Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Angry NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

I purchased a bottle of Yang about 3 weeks ago. After about a week and a half I got a notice from UPS that the package that they were going to deliver to me from 1stperfume.com was broken in transit and will be shipped back to them.
    I contacted 1stperfume via email and they told me that they will let me know once they get it back in. I told them to just send out a new bottle since they knew it was coming back because UPS told them also.
    After writing to them about 5 times asking them to tell me the status of the order they have not gotten back to me. Today, I sent a really threatening letter to them and I am looking forward to how they are going to react to it.
    I wonder if I will ever get my yang at all or if they would even refund the money I paid them.

I will NEVER shop with this crappy site again.
    Nobody should shop with them until they change their business practices and especially their customer service. I wouldn't hold my breath for any of this happening of course.

Anybody who deals with 1stperfume or their mirror site perfumedistributor.com
    is asking for a lot trouble.

mentallo

UPDATE:

At lunch I received a extremely angry call from a guy from 1stperfume.com. I guess my email enraged him In the email I said that I will make sure nobody from the perfume forum I belong to will shop at their site again if I do not hear back from them in regard to my order. He told me that I should do whatever I felt was necessary. He was truly yelling at me and I could hardly get a word in. WOW. He even went to far and said that maybe I broke the bottle and he has to wait until UPS returns the item him. What the hell, UPS told him that the package is damaged and is coming back him, so why do I have to wait to get my order until that happens instead of them just sending out a new bottle. From a customer service stand point that makes zero sense. It has been over 3 weeks now.
    It's also funny that nobody replied to my 3 emails last week but one angry email makes them even call you. Thats truly great customer service quality.
    I really do not understand why so many internet stores do not give a shit about their customers. Such horrible business sense. If they would have sent a new bottle out right away and appologized for the problem, I would not have made a fuss at all and I might even have shopped with them again in the future. But no, they decided to make me never shop at their store again just because they are truly horrible people with the business sense of a goat.
    Last edited by mentallo; 15th August 2006 at 06:06 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

Default Re: NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

You are certainly not the first person here to report negative experiences with 1stperfume.com (not to be confused with parfum1.com, parfum1.com is a good vendor).

Hopefully you paid with a credit card, so you can have the CC company reverse the charge. Save any documentation you have from UPS that shows the package was never delivered.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Quote Originally Posted by mentallo
    Nobody should shop with them until they change their business practices and especially their customer service. I wouldn't hold my breath for any of this happening of course.

Mentallo,
    Brother, that's a rotten deal, sorry to hear that. Clearly, you're dealing with a total psycho. How stupid to alienate everybody here. Ironically, if he gave you free stuff or something, you'd likely report it here, as we tend to do, and he'd get lots more business. But sociopaths don't understand that.

As Dcampen said, this is a great opportunity to protest the charge. Be sure to document what's happening - the yelling phone message should be very helpful for you. I'm guessing that because he is a jackass, even if he finally does send a replacement, he'll stonewall as long as possible. I would get that protest into your credit card company ASAP. You might even be able to pull off getting the product and a refund.

Thanks for the warning,
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Cognoscento; 15th August 2006 at 07:52 PM.

I purchased a bottle of Yang about 3 weeks ago. After about a week and a half I got a notice from UPS that the package that they were going to deliver to me from 1stperfume.com was broken in transit and will be shipped back to them.
    I contacted 1stperfume via email and they told me that they will let me know once they get it back in. I told them to just send out a new bottle since they knew it was coming back because UPS told them also.
    After writing to them about 5 times asking them to tell me the status of the order they have not gotten back to me. Today, I sent a really threatening letter to them and I am looking forward to how they are going to react to it.
    I wonder if I will ever get my yang at all or if they would even refund the money I paid them.

mentallo

UPDATE:

At lunch I received a extremely angry call from a guy from 1stperfume.com. I guess my email enraged him In the email I said that I will make sure nobody from the perfume forum I belong to will shop at their site again if I do not hear back from them in regard to my order. He told me that I should do whatever I felt was necessary. He was truly yelling at me and I could hardly get a word in. WOW. He even went to far and said that maybe I broke the bottle and he has to wait until UPS returns the item him. What the hell, UPS told him that the package is damaged and is coming back him, so why do I have to wait to get my order until that happens instead of them just sending out a new bottle. From a customer service stand point that makes zero sense. It has been over 3 weeks now.
    It's also funny that nobody replied to my 3 emails last week but one angry email makes them even call you. Thats truly great customer service quality.
    I really do not understand why so many internet stores do not give a shit about their customers. Such horrible business sense. If they would have sent a new bottle out right away and appologized for the problem, I would not have made a fuss at all and I might even have shopped with them again in the future. But no, they decided to make me never shop at their store again just because they are truly horrible people with the business sense of a goat.
    what if i was a goat. I may have taken offense to that

yes this site sucks, i hope no one ever buys from them

have posted this thread on mua...thanks for the info!
    made enough money to buy miami but i pissed it away so fast (jimmy buffett) on perfume (my daughter's addition)

And I know MANY people at MUA have been burned by this seller (he has acted crazy to at least one, too)>

But again--as another poster said, don't confuse this with Parfum1, which is a GOOD SITE.

Thanks for the warning-- nothing worse than word of mouth. When customer service is unsatisfactory, be warned. Thanks again!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

It's also funny that nobody replied to my 3 emails last week but one angry email makes them even call you.
    Just for sh*ts and giggles, you should email him the link to this thread. Remind him that Basenotes as ~5,000 members, many of whom buy fragrances online like its their job and none of whom will be buying from him. This guy is a scumbucket of the lowest order; lets make it clear that scumbucketry is not a viable online business model in this day and age.

also, stay away from UnlimitedPerfumes.com. Far away. That one is run by a very unhinged individual named JP Cambert.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    Just for sh*ts and giggles, you should email him the link to this thread. Remind him that Basenotes as ~5,000 members, many of whom buy fragrances online like its their job and none of whom will be buying from him. This guy is a scumbucket of the lowest order; lets make it clear that scumbucketry is not a viable online business model in this day and age.

also, stay away from UnlimitedPerfumes.com. Far away. That one is run by a very unhinged individual named JP Cambert.
    Joel,
    Interesting thought, as always! I did a quick Google search on his name, and if you like reading some testimonials, click here. Particularly fascinating are his insults to a person's ethnic background, age, intellect, family, etc., all delivered with copious profanity!

This reminds me of another psycho-seller... for those with a taste for the lurid, Google the phrase "angriest ebay seller".

Default Re: ALWAYS shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

hi all
    i have read the comment that you have posted i am a regular customer of 1stperfume.com and find no irregularity in price,quality and customer service i think there is a misunderstanding between both of you but i will suggest if you have to need a good quality perfume then go to 1stperfume always
    Last edited by denishpark; 15th September 2006 at 11:05 AM.

Let's "Welcome" one of the 1stperfume employees: denishpark
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

Welcome, denishpark! After years of reading rants from one savvy internet consumer after another, I'm sure your first post here assuring us what a great company this is will be well noted.
    Last edited by beachroses; 15th September 2006 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beachroses
    Welcome, denishpark! After years of reading rants from one savvy internet consumer after another, I'm sure your first post here assuring us what a great company this is will be well noted.
    Indeed, and your thorough, point-by-point rebuttal, rather than simple subjective endorsement, definately makes you sound like an casual party with no personal interest in the company! I too recommend people always and exclusivley buy from one particular source, even though I'm unaffiliated with that source. Welcome!

Default HotDAM', Mentallo... (Re: ALWAYS shop at 1stperfume.com !!!)

Ah do b'lieve youall'e SCARED someone

Quote Originally Posted by denishpark
    hi all
    i have read the comment that you have posted i am a regular customer of 1stperfume.com and find no irregularity in price,quality and customer service i think there is a misunderstanding between both of you but i will suggest if you have to need a good quality perfume then go to 1stperfume always

Edited 1/9: Okay, after defending 1stperfume a few times, I'm now adding myself to the list of "don't order from this site." I had three orders go fine with them, but the fourth was short two bottles. No big deal, really, so I sent an email to them saying that there were two missing bottles and that I looked forward to receiving them in a second shipment.

After a few days they replied simply, "Please send the bottles back to us if you'd like a refund" followed by instructions on how to ship the missing bottles back to them via UPS.

I was a bit bewildered by this response, so I responded to their email, "That's the problem; the order is MISSING two bottles. I can't send you back bottles that I dont' have." They have yet to respond.

So, order at your own risk. If the order arrives safely, then there's no issue and it's a fine site... but have a problem with the order, and then the fun begins. I'll keep the site updated on how they resolve (or "if" they resolve) the issue.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 10th January 2007 at 01:15 AM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Just thought I'd bump this thread up again so people can read it and know what they're getting into...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

OK. 1stPerfume.com gets $0.00 of my money. Thanks for the heads up Mentallo.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Agree on the poor customer service. My order went find, but UPS had some delays, and trying to get in touch with 1stPerfume and get a response to my request for them to start a trace with UPS was not great.

The best thing they could do is put someone in customer service and provide a telephone number on their site instead of just an e-mail address. Email address is fine as long as someone is answering them daily (yes, including weekends, that's the nature of a business).
    Visit our perfume blog - Perfume Posse

Unhappy Re: NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

HI
    I just become a member but I have been "bitten" by 1stperfume.com recently and I need help> I ordered 200 $ worth of product... I got the regular here is your order number e-mail.. Days passed no shipping number.. So I wrote them several e-mails no answer....( I did also track this mail feature that my beloved comp eng. husband added up for me and I know they received the mails). I learned from the bank they put an authorization request but they havent yet!!! charged me. What should I do???? I shopped other places before this is the worst place ever.... any ideas and help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Blog Entries

It sounds like they haven't shipped the order or charged you yet. Can't you call the credit card co. and cancel the order?

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    It sounds like they haven't shipped the order or charged you yet. Can't you call the credit card co. and cancel the order?
    The bank said the authorization for charging went thru.... So I am not sure if I what to do at this point....

Blog Entries

Maybe it will arrive soon and all will be well. Has it been a long time? There has been snow and bad weather lately.

It has been 8 days... Even it arrives I am afraid to have defective products due to all the reviews I have been reading.. Today has been a bad day for me...This ( with increasing frustration) and a hit and run to my parked car!! Murphy's laws are in effect!

Blog Entries

Well, best not to worry until the package arrives. As I understand it, sometimes they send the wrong thing or leave something off the order. That's different than bad perfume. Two weeks delivery is not unusual for perfume. Because of postal restrictions for flamables sometimes they send it the slowest ground route and it takes forever.

Quote Originally Posted by BluePhoenix
    It has been 8 days... Even it arrives I am afraid to have defective products due to all the reviews I have been reading.. Today has been a bad day for me...This ( with increasing frustration) and a hit and run to my parked car!! Murphy's laws are in effect!
    Yeah, 8 days is no worry, in general. The issues with 1stfragrance usually aren't about them NOT shipping the fragrance or bad fragrances, but instead with screwing up the order with a wrong fragrance or shorting the order and then taking their sweet time getting back to you to make amends.

I'd say wait two weeks; after that if you've heard nothing... then start the complaining process in full force.

BluePheonix: what happened with your order in the end?

Here's the text of a post of mine time about these kind of unreliable e-retailers that is now lost as a thread. I'm reposting it because it could be helpful to someone:

I ordered three times from Fragranceblvd.com over the course of about a year. Each time, it was the same mess. No response to initial emails, and when they did respond it was only to tell me that what I had ordered was out of stock. (Okay, okay, I know, I am a slow learner.) It’s easy––once you know–– to spot these kind of websites. They never change their listings. They'll tell you something is out-of-stock and if you check back immediately and keep checking back, even over the course of a year or two, you’ll see that their listings for items they know are out-of-stock never change. Another website that runs the same scam is 1stperfume.com and the various other names (or fronts) it goes under, such as Perfumedistributor.com and Overstockperfume.com. Incidentally, another front for Fraganceblvd.com is Discountblvd.com. Check Bizrate’s customer satisfaction ratings and comments and you’ll soon get a sense of which sites to avoid.

Also, don't be fooled by their listings of hard-to-find-fragrances. These fragrances are the ones they never have. The ploy is to get you to visit the website and buy their exorbitantly priced regular and in stock items. I think Setamp is right, some of them will check around and see if they can find the item, but I think that’s less likely because even websites which have hard-to-find items don’t really have access as readily to hard-to-find items as we think. How do I know this? I know some people in the fragrance retailing business, and I’ve also asked reputable websites to track down hard-to-find fragrances for me. The response has always been less than enthusiastic. Finally, what emerged from my many communications with many of them was that their coming by hard-to-find fragrances was always a lot more hit and miss than we would otherwise be lead to believe.

A good procedure, I’ve found, is that if the website has a telephone number and you can get through to a person immediately, then, obviously you’re not going to have any problems because you can ask them right then and there if they have the hard-to-find fragrance or not. If they don’t answer the phone or return your message, or if they don’t have a contact phone number, run the other way, and quickly. The same goes for email. If you find a little known website that only has an email contact address, try sending an email. If they don’t respond, don’t be tempted to order. Forget them and move on to a trusted and reputable website. There are plenty of them. You’d be surprised how many websites don’t answer phone calls or emails. I can guarantee you, from hard earned personal experience, these are the ones that will always cause you grief, time, and frustration. The golden rule of thumb is that if the deal is too good to be believed, trust your instinct (and some good research) and believe that it’s too good to be believed.

The first, though definitely not the last, e-retailer to check for hard-to-find items is Perfumebay.com. If Perfumebay.com has it listed, it will almost always be in stock. In my extensive experience with them, they can definitely be trusted. Also, Perfumebay.com’s price for hard-to-find items and even regular items is a good base-line for the kinds of prices one finds out there on the WWWW (the wonderful world wide web). It’s a good place to start one’s research.

“Bark”, I’ve learnt the hard way, and I have now given up on websites that aren’t well known and proven. With all the ones I've tried, I have never, ever, had any success. Finally, when you can’t find something you want from an e-retailer, there’s always ebay.

I think, taking a page out of MUA’s book, Basenoters would be well advised to avoid e-retailers like Fragranceblvd.com, 1stperfume.com and their fronts and blacklist them.

Hope this helps.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 10th June 2007 at 01:52 PM.

I started using perfumebay.com a few months ago and have not looked back. Jock got a bottle of something sent to him by mistake and I want to ask him how they resolved it.
    One of Basenotes advertisers ran me around in circles after I explained that my FedEx driver doesnt deliver FedEx ground packages. I think I destroyed their world but I see they now use DHL.
    In a few past posts I've given people links to 1stperfume so they could see what prices were for discontinued items. I won't do that anymore. I've been lucky and never felt tempted to buy a $1000.00 bottle of edt.
    I'll agree with all of scentemental's views on perfumbay.com, they do come through for you.

Just adding that although I had an entirely successful if slightly slow order from 1stperfume.com/Perfumedistributor.com in January, when I tried to place a very large order last Friday, 8 out of the 10 items I wanted (and that were said to be in stock) were suddenly OOS as soon as I tried to place them in my basket. I am running out of patience with the nearly ubiquitous industry practice of listing amazing deals (so as to appear prominently in a search engine) that are really not obtainable. And to followup, I cancelled the order and on reading this thread am rather glad I did.

Agree with Mentallo. Ordered a bottle of Floris JF about three weeks ago from 1st Perfume and it barely arrived yesterday. The UPS tracking(which gave me a confirmed delivery date, already late) suddenly stated a new message: that the item had been "rescheduled" (in other words, we screwed up!!!) till the following week. Thanks Mentallo, will never make that mistake again.

I have made the mistake of purchasing from them as well. It was a terrible experience all around. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM, UNLESS YOU ENJOY GETTING RIPPED OFF!!!!!! BY THE WAY, THE SAME PEOPLE WHO OWN 1ST PERFUME OWN PERFUMELOOP.COM, DON'T BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Maz24; 12th April 2007 at 04:43 AM.

Wish I found this thread sooner. I placed an order from them, because it was the lowest price for the item, and never recieved a UPS tracking code, I'm a little worried as I've already been billed for it but other orders I placed from other venders haven't arrived yet so I guess there's not much to worry about.

I hope I'm one of the lucky ones who gets their orders just fine, so I can not have to deal with them in the future. I will make sure to let people know not to order from them.

If you need to contact them the number is 732-993-4199. They don't say this on their website. I hope your familiar with Indian dialects. Thank you, come again! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    If you need to contact them the number is 732-993-4199. They don't say this on their website. I hope your familiar with Indian dialects. Thank you, come again! ;-)
    Haha, thanks for the contact info. I hope I won't have to use it
    --------------------------------------
    UPDATE: After I sent an email I recieved one back from them promptly which included my shipping number. The package arrived today along with 2 others I ordered from different distributors. So, thankfully my order went smoothly. But I still won't shop with them based off of what's been said in this thread.
    Last edited by Aaron01; 28th April 2007 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello everyone, I am glad I found this thread. I was considering making an order with PerfumeDistributor.com today, but I couldn't believe they really had all these great perfumes (Caron Farnesiana, Guerlain Derby, etc.) in stock. So I Googled them and found this thread. Thanks to Basenotes for hosting this forum. Probably saved me a lot of money, not to mention frustration. No wonder PerfumeDistributor.com has no customer reviews on its Web site. I'm sure the site would be filled with angry posts.

Exclamation Re: NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

PLEASE NOTE:
    1stperfume.com, also known as perfumedistributor.com, has another "sister" site under the name of overstockperfume.com.

!BUYERS BEWARE!

thank you sir.

Now can some of you kids coming out of law school handle all this?

We need honest prosecutors and defenders.
    --------------------------------------
    as long as those doggies get some sleep. I say yes!
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 9th June 2007 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Question Re: NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

Amazingly, 1stperfume.com homepage displays the NexTag Seller seal (of approval), 4 Checks out of 5 from Shopping.com =Trusted Store, and a BizRate green smiley-face = Good.

Do you think they 'buy' from themselves using personal computers and seed the ratings with high marks and glowing reviews to counter the legitimate negative ones?

that is definitely possible...

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Amazingly, 1stperfume.com homepage displays the NexTag Seller seal (of approval), 4 Checks out of 5 from Shopping.com =Trusted Store, and a BizRate green smiley-face = Good.

Do you think they 'buy' from themselves using personal computers and seed the ratings with high marks and glowing reviews to counter the legitimate negative ones?

that is definitely possible...

That's definitely a possibility, but just check out their ratings. They're appalling. They'd have to do a lot of positive posting to counteract all the negative posts. Also, didn't someone from this company post to this thread, or an earlier one, assuring everybody that it was an excellent site to order from? What a joke!

On the overstockperfume.com website they have a Bizrate logo which shows they supposedly won a customer service award in 2005. As far as I can tell, they're not even registered with Bizrate, and I suspect the website was only just uploaded this year. It's copyright date is 2007. Again, buyers beware!

scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 10th June 2007 at 01:56 PM.

a pictures worth a thousand words — a websites got credentials that look odd?

I grew up trying not to look at the pictures in a paper that sat right next to the New York Times, The New York News, The Jersey Journal, The Philadelphia inquirer, The Irish Times, The Italian paper with news of of the bicycle races in Europe, the paper from New York that had Alexander Hamilton's visage centered top.

But there was a strange paper, a paper that was never in our apartment. It was full of lurid, obscene, violent, macabre pictures ... It scared the living cement out of me.

This newspaper for some reason always was the first thing I saw, and that was because it had the best position on the shelf, lets call it a shelf.

A kid could sit on this shelf and watch big kids with hair coming out in all directions playing pinball. And I lived in that neigborhood and went to school right down the block from it. And we all knew each others names.

I got bigger and went to High School and read some really weird newspapers but never the one I was afraid of.

It's getting late here and almost time for bed. So I'll wrap this right about now.

The paper I was afraid of was The National inquirer

and that newspaper was total bullshit, cut and paste, they did not take any time at all to put anything factual or even clever. It was gore, ........ I have to stop. It was swill.

I think they may have ran advertisements

I'm willing to bet that 1stperfume.com is advertising with them still.

I became what I always wanted to be, a computer photoretoucher finally.

I wonder why?

Default NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

Hey everybody.....

I m surely new to this forum community, but not new with 1stperfume.com. I have also shopped many times from this specified site. But I havnt felt anything the way you all are feeling. I have read all the posts by different furious users…elaborating their so called negative experiences. That’s funny…Now dnt consider me as one of the representatives of that site,,,,I m no way related to them…I m just here to share my views the way you all are sharing…the only difference,,, mine is a pleasant one…

I ordered Burberry Brit Women by Burberry, n everything went fine…I was given my due fragrance the way I expected…that too within time period specified ..further I found that the site is quite user friendly…

Its really disappointing….reading all that…But as everything has two aspects …same is the case here….u all have a bitter experience and I have a marvelous one…I think you should give a second chance to them…

Nobody is flawless or perfect…everybody commits mistake and learn from them….n in so called business world…ups and down are the most…so move on with the time..n I think this time you all will not face any such problem……

Quote Originally Posted by Elly patty View Post
    …elaborating their so called negative experiences. That’s funny…Now dnt consider me as one of the representatives of that site,,,,I m no way related to them…
    I would submit that the negative experiences were just that - negative experiences. Why characterize them as "so called"? Why would a first time poster choose this particular topic to "jump in and rally to the defense" of some low class, scumbag company if he did not have an affiliation?

...no way related?......yeah, right

Thumbs down Re: NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

Hey everybody.....

I m surely new to this forum community, but not new with 1stperfume.com. I have also shopped many times from this specified site. But I havnt felt anything the way you all are feeling. I have read all the posts by different furious users…elaborating their so called negative experiences. That’s funny…Now dnt consider me as one of the representatives of that site,,,,I m no way related to them…I m just here to share my views the way you all are sharing…the only difference,,, mine is a pleasant one…

I ordered Burberry Brit Women by Burberry, n everything went fine…I was given my due fragrance the way I expected…that too within time period specified ..further I found that the site is quite user friendly…

Its really disappointing….reading all that…But as everything has two aspects …same is the case here….u all have a bitter experience and I have a marvelous one…I think you should give a second chance to them…

Nobody is flawless or perfect…everybody commits mistake and learn from them….n in so called business world…ups and down are the most…so move on with the time..n I think this time you all will not face any such problem……
    Spell much? This isn't a teenage chat room.

What a freakin' PSYCHO this guy must be! Have you READ some of those reviews? The chances that many, many unrelated people all over the country could have/would have had almost identical experiences with this guy? VERY believable if you know what freaks are out there running little online shops out of their garages and basements.

I, too, btw, have ALWAYS found it odd that hard-to-find frags are always listed on this site, only never (not so curiously) available.
    (It may not be bait-and-switch, no, but it's at least false advertising.)

Also, I find this latest post by a new member most suspicious. It was none too cleverly timed, and altogether a little too praiseworthy for a regular customer.

Another site charged my credit card twice for a bottle of Brosseau's Thé Brun a few years back. I made a major stink not only with my bank, but with the credit card company. It took almost a full month to have the second bottle taken off my VISA charges. That made me hopping mad, and I've been a huge fan of online posting areas such as this one ever since. They do a good service in helping to expose comparable criminals and psychos. Prior to the Internet, this kind of exposure would have been unimaginable.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 17th November 2007 at 02:41 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    I, too, btw, have ALWAYS found it odd that hard-to-find frags are always listed on this site, only never (not so curiously) available.
    (It may not be bait-and-switch, no, but it's at least false advertising.)
    Here's another theory for ya:

They list some discontinued bottle for $499.00, knowing that there is virtually no chance someone would pay that much for it. Then they list the bottle in their Ebay store (that specializes in discontinued frags) for $200 and people jump on it because they think they are getting a great deal. The same Google search that leads "us" to the $499 bottle also leads us to the EBay listing if you scroll down a little. The scumbag with the Online store operating out of his backyard outhouse gets another hit on his Etailer site - and of course he knows that some percentage of hits will yield sales of his high margin inventory.

An intangible: one of us happens to have a bottle of the "$499 stuff" and thinks he has 18K gold in a bottle...until he tries to sell it.

It's a world gone mad.

Have a great weekend all!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Q View Post
    Here's another theory for ya:

They list some discontinued bottle for $499.00, knowing that there is virtually no chance someone would pay that much for it. Then they list the bottle in their Ebay store (that specializes in discontinued frags) for $200 and people jump on it because they think they are getting a great deal. The same Google search that leads "us" to the $499 bottle also leads us to the EBay listing if you scroll down a little. The scumbag with the Online store operating out of his backyard outhouse gets another hit on his Etailer site - and of course he knows that some percentage of hits will yield sales of his high margin inventory.

An intangible: one of us happens to have a bottle of the "$499 stuff" and thinks he has 18K gold in a bottle...until he tries to sell it.

It's a world gone mad.

Have a great weekend all!
    Tulip mania 21st Century version. One fine Saturday morning someone refused to pay more...

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Tulip mania 21st Century version. One fine Saturday morning someone refused to pay more...
    Some of those sellers are just looking for suckers and somehow they manage to find them. They won't find one here and neither will 1stperfume.

E-mail the link to this thread to that guy.

It might enrage him some more.

Or he'll send a phantom Basenotes member to come here and praise their site, and say that you are a liar lol

Perhaps he'll threaten to come to all our towns/cities.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 18th November 2007 at 02:58 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    What a freakin' PSYCHO this guy must be! Have you READ some of those reviews? The chances that many, many unrelated people all over the country could have/would have had almost identical experiences with this guy? VERY believable if you know what freaks are out there running little online shops out of their garages and basements.
    TV, TV,
    Easy now, I'll have you know that I am one of those psychos running shops out of my garage and basement. And if I email myself and tell myself how great I am and put it on my website, that doesn't make me a bad person. Er, does it?

Say, I've got some A*men for sale if you need some. For you: $200 a bottle.

[sorry man, couldn't resist]
    Your Buddy, Dave

Last edited by pluran; 19th November 2007 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Q View Post
    I would submit that the negative experiences were just that - negative experiences. Why characterize them as "so called"? Why would a first time poster choose this particular topic to "jump in and rally to the defense" of some low class, scumbag company if he did not have an affiliation?

...no way related?......yeah, right
    **************{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{boogabazoog a boogabazooga is offline Female
    [Wardrobe]

*******************(((((((((((Hello everyone, I am glad I found this thread. I was considering making an order with PerfumeDistributor.com today, but I couldn't believe they really had all these great perfumes (Caron Farnesiana, Guerlain Derby, etc.) in stock. So I Googled them and found this thread. Thanks to Basenotes for hosting this forum. Probably saved me a lot of money, not to mention frustration. No wonder PerfumeDistributor.com has no customer reviews on its Web site. I'm sure the site would be filled with angry posts.)))))))))))
    .................................................. ...............********........................... ..............
    Hey

i think she (boogabazooga) is also a new member and she also expressed her views here..then...in this case also... you suspect her?????????...she was also surfing on net...found this thread..writed a post..the way i did...moreover ..she did not place any order nor she faced the situation as faced by others, still she wrote a post...Now i think theres something going fishy here...???????? IS SHE RELATED TO YOU...???......

I had written my real time experience with those people...mine experience was great coz everything went fine ..n thats the reason i wish to continue my fragrance shopping from them...whereas she (boogabazooga) just under the influence of your views, wroted that the site is not worth for shopping....

...forums are for discussions...n expression of views...n if i do so..that does not mean i m related to them....

**************{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{boogabazoog a boogabazooga is offline Female
    [Wardrobe]

*******************(((((((((((Hello everyone, I am glad I found this thread. I was considering making an order with PerfumeDistributor.com today, but I couldn't believe they really had all these great perfumes (Caron Farnesiana, Guerlain Derby, etc.) in stock. So I Googled them and found this thread. Thanks to Basenotes for hosting this forum. Probably saved me a lot of money, not to mention frustration. No wonder PerfumeDistributor.com has no customer reviews on its Web site. I'm sure the site would be filled with angry posts.)))))))))))
    .................................................. ...............********........................... ..............
    Hey

i think she (boogabazooga) is also a new member and she also expressed her views here..then...in this case also... you suspect her?????????...she was also surfing on net...found this thread..writed a post..the way i did...moreover ..she did not place any order nor she faced the situation as faced by others, still she wrote a post...Now i think theres something going fishy here...???????? IS SHE RELATED TO YOU...???......

I had written my real time experience with those people...mine experience was great coz everything went fine ..n thats the reason i wish to continue my fragrance shopping from them...whereas she (boogabazooga) just under the influence of your views, wroted that the site is not worth for shopping....

...forums are for discussions...n expression of views...n if i do so..that does not mean i m related to them....
    Liar, liar, pants on fire...

Go in peace.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

[Wardrobe]

Hey

I would highly recommend buying "English 101" by L'Exicon....if they actually have it in stock.

Last edited by kbe; 19th November 2007 at 06:09 PM.

Mentallo, you are a liar! LIAR! How dare you flood Basenoters with your lies.

1stperfume and perfumedistributor.com is first rate and top notch. We... I mean they... provide only the best customer service on Earth. No customer has very complained ever, in the history of our... erm... their company. EVER. Therefore it would be utterly andcompletely impossible that you could have had a negative experience with 1stperfume and perfumedistributor.com, both of which I praise and highly recommend. I will only buy from 1stperfume and perfumedistributor.com, and no one else. Shop 1stperfume and perfumedistributor.com for the best perfumes at the best prices, with the best customer service on Earth.

*somethinpositiv does not work for nor is affiliated with 1stperfume and perfumedistributor.com*

lololololololol

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Ticks me off that SOMEONE (gee, who would that be?!) is trying to post some good press about their shady little operation. I'm sure they're breaking the law ... give me a bit, I can come up with something.
    Down on the strip beneath the billboard moon
    Teenaged girls look for love in the
    Neon sex and doom
    Of your Hollywood Perfume
    - The Pretenders

Quote Originally Posted by michelle_gale View Post
    Ticks me off that SOMEONE (gee, who would that be?!) is trying to post some good press about their shady little operation. I'm sure they're breaking the law ... give me a bit, I can come up with something.
    You go girl...I'll be your Wingman. Us Chicagoans gotta stick together...

Buy from 1stperfume.com today!

*denishpark does not work for nor is affiliated with somethinpositiv*

Quote Originally Posted by denishpark View Post
    hi all

Thanks for your advice..I will surely not consider it....coz i believe in exploring things myself and i dont come under the spell of others easily..and you all are sitting here for the same by expressing your "so called" negative experiences.

Well the main thing I noticed here is that...you are not here for discussion..rather you are here to just hamper the prestige of others and provoke others to do so by your fake stories...and thats not a good thing you are indulging in...

i have even got my second order in well maintained condition from them, all this proves is that the site is good and they keep their promises, moreover it seems you never had any deal with 1stperfume or perfumedistributor people and just making these brutal comments without any reason.