries was quite accurate - chypres and orientals are my favourites, and I also have a soft spot for masculine leathers and fougeres...

I think I read my horoscope a couple of times a year. : John Oakes, author of The Book of Perfumes and The New Book of Perfumes, has a section called "The Perfumed Zodiac." I think it's definitely a fun read.

I'm a Scorpio (is anyone surprised?) and for Scorpios a few he lists are Magie Noire, Paloma Picasso, Must de Cartier, Opium, Coco. Those happen to be some of my loves.
    I am an Aries and not a single perfume in that book matched my loves, and I didn't find new loves through it, either. I am on the cusp with Pisces, and there was nothing there too... It's a fun book, nevertheless!

Ancient alchemical traditions associate perfumes and incense with the different planets, elements (earth, air, fire, water) and of course - the zodiac signs. I was always fascinated by those attributions and created a line of "Zodiac Perfumes" based on those alchemical principles. There are plants, perfumes and incense attributed to the elements (i.e.: earth - patchouli, vetiver; fire - spices; air - lavender and citrus; water - violet leaf, orris, amber, seaweed), to the planets and to the different principles (sulfur, mercury and salt, which also correspond respectively to the astrological qualities Timberwolf mentioned earlier - fixed, mutable and cardinal). Here are some of the main "alchemical" ingredients I used there.

Aries - Tobacco, pepper, rose geranium, cinnamon and cloves
    Taurus - Patchouli, rose, benzoin, palmarosa
    Gemini - Lemongrass, sandalwood, oudh, lavender and lemon
    Cancer - Amber, jasmine, aniseed, camphor
    Leo - Olibanum, vanilla, rose, orange blossom, chamomile, lavender
    Virgo - Myrrh, mastic, magnolia, fennel, cardamom
    Libra - Tonka bean, benzoin, roses, tuberose, mandarine
    Scorpio - Opoponax, tonka, lotus, tuberose, black pepper
    Sagittarius - Fir absolute, spikenard, black tea, champaca, star anise, juniper
    Capricorn - Myrrh, patchouli, vetiver, magnolia, rose
    Aquarius - frankincense, myrrh, sandalwood, neroli, lavender, rosewood
    Pisces - Oakmoss, amber, seaweed, jasmine, sage, juniper, bergamot

Most of them ended up rather unconventional in that they don't quite fall in a specific category and smell distinctively "different". It was lots of fun making them, but I don't think that if you are a certain sign you will necessarily like your own zodiac perfume. It would rather naive to think that way!
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Interesting list of ingredients, I'll check which sign has most my fave notes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayala
    Taurus - Patchouli, rose
    Gemini - sandalwood, oudh, lavender
    Cancer - Amber, jasmine
    Leo - Olibanum, vanilla, rose, orange blossom, lavender
    Virgo - fennel
    Libra - Tonka bean, roses
    Scorpio - Opoponax, tonka, black pepper
    Sagittarius - black tea
    Capricorn - patchouli, vetiver, rose
    Aquarius - frankincense, sandalwood, lavender, rosewood
    Pisces - Oakmoss, amber, jasmine, sage, bergamot
    Here goes:
    Aries, Leo - 5
    Aquarius, Pisces - 4
    Gemini, Scorpio, Capricorn - 3
    Taurus, Cancer, Libra - 2
    Virgo, Sagittarius - 1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audrey
    I'm Gemini, rising sign Libra, and I guess I have to have many for the Gemini, and all my florals+musks for Libra. But any new ideas are always welcome thanks in advance
    For Libra he recommends:

Staples:
    D&G Classic - red cap
    Cabotine
    Paris
    Organza
    24 Faubourg
    Deci Dela

Vanderbilt
    Eternity
    Blonde
    Je Reviens
    Nocturnes
    Magie Noire

Libra / Scorpio Cusp:
    LouLou
    Tabu
    White Jeans
    Trussardi Light

Virgo / Libra Cusp:
    Miss Dior
    Hugo Boss Woman
    Bellogdia
    Le Dix

For Gemini he recommends:

Staples:
    So Pretty
    Bulgari
    Joy
    Yvresse
    Jean Paul Gaultier (I would pick this for a typical cancerian personally)
    Champs Elysees

Extravagance
    Oscar de la Renta
    Un Air de Samsara
    Moschino (Good pick me thinks!)
    Grand Amour
    Muguet de Bonheur

Gemini / Cancer Cusp:
    L'Air du Temps
    Beautiful
    Stephanotis
    So de la Renta

Taurus / Gemini Cusp:
    Romance
    Envy
    Cristalle
    Caleche

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayala
    Ancient alchemical traditions associate perfumes and incense with the different planets, elements (earth, air, fire, water) and of course - the zodiac signs. I was always fascinated by those attributions and created a line of "Zodiac Perfumes" based on those alchemical principles. There are plants, perfumes and incense attributed to the elements (i.e.: earth - patchouli, vetiver; fire - spices; air - lavender and citrus; water - violet leaf, orris, amber, seaweed), to the planets and to the different principles (sulfur, mercury and salt, which also correspond respectively to the astrological qualities Timberwolf mentioned earlier - fixed, mutable and cardinal). Here are some of the main "alchemical" ingredients I used there.

Taurus - Patchouli, rose, benzoin, palmarosa
    Gemini - Lemongrass, sandalwood, oudh, lavender and lemon
    Cancer - Amber, jasmine, aniseed, camphor
    Leo - Olibanum, vanilla, rose, orange blossom, chamomile, lavender
    Virgo - Myrrh, mastic, magnolia, fennel, cardamom
    Libra - Tonka bean, benzoin, roses, tuberose, mandarine
    Scorpio - Opoponax, tonka, lotus, tuberose, black pepper
    Sagittarius - Fir absolute, spikenard, black tea, champaca, star anise, juniper
    Capricorn - Myrrh, patchouli, vetiver, magnolia, rose
    Aquarius - frankincense, myrrh, sandalwood, neroli, lavender, rosewood
    Pisces - Oakmoss, amber, seaweed, jasmine, sage, juniper, bergamot

Most of them ended up rather unconventional in that they don't quite fall in a specific category and smell distinctively "different". It was lots of fun making them, but I don't think that if you are a certain sign you will necessarily like your own zodiac perfume. It would rather naive to think that way!
    My twisted brain needed to catergorise these differently before commenting so Here they are reorganised by element rather than sign:

Water: Amber, jasmine, aniseed, camphor, Opoponax, tonka, lotus, tuberose, black pepper, Oakmoss, seaweed, sage, juniper, bergamot

Earth: Patchouli, rose, benzoin, palmarosa, myrrh, mastic, magnolia, fennel, cardamom, vetiver,

Air: Lemongrass, sandalwood, oudh, lavender, lemon, Tonka bean, benzoin, roses, tuberose, mandarin, frankincense, myrrh, neroli, rosewood

Fire: Tobacco, pepper, rose geranium, cinnamon, cloves, Olibanum, vanilla, rose, orange blossom, chamomile, lavender, Fir absolute, spikenard, black tea, champaca, star anise, juniper

When I saw it charted like this I was pleased to see that my 'soul' scents fell mostly into Air & Water which happen to be the two major influences in my chart! So nice to be congruent with my nature even in perfumes - my greatest love! ;D

Have you considered making predictions the curious and everchanging fickleness of taste of a quadruple sided sign like a gemini ascendant Libra? ;D ;D ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    Have you considered making predictions the curious and everchanging fickleness of taste of a quadruple sided sign like a gemini ascendant Libra? ;D ;D ;D
    ;D ;D ;D
    Thank heavens I don't have Gemini rising and Moon in Libra... (I'm Pisces) that would make a hextuple! ;D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    I truly wouldn't dare! :-X

However, apart from the suggestions for women (see earlier posts) John Oakes suggests the following, for the male of the species:

Gemini Male:
    Egoiste Platinum
    Insense (Givenchy)
    Moschino pour homme
    Jazz

Libra Male:
    L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (a favourite of Air sign men)
    Xeryus Rouge
    Black Jeans
    Equipage

My twisted brain needed to catergorise these differently before commenting so Here they are reorganised by element rather than sign:

Water: Amber, jasmine, aniseed, camphor, Opoponax, tonka, lotus, tuberose, black pepper, Oakmoss, seaweed, sage, juniper, bergamot

Earth: Patchouli, rose, benzoin, palmarosa, myrrh, mastic, magnolia, fennel, cardamom, vetiver,

Air: Lemongrass, sandalwood, oudh, lavender, lemon, Tonka bean, benzoin, roses, tuberose, mandarin, frankincense, myrrh, neroli, rosewood

Fire: Tobacco, pepper, rose geranium, cinnamon, cloves, Olibanum, vanilla, rose, orange blossom, chamomile, lavender, Fir absolute, spikenard, black tea, champaca, star anise, juniper

When I saw it charted like this I was pleased to see that my 'soul' scents fell mostly into Air & Water which happen to be the two major influences in my chart! So nice to be congruent with my nature even in perfumes - my greatest love! ;D
    Moondeva,
    Your brain is not twisted
    However, my little "system" is a bit more complicated than just signs and their elements, so some of the connections you mentioned above are not how I perceived the scents. For instance: Scorpio is not just a watery sign, it is also affiliated with Mars, and that is why I put the pepper in there. But pepper is NOT associated with water as far as I know. It's associated with Fire and with Mars. I reallly tried to transfer all the different qualities and affiliations of each zodiac sign - i.e. some notes attributed to the sign's planet, element, and also the alchemical nature (salt/mercury/sulphur which are equivalent to cardinal/mutable/fixed), and of course particular notes that are associated with the sign itself - and at the end make sure that this all added up to a coherent, interesting, harmonious composition that in my opinion represented the complexity as well as distinct traits of the specific zodiac sign.

Here is a quick summary of attributions that I know of:

ELEMENTS

Water: Amber, camphor, lotus, Oakmoss, seaweed, sage

Earth: Patchouli, rose, benzoin, myrrh, magnolia, vetiver, lily of the valley

Air: sandalwood, oudh, lavender, lemon, frankincense, neroli, rosewood

Fire: Tobacco, pepper, rose geranium, cinnamon, cloves, , vanilla, rose, orange blossom, chamomile, lavender, champaca

PLANETS

Sun: Vanilla, Saffron, Chamomile, Cinnamon
    Moon: Jasmine, Amber, Lilac, Iris, Violet flower, Sandalwood
    Mercury: Fennel, Cardamom, Coriander, Orange, Mandarin, Tangerine
    Venus: Rose, Violet leaf, Benzoin, Tonka, Myrtle
    Mars: Tobacco, Dragon's Blood, Black Pepper
    Jupiter: Juniper, Sage, Star Anise, Fir
    Saturn: Myrrh, Cedar, Cassia, Patchouli

There are lots of links and relationships inbetween, but really it's all based on intuition and how the different aromas affect the mood - making you more alert and excited (fire-like qualitied), relaxed and introspective (water), intellectual and analytical (air) or grounded and balanced (earth). It's fun to play with the different aromas and see how they affect your mood - I am sure most of the basenoters are doing this all the time - and they can also be used in meditation or help to contemplate your own life. The zodiac perfumes - though can be worn as perfumes - are really great for dabbing on and inhaling to inspire and assist in meditations.

Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

so what's the deal with rising and moon signs? someone explained it to me briefly, but i don't really get it. moon is like your internal personality and rising is how others see you or something? i don't see the difference between sun and moon signs...

i'm taurus with scorpio rising and virgo moon.

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    so what's the deal with rising and moon signs? *someone explained it to me briefly, but i don't really get it. *moon is like your internal personality and rising is how others see you or something? *i don't see the difference between sun and moon signs...

i'm taurus with scorpio rising and virgo moon.
    I would view you like this:

DANGEROUS!! :P

sorry - lets try that again... ;D

Rising Scorpio / Initial expression (how you appear to be at first) = deep, reserved, self reliant, intuitive. Secretive. "still waters run deep" personality that quietly goes about doing their own thing but seems to have the inside scope on most things without even trying. Intense gaze. Passionate natured (more than just sex / sexy). Conveys / believes Knowledge is power. Cycles of change 'death' and 'rebirth' in relationships, work etc. Reinvention.

Sun Taurus / Self expression = Earthy practical. Hard working, appreciates the good things in life. Sensual. Quality over quantity. Money conscious. Swayed by beauty. Stubborn, focussed. Motivation is safety, stability. needs own space and belongs to feel secure. ' A man's home is his castle'.

Moon Virgo / emotional expression = needs intellectual as well as physical connection in a relationship for it to work(though taurus is suseptible(?) to firm young flesh ). Likes things clear, simple, 'logical', may have preoccupation with health and health matters (drawn to nursing, diet, exercise careers and lifestyles) clean living, may be or have been vegetarian, vegan, organic food only. Need 'order' in surroundings and affairs.

Does that help clarify a little? I hope so.

moondeva,

wow thanks for the analysis! lol dangerous huh? anyway, it's very interesting. and for the most part seems pretty accurate. although i wonder if you gave me some other description i would also consider it accurate. but i guess it's kind of telling that i view most of the features in your description as "good" or "not so bad", where other ppl might see a lot of it as not appealing. so that in itself may lend credibility to the results.

am i correct in thinking that your personality is theoretically primarily your sun, with a dash of moon and rising and the other... umm planets?

i'm still not totally clear on the difference between self-expression and emotional-expression, but it makes more sense now than before.

I do not belive in the zodiac... But I find it really fun to read about the different signs and elements pefrumes.

I want to add that I just red an artikle about the different elements perfumes, and the article said that the perfumes of your element strengthens your personality, but the perfumes of the opposit element balanses your personality. The artikle recommended everyone to try both of these perfume-groups.

Water is opposit of Fire and Earth is opposit of Air.

This makes sense to me, who is a water-person, and also really love some fire-perfumes.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I had a google and found a website with some interesting thoughts.

http://www.spirited-women.com/fragrancehoroscopes.htm
    all the perfumes listed for saggitarius (me) i liked and i own four of them! the sorts of fragrances for saggitarius were ok, but i dont know if they are really "me". L'eau d'issey is a good one and same with ck one, i havn't even tried manifesto by isabella rosselini tho... an interesting notion. i think there is something about starsigns, yes i agree that the ones in the newspaper are so general and ridiculous, it surely is an art, counjuring up a sentence that has so many meanings and interpretations that it almost nearly always come true.

Cool Re: Zodiac - any relevance?

There is an Aust perfume website where you can find a fragance by using their personality or starsign as a guide.
    I probably like 5 or 6 of the 20 or so suggestions for me (Virgo). Check it out!

www.efragrance.com.au

and click on the fragrance finder

Thanks for the link, nice one. I got 1/22, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf
    OK, I will try to be brief. Oh, how I want to lay my paws on that Oakes' book!

Here are some of my observations:
    1) For those who do not believe in astrology -- you do not know what you are missing. IMHO. The zodiacal circle, known as horoscope, is the symbol for the flow of the energies in the universe. Try to make your own chart through Astrodienst for starters, then go to Astrology-Numerology site to read more on the meanings of signs and aspects.
    2) Almost everybody and their dog know their Sun sign and their element (Fire, Water, Air, Earth), and that is where the first generalization error occurs: if someone was born under the sign of Cancer, it does not necessarily mean that their most favorite perfumes will include L'Eau D'Issey, Sunflowers and Aqua di Gio. Is your sign Cardinal (self-starters and pioneers), Fixed (adamant executives and supporters) or Mutable (versatile and multi-faceted)?
    3) What was it the sign on the cusp of the first house -- Ascendant indicating your outer personality?
    4) For women it is very important where the Moon (responsible for senses, inlcluding a sense of smell and "gut" feeling) and the Venus (mode of appreciation) are. For every perfume lover, I would recommend to also pay close attention to the position of Neptune (sensitivity, addiction).
    5) How big is your 5th House, responsible for pleasures and enjoyment? What are the planets and their aspects positioned inside it? How is it/are they connected with your 4th House (private life, inner emotions)?
    Timberwolf - you've nailed it right there!

I'm a believer in the Zodiac as well. Not the daily mass media stuff, but the books and charts.

And you're right - the one thing that most people simply don't understand about astrology is that your "star" sign (which is, in itself, incorrect terminology!) simply represents one aspect of your astrological self. ALL of the planets - not just the sun - play a part in your zodiac make-up, which may explain why many people don't believe in all that stuff because "it's way off!"

I have read John Oakes' books, and I thought they were quite good. Unfortunately, he mainly concentrates on the female perspective - what about us, John?

He's actually written two books, that I know of. The first one, in 1996, was simply titled "Perfume" I think. At the end, it had a small section titled "The Perfume Zodiac". The other book, published in 1998 was called "The Perfume Zodiac" and concentrated exclusively on his ideas based on the zodiac.

While it provided around 15 or so choices for the female of each sign, it did go into a little more detail for the men, but with only four choices! (Why is it that the world in general seems to think men don't care about smelling good?)

Anyway, my point is that I have only tried one of the suggestions for me (I'm a male Cancerian) and - EEK! It (Antaeus) made me smell like a grandmother! I've tried others from other male sign recommendations and liked some of them, but unfortunately it's very difficult to get many of the frags mentioned in the book (or on basenotes for that matter!) in Australia - nobody here carries anything of worth or note!

So, the point of my rambling treatise is that while I believe in the zodiac, I think as far as perfumes are concerned, it's more of a loose guide. And don't be afraid to try ... well, anything really! It's all good!

Cheers
    QE

Back in 2000 I found a very pretty bottle of Taurus perfume at Victoria's secret. They had a scent for each sign with notes that were supposed to appeal to each one and the Taurus scent repesented Earth, very green and grassy, very not my taste at all . I believe in the Zodiac and if they went with a gourmand or an oriental I think it would have suited the majority of Bulls alot more...we are creatures of luxury you know .

Post Re: Zodiac - any relevance?

I was very into astrology in my youth. I remember reading snippets in mags and books about the ideal frag for my Capricorn sun sign but I never agreed with any of them. The only time I recall noticing a connection between astrology and fragrance for me was when I read that Chanel No 19,which I love, was listed as an "Aries" fragrance, Aries being my moon sign. It might be interesting to check out the fragrance suggested for the sign which corresponds to your moon sign as the moon is the guardian of the emotions and the more intuitive aspects of character. I do have a preference for floral chypres and some oriental florals which I guess goes with the Capricorn/Aries combo. Other faves include Goutal's Passion, Sensi, Envy Me 2, Noa and Charlie Blue. It can be a fun subject to dip into but I would never take it too seriously! This is my first post and I mistakenly rated this thread with only one star, I meant to give it four, oops sorry!
    Last edited by chaelaran1008; 14th August 2006 at 01:45 AM.

Forgive me if this has been posted before (this link has been going on a long time!) but this site is fun:

I've never worn a single fragrance that's recommended for me (Aquarius) but it's fun to read the suggestions anyways.

Oh - and WELCOME chaelaran1008!

So neat, this topic. I'm one who believes in the validity of astrology, and Twolf and Quiet Earth are correct - to be accurate it has to take into account the complete horoscope. All the planets, houses, and aspects moderate each other so are all important. The big three - sun, moon, ascendant - are considered the skeleton of the individual's personality/psyche on which everything else hangs. But you really can't leave anything out for it to be accurate (just as you can't omit the nose on your face).

I'm a Pisces, moon in Aries, Libra rising, with lots of Aquarius and 12th house influence. My fourth and 12th house are loaded and I have Neptune in my 12th which just about guarantees mystic tendencies. I'm a person who is invariably trying to transcend, finding the universal connection in everything, adore readings on Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Qabalah, metaphysics - all of it appeals to the mutable, watery, spiritual quality of my sign. I've always been drawn to "soul" type fragrances.
    My horoscope reads me accurately and I'm extremely Piscean. But... in most of the fragrance recommendations I bombed. I'm not sure how they pick those recommendations. Essential oils, and natural fragrances are different, as they are one-note and supposedly resonate with different signs. But there are only a few from each of my main signs I like, which is probably because there are so many complex aspects to consider. But the big three signs should be *some* sort of guide.
    So... what would you pick as indicative of your Sun sign? You know as well as anyone else, obviously, from the results!

For Pisces I would pick L'Heure Bleue, without a doubt. The evocative, emotional, fluid quality of that fragrance appeals enormously. And the color connotation is right up Pisces' alley, as I love colors of the sea. I'm not sure there's a fragrance made that can be too emotional or evocative for a Pisces. Those are like mother's milk for us. Others which seem to me very Piscean are:
    Fiori Di Capri - Carthusia
    Royal Water - Creed
    Thierry Mugler Cologne
    Cucumber Baie - Fresh
    Apres L'Ondee
    Eau Rosee - Mariella Burani
    Light Blue - Dolce & Gabbana
    Bois De Violette - Serge Lutens
    Guet-Apens - Guerlain
    Gianfranco Ferre

The Aries Moon side of me finds one with more fire appealing:
    Splash Forte - Iunx
    Coco - Chanel
    Spezie - Lorenzo Villoresi
    Piper Nigrum - L.V.
    Muscs Khoublai Khan - Serge Lutens
    Habanita
    Anucci
    Coriandre
    Theorema
    Safari - Ralph Lauren
    Bandit
    Asja - Fendi
    Panthere De Cartier
    Le Baiser Du Dragon

My Libra rising likes smooth, balanced, *pretty* fragrances. And as a matter of fact, I consider my Libra part a big rose lover:
    Orange Blossom - Jo Malone (actually most orangeblossom fragrances!)
    Costes
    Tam Dao
    Rose D'Ete
    Fleur De The Rose Bulgare
    La Chase Au Papillons
    Lipstick Rose
    Bulgari green and white tea fragrances
    Rose Absolue
    Agent Provocateur
    Orchidee Blanc
    Chene - Serge Lutens

The ones that appeal to the mix of all three are usually my very favorites. And I think my Neptune and 12th house influence adds a love of deep soulful scents:
    Dark Aoud - Montale
    Bois De Violette
    Daim Blond
    L'Heure Bleue
    Idole De Lubin
    Bal A Versaille
    Charles Jourdan
    Coco - Chanel
    Madness - Chopard
    Lavender by Crabtree & Evelyn
    Opone - Diptyque
    Piper Nigrum - Lorenzo Villoresi
    Eau Rosee - Mariella Burani
    Jean Nate
    Comme une Evidence - Yves Rocher
    Cashmere Mist
    Le Baiser Du Dragon
    Profumo - Acqua De Parma
    Musc Ravageur
    Eau Dynamisante

For Moondeva: I'm not sure if your question about how to balance the elements was directly answered, but Margareta laid out the plan: if you lack earth element, then earth scents are very grounding for you when you are feeling too much in the air. If you lack fire, then those type fragrances will be very energizing for you when you're feeling like a slug. I have little earth in my chart, and I have an essential oil blend that grounds me effectively. One fragrance I like that sort of grounds, but mostly energizes me is Eau Dynamisante. I find most of the leather scents grounding, which may be why they appeal to me - I just tried Idole De Lubin, and it's really great, very grounding.
    For Liquid: The moon sign is usually considered your emotional center, and the rising sign is not only the face we present to the world, but actually our way to connect effectively to the world. That is why it is easy to read people incorrectly. What you oftentimes see when meeting someone is the expression of their rising sign. That is commonly our taste in colors, dress, hairstyles and public fragrances. It isn't a superficial aspect of ourselves as it suggests, because the ascendant is our interface with the outer world. The expression of your ascendant will give you the most satisfactory results.

Blog Entries

I must admit I am a little bemused by how I am manifesting my astrological influences. A wonderful Basenoter tried to draft a superficial chart for based on my mother's estimated (she cannot remember - her firstborn and she doesn't remember?!) time of my birth but unfortunately the shell doesn't quite fit.

I read this on Astrology.com:
    "If you were to think of your Sun sign as your soul -- your inner personality and potential -- and your Moon sign as your heart -- your emotional core -- then you could say that your rising sign is your physical self or the face you present to the world. For example, though your Sun sign might be Taurus, your rising sign could very well be Gemini. While you're feeling laid-back, others will tend to see you as a ball of nervous energy and cerebral wit.

At times, your rising sign may act as a mask, hiding some aspect of your inner self you don't feel like revealing. What's your mask? How do others see you?"

I must admit I am a little bemused by how I am manifesting my astrological influences. A wonderful Basenoter tried to draft a superficial chart for based on my mother's estimated (she cannot remember - her firstborn and she doesn't remember?!) time of my birth but unfortunately the shell doesn't quite fit.
    Does your birth certificate have a time of birth? Wasn't there a medical person attending?! My goodness, to expect a woman to give birth and also keep track of the time! I'm glad someone else was doing that when I had my daughter :-) The last thing I remember was some male member in the pre-delivery room (my husband? my father?) making a comment about how I was losing my sense of humor. Maybe they sedated me before I killed one or the other :-) I'm sure they had some cute name for it, like PBS (Pre-Birth Syndrome).
    Anyway that's sort of OT - what fragrances do you think *suit* your sign?

This is an excellent thread, one I really wanted to see.
    I personally do not 'believe' in the zodiac anymore than anyone would believe in mathematics. Although the explanations of planetary influences are not concrete yet or fully understood, I find that since the current forumlas explain me to a very high degree of accuracy, I am willing to go by what they say. But I mean hey, its just a tool to understand yourself anyways! If it doesnt help, then just forget it altogether

Now my question would be: since a scent is meant on one level to project you to others, would your rising sign not be a dominant force in determining which scents work very well with you? As the rising sign will show how you act outwardly towards people, as Flathorn mentioned.
    I am a Leo rising, and also I find that I really enjoy very luxurious scents if that makes sense. Things that are very lush.
    Also though, im sure that the moon and earth signs would make an important influence on the base of the scent.

I am a Capricorn, with Leo rising, and moon in Libra.
    Scents that I really enjoy are ones like Daim Blond, Egoiste, Creed's Imperial, Dior's Bois D'Argent, and even Antaeus.
    Although I like fresher scents like Geir and Green Irish Tweed (and admittedly wear them quite a lot) I dont feel like I have a 'fit' with them like the previously mentioned. I even wear AdG occasionally.
    When I wear a scent like Antaeus, i feel a lot more 'ballsy' and forward, which is not usually my style. Almost all my other influences are either earth or water save for the Leo, so I perhaps need to look into something with a little more heat for occasions where I might want it!
    I dont really enjoy spicy scents though, and found it tough to enjoy Chergui despite how amazing a frag it is.

So basically I like a refined, luxurious scent with a strong/deep base, that isnt offensive or 'loud.' Sounds just like me. Any suggestions on others i could try?

Again, great thread. I cant wait to read some more posts! Flathorn's post was very much on the mark and very interesting. I didnt really consider that wearing a scent that has aspects where you are lacking them can bring you into balance in those areas. I really do think that actually by analyzing yourself (be it with the zodiac tool, introspection, or whatever you choose) you can find the scents that REALLY work with you on a much much much more detailed and complex level. I also think that I may be able to find my 'holy grail' scent in this way. We'll see!
    Last edited by LushLife; 16th August 2006 at 08:46 PM.

Smile Re: Zodiac - any relevance?

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah
    Forgive me if this has been posted before (this link has been going on a long time!) but this site is fun:

I've never worn a single fragrance that's recommended for me (Aquarius) but it's fun to read the suggestions anyways.

Oh - and WELCOME chaelaran1008!
    Thank you so much for the welcome, Tovah. I checked out the suggestions for all of the signs in the link you included and, interestingly, Sagittarius came out best. I have mercury and venus in Sag. Of the five fragrances listed I have worn and liked four in the past with Chanel 19 the only one still in my wardrobe. When I throw in Aries moon too I guess fire as an element must have a stronger influence over my choice of fragrance than my Capricorn sun/Virgo rising earth combo. I was also pleased to read in Moondeva's post that Montana parfum de peau is recommended for one of the Aries cusps. This was the first perfume I absolutely fell in love with and I would rate it (as it was in 1986) as number one of all the perfumes I have ever owned.
    Lushlife has noted a preference for Antaeus which is also my favourite men's frag. Does this have something to do with a Capricorn sun + fire (moon/rising) connection or is it pure coincidence - whatever, this is a fun topic.
    P.S I have an Aquarius friend whose taste in perfume is totally different from mine, she loves Chance, Eternity, Obsession and Coco but I have no idea if they are typically Aquarian choices.
    Last edited by chaelaran1008; 16th August 2006 at 11:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flathorn
    Does your birth certificate have a time of birth? Wasn't there a medical person attending?! My goodness, to expect a woman to give birth and also keep track of the time! I'm glad someone else was doing that when I had my daughter :-) The last thing I remember was some male member in the pre-delivery room (my husband? my father?) making a comment about how I was losing my sense of humor. Maybe they sedated me before I killed one or the other :-) I'm sure they had some cute name for it, like PBS (Pre-Birth Syndrome).
    Anyway that's sort of OT - what fragrances do you think *suit* your sign?
    ROFLMAO!!

Sadly, no time on my birth certificate. I do know somethings though:
    I have moon in Cancer, and Mars in Pisces with very little (i.e. no) Wood or Fire in my chart. I am a complete 'wet weekend'!

I gravitate to Chypres, green woods, and resinous, spicy Orientals. Leather & Tobacco also feature strongly in my core fragrance wardobe.

I am a bit out of sorts at the moment as my usual woods (cedar, sandal, rose) are not appealing to me as they once did. My current obsessions are cistus labdanum and orange blossom. But even that has now started to wane.

Not sure what to look to now...