Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ALWAYS shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elly patty View Post
    Thanks for your advice..I will surely not consider it....coz i believe in exploring things myself and i dont come under the spell of others easily..and you all are sitting here for the same by expressing your "so called" negative experiences.

Well the main thing I noticed here is that...you are not here for discussion..rather you are here to just hamper the prestige of others and provoke others to do so by your fake stories...and thats not a good thing you are indulging in...

i have even got my second order in well maintained condition from them, all this proves is that the site is good and they keep their promises, moreover it seems you never had any deal with 1stperfume or perfumedistributor people and just making these brutal comments without any reason.
    Liar, Liar.........................pants on fire........

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elly patty View Post
    Thanks for your advice..I will surely not consider it....coz i believe in exploring things myself and i dont come under the spell of others easily..and you all are sitting here for the same by expressing your "so called" negative experiences.

Well the main thing I noticed here is that...you are not here for discussion..rather you are here to just hamper the prestige of others and provoke others to do so by your fake stories...and thats not a good thing you are indulging in...

i have even got my second order in well maintained condition from them, all this proves is that the site is good and they keep their promises, moreover it seems you never had any deal with 1stperfume or perfumedistributor people and just making these brutal comments without any reason.
    Hmmmmm, if that was the case wouldn't we be bashing all internet sellers instead of the few sellers that have earned our distrust?

It appears you have a long way to go to repair your reputation.

For starters, I would suggest listening to your customers and taking care of their needs rather than arguing and finding fault with them - your attitude will either help or hurt your business.

For instance, I rarely deal with an eBay seller that has less than a 99.4% positive rating (that is about 199 happy customers out of every 200) - why?, because to me that is an indication that the seller has issues that may affect my serenity if I do business with them.

The only thing that you can control is how you react to this situation. If you continue to react this way you will have negative results. If you learn from this situation and treat all (as in 100%) of your customers with dignity and respect, you will have positive results. It is all up to you.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 20th November 2007 at 02:59 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

i think you guys are being a little rough. i ordered from 1st perfume, and not only did all my stuff arrive as promised, they also cure puppies and kittens of cancer.

seriously, they sound dodgy as hell. best of luck for all those who got burnt, and hi to the 1stperfume employees browing this thread. perhaps if you spent a little less time surfing basenotes and a little more packing orders no one would have anything to complain about!
    Last edited by chad278; 20th November 2007 at 12:56 PM.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

It makes no sense to accuse Basenoters of making false accusations in unison. What purpose would be achieved by this? And what could cause such a mass delusion? Something in the water, perhaps? Thought control cleverly monitored by cologne-hating Martians? A horde of Jehovah's Witnesses mysteriously turned to vampirism and dedicated to the ultimate destruction of 1stperfume.com? No, it seems far, far more plausible that a group of seasoned Basenotes members with years of buying experience and collectively excellent feedback would complain about one particular Web retailer than it does that a brand-new member no one's ever heard of would suddenly jump in and so ardently defend a retailer who obviously has a long-standing problem with his customer service and common courtesy skills.

Let's assume for the sake of argument, EP, that you are a real customer and not (per our suspicions) a none-too-thinly-veiled shill for 1stperfume.com.
    Even then, dear heart, your comments STILL don't add up.

Consumers have the right to gather and air their concerns, and to assume that they all do so out of some imagined spite, secret conspiracy and/or sheer ennui really does NOT seem very likely. In fact, it seems far more plausible to me that their complaints are real and relatively commonplace, while yours are probably out of the ordinary at best and downright fabricated at worst.

By the way, Chad, I laughed my ass off at this deliciously snarky reply of yours: "I think you guys are being a little rough. i ordered from 1st perfume, and not only did all my stuff arrive as promised -- they also cure puppies and kittens of cancer." (I NEEDED a laugh this morning!)
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 20th November 2007 at 03:10 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

See extensive list of negative experiences that have been going on for years at MUA for further reference. It's not just basenoters, it is perfume shoppers in general. And by the way, songscent would like to have a full bottle of perfume, not the empty one that was sent. She was told she had to pay to ship it back to get a refund or new one. This just happened about a month ago, you stinking shill, get lost.
    --------------------------------------
    Definition of "shill" from wikipedia, fyi:

A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services or a political group, who pretends no association to the seller/group and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage others unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services or support the political group's ideological claims. Shills are often employed by confidence artists. In the UK the term plant is used.

Shilling is illegal in many circumstances and in many jurisdictions because of the frequently fraudulent and damaging character of their actions. However, if a shill does not place uninformed parties at a risk of loss, but merely generates “buzz,” the shill's actions may be legal. For example, a person planted in an audience to laugh and applaud when appropriate (see "claque") or to participate in on-stage activities as a "random member of the audience", is a type of legal shill.

'Shill' can also be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws. In this sense, they would be an implicit 'shill' for the industry at large, as their income is tied to its prosperity.
    Last edited by beachroses; 20th November 2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beachroses View Post
    you stinking shill
    ....very nice touch...bravo!!

I have a question for you elly patty: why is it that these guys that you are not related to run multiple fragrance etail sites? And one final question, are there any other fragrance sites that you have also used that you would heartily recommend?

Beachroses, you rock!
    Down on the strip beneath the billboard moon
    Teenaged girls look for love in the
    Neon sex and doom
    Of your Hollywood Perfume
    - The Pretenders

Post Thanks / Like

They're all over the internet on consumer and stock boards, sometimes they travel in groups backing each other up. It got so bad on Yahoo Finance, people started marking their posts with one star as a clue, so others wouldn't read and say anything, because the shills were being paid per response. That could very well be the case here for all we know
    Last edited by beachroses; 22nd November 2007 at 03:13 AM.

Quo vadis, Elly Patty?

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    Quo vadis, Elly Patty?
    "Elly has left the building..."

no worries....he'll be back with a new screen name but the same attitude

I won't be a bit surprised -- nossirree Bob.

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

what 1stperfume.com should be doing is bribing trusted members of the basenotes communtiy with free perfume to make false positive comments about it's service.

hint:gaultier2, gaultier2, gaultier2
    Last edited by chad278; 22nd November 2007 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chad278 View Post
    what 1stperfume.com should be doing is bribing trusted members of the basenotes communtiy with free perfume to make false positive comments about it's service.
    hint:gaultier2, gaultier2, gaultier2
    ???

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

that was a joke...

although i still want my gaultier2 :P

Post Thanks / Like

hi denishpark u r right . i also with u denishpark
    Last edited by miyeke; 22nd November 2007 at 01:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miyeke View Post
    you stinkin' shill

Gee -- how exceedingly odd that "denishpark", "Elly Patty" and now "miyeke" all just happened to join in November 2007 and all just happened to jump in on this thread in a comparably quiet part of the board and all just happened to all have copious praise for 1stperfume.com and/or support for those who had posted such praise. Helluva lot of plausibly connected "happenings" going on around here.

Gee, what ARE the chances that we might have shills among us, folks?
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 22nd November 2007 at 03:09 PM.

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Is u with Elly Patty, too?

Well, I wasn't convinced that 1stperfume.com was the place for me to shop, but how can I not be convinced after such an eloquently worded endorsement?
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 22nd November 2007 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Questions end in question marks, not periods! D'oh!

Ya, u need 2 shop thr cuz its da bomb - uno? BRB - pos.

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    Ya, u need 2 shop thr cuz its da bomb - uno? BRB - pos.
    The irony is that their ridiculous endorsements are generating even more anti-1stperfume, petfumenetwork, perfumedistributor, et al sentiment. They are running this "pr campaign" with the same level of business acumen that they run their shoddy businesses.

Reminds of the old saying...when you find yourself at the bottom of a deep hole - stop digging.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

soon this thread will be the number two search result on google after the actual 1stperfume website... heh

Post Thanks / Like

I found "Elly Patty" aka "miyeke" aka "denishpark" shilling on the Nextag review section for 1stperfume as "denish."

http://www.nextag.com/1stperfume.com...zlzmainz17-htm

Looks like he's also going as RufflesLover...

"they carry ruffles, what a fragence. It has my nose, heart and soul. Wear it an i'm under your control."

Post Thanks / Like

the stinkin' shill

All the subtlety of a thumbtack, that one.

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Q View Post
    the stinkin' shill
    lol! Denish is also shilling for a predatory lender and a company who rents out Arabian tents for weddings.

http://www.article-content-king.com/...enish%20parker

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he is a shill-for-hire. Pay him enough rupees and he'll shill anything for ya...

For a quote call him at 1 (800) IMA-SHILL

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered my M7 from there. It arrived within the week and no problems.. sounds like I'm one of only a few
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's the hard to get stuff such as Ungaro I which they screw around with.

Charging your card $500.00 and after months of waiting they don't deliver.

They seem to have, magically all of the discontinued fragrances listed but not in stock.

a search will bring up a lot of posts by some severely frustrated folk.

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FYI: A host of negative reviews for 1stperfume.com on Epinions.com

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Online_St...ews/pp_~1#list
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

1st perfume is best for me coz he give gud services and branded perfume so enjoy with 1st perfume
    Last edited by miyeke; 23rd November 2007 at 04:53 AM.

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

~Advertisement~

1st perfume is best for me coz he give gud services and branded perfume so enjoy with 1st perfume

..Gud services--Gud prices--Gud Gawd!
    Last edited by kbe; 23rd November 2007 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like

gud greef

Post Thanks / Like

When a seller assumes that his customers are idiots, that he is intellectually superior to all of them and, therefore, it is permissable to take advantage of them - that is an all-too-common recipe for frustration and failure.

He would be far happier if he would just take care of his customers, stop blaming them for his troubles and quit trying to manipulate people.

------------------------------------------------

This is my second and final attempt to get this guy to listen to anyone other than himself. If he refuses to listen, I will join those of you just watching him self-destruct.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 23rd November 2007 at 02:08 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

you stinkin' shill..

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    Mentallo, you are a liar! LIAR! How dare you flood Basenoters with your lies.

1stperfume and perfumedistributor.com is first rate and top notch. We... I mean they... provide only the best customer service on Earth. No customer has very complained ever, in the history of our... erm... their company. EVER. Therefore it would be utterly andcompletely impossible that you could have had a negative experience with 1stperfume and perfumedistributor.com, both of which I praise and highly recommend. I will only buy from 1stperfume and perfumedistributor.com, and no one else. Shop 1stperfume and perfumedistributor.com for the best perfumes at the best prices, with the best customer service on Earth.

*somethinpositiv does not work for nor is affiliated with 1stperfume and perfumedistributor.com*

Post Thanks / Like

Denish Parker is the store manager of 1stperfume. I found an old complaint from a customer who thought his name was Denise and he also lists 1stperfume as his home website on blogs. He doesn't care what you say, TwoRoads.
    He's not too smart about covering his tracks or disguising himself, either, as many ripped off customers also observed with his phony reviews.
    Last edited by beachroses; 23rd November 2007 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How utterly embarrassing for him -- you'd think he'd at least have had the grey matter to think up a slightly more creative moniker, eh?

As for miyeke's last shill-post: "1st perfume is best for me coz he give gud services and branded perfume so enjoy with 1st perfume . . ."

Well, I can only say this for you, miyeke: HUKD AWN FAWNIKS SHER DIDUNT WERK FUR YOO.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 23rd November 2007 at 09:33 PM.

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

the stinkin' shills

Post Thanks / Like

This thread really delivers...hilarious.

1stperfume.com is registered under:
    Sethi, Manoj perfumedistributor@yahoo.com
    Manum
    1548 2nd ave
    New York, New York 10028
    United States

Coincidentally, that address is also the home of overstockperfume.com, American Perfumery, perfumenetwork.com, and perfumedistributor.com.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at this thread from MUA, he was telephone harassing one of the ladies when she canceled her order, she had to call the FBI. He also stole pictures from dragonfly off Ebay and posted them on his websites, and one poster over there is attacking everyone and calling him "darling."

http://www.makeupalley.com/m~67886290
    Last edited by beachroses; 23rd November 2007 at 11:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at this thread from MUA, he was telephone harassing one of the ladies when she canceled her order, she had to call the FBI. He also stole pictures from dragonfly off Ebay and posted them on his websites, and one poster over there is attacking everyone and calling him "darling."

http://www.makeupalley.com/m~67886290
    I've been watching...this guy is all sleaze. I always wonder if people have a vested interest when they're the only one defending...hmmmm...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    This thread really delivers...hilarious.

1stperfume.com is registered under:
    Sethi, Manoj perfumedistributor@yahoo.com
    Manum
    1548 2nd ave
    New York, New York 10028
    United States

Coincidentally, that address is also the home of overstockperfume.com, American Perfumery, perfumenetwork.com, and perfumedistributor.com.

Thanks, socalwoman listed all the info she could find over on MUA, too.

Post Thanks / Like

That gingerbread lady is a piece of work...something funny goin' on there.

Are you reading this gingerbread lady? Fair chance to defend yourself...because you're coming across as a total fool.

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmmm...this Thread and the Title could have what will seem like an eteranl showing if Basenoters just continue to bump it with new posts. And guess who is also helping keep it so by posting?
    Last edited by kbe; 23rd November 2007 at 11:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Hmmm...this Thread and the Title could have what will seem like an eteranl showing if Basenoters just continue to bump it with new posts. And guess who is also helping keep it so by posting?
    ...I didn't understand anything you just said???

Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't care what you say, TwoRoads.
    I followed the MUA thread you posted and, unfortunately, I have to agree with your assessment.

the stinkin' shills
    I am now with Mikey. I'll echo Mikey's immortal words (in my best Jimmy Durante voice): the stinkin' shills

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is coming up in fourth place on Google now if you run a search for "1stperfume" and "complaints."
    Last edited by beachroses; 24th November 2007 at 02:13 AM.

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    ...I didn't understand anything you just said???
    This thread gets bumped to the forefront of the City Shopping Guides Thread every time someone posts in it. There, the Title "NEVER Shop at 1stperfume.com" is thus prominently shown until another Thread has a post made to it. The shill is posting and so helping keep that Title in front of all who bring up the Community Forum on their screen.
    Last edited by kbe; 24th November 2007 at 01:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Lol!
    I had to look "shill" up on wikipedia...I'm so braindead sometimes. I get what was being said now! (duh)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    (in my best Jimmy Durante voice): the stinkin' shills
    Jimmy D is excellent...Peter Lorre (Lorrie?) works well, too.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Mikey Q; 24th November 2007 at 05:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

...Peter Lorre (Lorrie?) works well, too.

Cheers!
    I like the visual you gave me:

Peter Lorre talking to Sydney Greenstreet - "Believe me when I say this to you, I understand, but it's the stinkin' shills!

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I like the visual you gave me:

Peter Lorre talking to Sydney Greenstreet - "Believe me when I say this to you, I understand, but it's the stinkin' shills!

...or Alphonso Bedoya as 'Gold Hat', the Mexican bandito, fronting for 1stperfume.com, in The Fragrance of the Sierra Madre:

"Sheeeells? We ain't got no Sheeeells. We don' need no Sheeeells. I don' habv to show jou no steenking sheeeells!"
    Last edited by kbe; 24th November 2007 at 08:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

...or Alphonso Bedoya as 'Gold Hat', the Mexican bandito, fronting for 1stperfume.com, in The Fragrance of the Sierra Madre:

"Sheeeells? We ain't got no Sheeeells. We don' need no Sheeeells. I don' habv to show jou no steenking sheeeells!"
    LOL

Post Thanks / Like

....and of course we all know that's a blurring of the word "shields"???? And also that what he said was "badges"????
    Last edited by TaoLady; 26th November 2007 at 11:57 AM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Great thread. You guys might have saved me some $. I was gonna order something from 1st but now I think I'll hold off. Thank you.

PS - nice site, you guys are funny

Glad to hear it! And thanks!

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

As a new member, I am wowed at your collective knowhow and humor! I love this site.
    And so I shouldn't be surprised when Googling for info on 1stperfumes.com that I found some candid opinions from folks who had brushes with that seller. Now, somewhere along the posts, I ran across across someone's suggestion to check out perfumenetwork.com, and when I did, I thought that their prices and "about us" section seemed familiar. When I clicked back to the 1stperfumes site, it seemed that the info was identical for these two sellers. Has anyone had experience with perfumenetwork.com?
    Thanks!
    I would submit that the negative experiences were just that - negative experiences. Why characterize them as "so called"? Why would a first time poster choose this particular topic to "jump in and rally to the defense" of some low class, scumbag company if he did not have an affiliation?

...no way related?......yeah, right
    Why would the previous writer tell folks who have clearly and tangibly had outright, lowdown 100% negative experiences with that seller that their experiences were not valid?

Sounds like we have a group of people right here who have paid good money for a product and service that was NOT delivered by that seller.

And that, ma dear, is negative. No?
    Last edited by AnnaBanana; 20th December 2007 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaBanana View Post
    When I clicked back to the 1stperfumes site, it seemed that the info was identical for these two sellers. Has anyone had experience with perfumenetwork.com?
    Thanks!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=201964
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190527

Post Thanks / Like

Stay away from perfumedistributor, too! Even worse!! They were also called UltimatePerfumes, but that website has been shut down. He received an "F" rating from BBBOnline and some MUA'ers had to call the FBI on him. I have gotten to the point where I am running checks on Google for addresses and phone numbers, too, because some of these companies incorporate under several different names, when it's all the same snaky person. I just look for discount codes at highly rated websites or places I've already shopped to save $$$.

And welcome, AnnaBanana! Cute name.