Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

I see that this topic has now been brought up yet again, but this time on the "Just Starting Out" board, only this time in regard to yet another website with the same owner (i.e., overstockperfumes): http://community.basenotes.net/showt...66#post1130366

Gee -- imagine -- more problems with the same seller! I mean, hey, what ARE the chances of that?
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 8th January 2008 at 02:44 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

^Yup that was my topic. The funny thing is I recieved all of my orders. What are the chances that this stuff is spoiled or already gone bad, or even legit from the start? I am ordering from a more respectable site from now on, I'll pay the extra money for quality and assurance.

Others have also received their mdse., granted, but (like you) they had to wait and wait for it even then. As for authenticity/quality, I don't know.

In any case, this guy has such poor ratings on all his sites that one has to wonder how he's stayed in business at all.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Keeping this one 'alive'....
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I almost bought from them, but then I had to come over and see what the Basenoters had to say! Thank you for saving me!!!!!
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

You're welcome -- THIS is what we should all be doing if and when we get scammed.

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post 1st. Perfume

Vetiver Hombre, Adolfo Dominguez 120ML...499.99???? What am I missing here? Oh I forgot, it is a spray!!!! That must be it!!!!!
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Default Re: 1st. Perfume

Search the threads on that outfit - lot of negative press.

Lots of negative consumer reviews all 'round -- LOTS.
    Also, the owner (or SOMEONE connected to the company) has planted obsequious shills on this board.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 16th February 2008 at 02:51 AM.

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Re: 1st. Perfume

I was refering more to the fragrance itself than the vender.I have a two ounce bottle that I use, and like alot.Although not my favorite Vetiver a damn fine one.I was more curious about the price, and why so steep!I have two 120ML bottles sitting here that was given to me by a very wealthy realtive, who is a world traveler,and seriously doubt that he paid that kind of money for this fragrance, even being as close as we are. Is this super hard to find? I wasn't looking for it, I just ran across it on their site.

It's possible they don't even have it, dishonest vendor.

You'll notice that whenever you Google a discontinued scent your first page of hits will include either 1st Perfume, Perfume Distributor, or Perfume Network - all owned by the same guy "Manoj". I think he owns other etailers too. Many times the $499's are not in stock, but he gets you onto his sites knowing that you might browse and buy something else. I was told he also sells on EBay (I forgot the name of the store). Supposedly he lists stuff at $499 on his esites - stuff that no one else has - then sells it on Ebay for $250. The guy that buys for $250 thinks he got a good deal relative to the etailer price of $499. Personally I have bought several frags from the esites and have been satisfied except for one time. The runaround I received the one time there was a problem was enough to keep me from using them again.

Be careful Ron, be very, very careful.
    Current Favorites: #5 edt, #19 edt & parfum - Chanel, FRACAS - Robert Piguet, A Taste of Heaven - By Killian, Apres L'Ondee- Guerlain, LUX & Carnation - Mona di Orio, Une Rose - Frederick Malle, Kiki - Vero Kern, Bois de Violette & Sarrasins - Serge Lutens

Good thing I came across this post. I was just warned against them on the Coupons Board also.
    What was said in the previous posts about creating more than one storefornt and also competition on e-bay seems to be true. I noticed some of their items are very hard to find but the rest of their inventory nothing much (e.g., Helmut Lang Cuiron) and also some prices on other hard-to-find itmes are too good to be true. I almost shopped with them but felt very insecure and decided against it.
    Thanks everyone for the heads up!
    RM

My first cologne was Adidas Moves! I got it at a drugstore. Man, that's some awful stuff now that I look back upon it.

Grey Flannel
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

Akshay and jeffrey: y'all seem to have missed the point of this thread. The discussion here was/is about 1stperfume.com, not your first frag worn.

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

As to Vetiver Hombre, it is difficult to find outside of Spain and retail for a 120ml should run at roughly 50 Euros. It is by no means discontinued either.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Re: 1st. Perfume

Not to hi-jack my own Thread, but this frag. is what I would imagine being kissed by an Angel must be like.

Unhappy Re: NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

:*( OMG! NO! I Ordered Green Irish Tweed 4oz and Gendarme from this place last night! After reading the comments about their service all I have to say is... I'm screwed

thats not true...you aren't screwed. Shopping with them is a crapshoot......I just hope they send you something.....preferably what you ordered. Good luck, and if you have problems with them I have already posted the phone number, which isn't given on the site(this should have been the first red flag)....
    Last edited by Maz24; 11th May 2008 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomantic View Post
    :*( OMG! NO! I Ordered Green Irish Tweed 4oz and Gendarme from this place last night! After reading the comments about their service all I have to say is... I'm screwed
    They probably won't process the order until Monday. Send an email and cancel - then ALSO call first thing Monday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    They probably won't process the order until Monday. Send an email and cancel - then ALSO call first thing Monday morning.
    If they run true to form they won't answer the email and I don't think they list a phone # - only a fax # (I might be wrong). Consider voiding through your credit card company if that's possible.

Yeah they don't list their phone number on that site, but here it is anyways.... 732-993-4199.

Default NEVER shop at overstockperfume.com either!!!!!

I had the WORSE time with overstock perfume. First they sent me the wrong cologne, then I had to ship it back to them, and they made ME pay for the shipping costs, THEN it took a month of me e-mailing them to get my money credited back onto my account, and even after they said they would reimburse me for my shipping expense they have yet to do so, and it has been over 2 months! The phone number they list doesn't work, it states that the answering machine is full and it's best to e-mail them. Next time I oder cologne from the internet, I will call the number before i order to make sure I get a human on the other end. But I will NEVER order from overstockperfume.com again, and don't think anyone else should either!!!

Wow what an interesting thread. It's awful when you have bad experiences with a company.

I know it can be a long process when something gets damaged by the courier as they take the package back to their depot, fill out insurance forms etc etc. BUT good customer service would be a company letting you know of it's procedures & keeping you up to date every step of the way. We all know things go wrong but if you're left in the dark it's horrible.

.... plus, I've never seen so many negative experiences.. ouch!
    It's been a long hot Summer in Sydney, looking forward to Winter & wearing vanilla fragrances.

Add me to the list of 1stPerfume haters. I confess I've had some good experiences with them in the past, great prices, largely on testers, delivered fast. And as TVLampboy points out they have a lot of the hard-to-find fragrances listed... But gee, almost every time you try to buy one, all of a sudden it's "out of stock."

My 1stPerfume horror story involves a bottle of Vivienne Westwood Boudoir (which I've since discovered doesn't like me, so in some ways it's just as well). 1stPerfume had several variations on what you could get, so I paid a higher price to get the version with cap. They sent me a bottle without the cap. So I e-mailed. And e-mailed. And e-mailed. And faxed. No phone number. ARGH! I scoured the site, found return addresses and mailed the thing back. That was over a year ago Every few months I've tried e-mailing and faxing again. Still nothing. I made one more big perfume purchase through 1stPerfume since this horrible experience, but now, and especially after reading this thread, NEVER again.

The illiterate shills on Basenotes, MUA and elsewhere only prove what a shoddy operation this is. Shame!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Just wanted to post about a recent experience with this company. No, don't work for them either LOL

Ordered Burberry Touch and John Varvatos (both for men)....though nothing has shown on our bank account yet, nor have we received any communication.......both scents arrived today in good condition I may end up swiping the Touch for myself it's SO gorgeous!! Anyway, back to the topic, I was a bit afraid because of the reviews we've read about the company. I was like "oh no, what have I done!!"

So far so good though. If anything funky happens with the charges, I'll update.

Dependent

I got a chance to work on my lengthy wardrobe today and I see or coulda sworn I saw a 1stperfume.com ad go fluttering by. If this keeps up maybe supporters need to show Grant these threads or stop supporting. I love helping out but I hate helping theives to the table.
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 30th May 2008 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    I got a chance to work on my lengthy wardrobe today and I see or coulda sworn I saw a 1stperfume.com ad go fluttering by. If this keeps up maybe supporters need to show Grant these threads or stop supporting. I love helping out but I hate helping theives to the table.
    I saw it too. I hope the 1stperfume ads are stopped on this site as they are clearly crooks.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I agree wholeheartedly.

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post
    I saw it too. I hope the 1stperfume ads are stopped on this site as they are clearly crooks.
    Agreed.
    Loved reading this thread & glad we can help some people save time, $$$ & trouble.
    "Stinkin' shills"...love that line!

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Agreed.
    Loved reading this thread & glad we can help some people save time, $$$ & trouble.
    "Stinkin' shills"...love that line!
    The 1stperfume ads are probably ones that come via google -- ie ones that I dont get to approve beforehand. I will put their urls in the blocked advertisers section, which should stop them showing their ads here.

Hey first of all I want to thank you all for this thread, and secondly I wish I discovered the articulate, candid reviews from your commnuity sooner.

Glad I read this before I may have been scammed! I don't care even if the large purchase I was about to make went by perfectly, I refuse to send a single cent to this JP Cambert. I read many of his threatening responses... wow.

Lastly, could someone direct me to a thread listing trusted e-stores? I'd hate to risk buying a bottle of Dunshill Classic from ebay.
    Last edited by LostOrion; 10th July 2008 at 05:39 AM.

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

This should help: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=207117

In general, the stores listed until 1st Perfume seem to be worry free.

hey thanks dpak

Yikes!

Don't know how I missed this thread, but I just ordered three things from them last week. They seemed to ship in a timely fashion.

Am I right to think that the bad experiences all involve wrong/missing bottles and untimely shipping rather than sending fake product?

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and kicking myself for not doing due diligence in advance!

Dependent

some here have gotten burned. Badly burned. I trust reading the thread and associated offshoots will be instructive. It seems the very high priced rarities which they always have are not always delivered. Or should I say seldom? Maybe never. And it's a real rigermarole getting your money back into your account.

If I remember correctly. I try not to read bad news now as it just makes the fever higher.

I guess I feel lucky that nothing that I ordered was that unusual or expensive: Mugler Cologne, Eau Sauvage, and Terre d'Hermes.

Even if everything comes through as promised--I'll know tomorrow when the UPS package gets here--this is my last time dealing with them.

Default Two Out of Three Ain't Bad

Well the three items arrived:

Eau Sauvage and Terre Hermes seem to be entirely as promised (though the bottle of the latter, which was fully packaged including plastic around the box, has a slight scratch on the back).

The bottle of Mugler Cologne is a bit of a mess. Faded label and chrome peeling off the top (no cap, though it was supposed to have one). Frankly, I don't think it's worth fighting with these a**holes to get my money back on it. My bad for not being more careful.

I can always buy some more Mugler Cologne somewhere else!

UPDATE: Despite the ugly bottle, the juice seems fine, so I guess I survived my 1stperfume experience. Lucky me!
    Last edited by PhinClio; 7th August 2008 at 02:11 AM.

I have had only one sorry experience, that being buying a flacon of GIT from what shall remain a nameless company for now. I ordered a 8oz bottle, it arrived but was leaking badly and I lost about 40% of the juice. the stopper also broke when checked out (in front of the UPS guy, when he came to pick it up to return it to the company). The company said send it back; I did so and they shipped another and the same issue came up. (no wait, they shipped when UPS notified them as to pick up). A loss of about 20% of said juice. I kept it and spoke with the company. No adjustment was made as to cost.

So, no more ordering large stopper flacons of GIT. I have been giving this matter thought and have determined for me that I should support certain companies, namely Caron by buying direct from the botique in NY. Yes more expensive but I believe the product will be fresher and perhaps my little contributions will enable them to get a direct line so I can get through and not have to first speak with the Phyto folks (hair care?) who own Caron.
    Last edited by richard d; 26th August 2008 at 07:27 PM.

I have had more than 10 positive experiences with them. They never failed to deliver the products I ordered. The problem that you mentioned with the Flacons is very common, and happens with other stores too. I ordered Bois du Portugal and Bois de Cedrat from 1stPerfume, and the bottles were in perfect shape. The problem is with the flacons.

You should ALWAYS buy at 1stPerfume!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

The glass stoppers in the flacons can and sometimes do work loose during shipping. The shipping box is often upside down and slammed to the floor or side to side during long rides in vehicles. I blame gravity, heavy mis-handling and the weight of the stopper itself as the culprits in this case.

I bottle split an 8.4 oz bottle of a Creed with another Basenoter months ago. It arrived from the retailer in perfect condition. I decanted 1/2 for myself and re-packed the now half full original flacon and Creed box, very firmly and carefully seating and what I thought was securing the stopper in the bottle and replaced the original leather cap and string just as it had been when I received it. I placed two heavy duty rubber bands in criss-cross from the bottom of the bottle to the top of the stopper to keep a tight tension in addition to the original leather cap and string and internal box cardboard stopper holding flaps.

The bottle arrived at the sharing Basenoter's address having leaked about 20 ml from the stopper-bottle interface. When I was informed of this I was embarrassed and aghast! Other than totally taping the bottle to the stopper (something in retrospect I should have done) I don't know how I could have made the stopper more secure before I reshipped it.
    Last edited by kbe; 28th August 2008 at 12:25 PM.

I'm so glad I searched and re-checked this thread about crummy e-tailers before ordering. I remember reading about one of them being just awful, and it turns out it IS the affiliate of PerfumeDistributor.com, exactly the one listing the rare perfume I wanted (Le De by Givenchy, vintage, and the original Dunhill). It sucks because I'm kind of relegated to using eB*y but thank you all. I so love Basenotes.

Hi guys,

Here’s my story with 1stperfume.com. I usually never post on forums (this time, given the circumstances, I thought that I had a “duty” to ) so please bear with me…

1) Ordered 2 bottles of Lanvin Oxygene 75ml, 15.99$ some time last year.
    Received them without problems 2-3 days later.
    2) Ordered again 3 bottles of the same + 1 Lanvin Oxygene for men this summer.
    Again, received without problems 2-3 days later.
    3) Now, the interesting part…
    4) Last week I needed to order several perfumes for over 100$. I automatically went to 1stperfume, but while looking for sale coupons on the internet I found your site with all the awful stories about the numerous problems people have with 1stperfume. Add to this the report on bbb.org and the fact that they have several websites for the same company (always a bad sign), and I almost ordered from scentiments.com.
    Somehow my wife (and the prices ) convinced me to try 1stperfume again.
    I ordered :
    1 Lanvin Oxygene
    1 Sonya Rykiel rose
    1 L’eau de Sonya Rykiel
    1 Alexander McQueen Kingdom Women
    1 5th avenue after five by Elizabeth Arden

All this for around 110$, around 50% less than scentiments.com or other sites.

I’ve filled the order on Sunday and payed by paypal (would have never dared to give them my credit card # directly ), and luck or not, on Monday the package was with UPS and I received it on Tuesday (I live in NYC, so this helped, but regardless, on Monday they had shipped it !).

Everything was in the package, everything looks new and original!
    I don’t know how long this bottles have spend on various ships crossing the oceans or staying in tax free ports in Dubai, but my understanding is that the whole “discount” perfume business is based on this…
    I still don’t understand why and how, they are so much cheaper than the others, so I’m still afraid that the next time I open a bottle it will stink…
    However, the reality is that for now, everything smells ok, no old or rancid perfume !

So right now, after 3 orders over little more than 1 year, I have *nothing* to complain about 1stperfume.com. I admit not having had to deal with their “customer service”, which is where things get usually “ugly” (with most of the business by the way…) ! Maybe it was just luck….

That’s my story, one good half an hour of productivity lost (hope this won’t aggravate the financial crisis ), if you guys from 1stperfume.com read this I would say 2 things:
    - thank you
    - however, even after the 3rd successful order with you, I’m still uncomfortable about doing it again. That’s how negative the overall sentiment for your site is on every single forum I’ve found on the Internet !

But that’s exactly why I felt like I *had* to put here my positive experience, maybe this will encourage you to try being more serious and “client oriented” !? I’m sure this will bring more clients and more profits for you at the end of the day, compensating for the “efforts” of being nice on the phone and reimbursing clients that have problems with their orders.

Regards,
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by trandi View Post
    Hi guys,

Here’s my story with 1stperfume.com. I usually never post on forums (this time, given the circumstances, I thought that I had a “duty” to ) so please bear with me…

1) Ordered 2 bottles of Lanvin Oxygene 75ml, 15.99$ some time last year.
    Received them without problems 2-3 days later.
    2) Ordered again 3 bottles of the same + 1 Lanvin Oxygene for men this summer.
    Again, received without problems 2-3 days later.
    3) Now, the interesting part…
    4) Last week I needed to order several perfumes for over 100$. I automatically went to 1stperfume, but while looking for sale coupons on the internet I found your site with all the awful stories about the numerous problems people have with 1stperfume. Add to this the report on bbb.org and the fact that they have several websites for the same company (always a bad sign), and I almost ordered from scentiments.com.
    Somehow my wife (and the prices ) convinced me to try 1stperfume again.
    I ordered :
    1 Lanvin Oxygene
    1 Sonya Rykiel rose
    1 L’eau de Sonya Rykiel
    1 Alexander McQueen Kingdom Women
    1 5th avenue after five by Elizabeth Arden

All this for around 110$, around 50% less than scentiments.com or other sites.

I’ve filled the order on Sunday and payed by paypal (would have never dared to give them my credit card # directly ), and luck or not, on Monday the package was with UPS and I received it on Tuesday (I live in NYC, so this helped, but regardless, on Monday they had shipped it !).

Everything was in the package, everything looks new and original!
    I don’t know how long this bottles have spend on various ships crossing the oceans or staying in tax free ports in Dubai, but my understanding is that the whole “discount” perfume business is based on this…
    I still don’t understand why and how, they are so much cheaper than the others, so I’m still afraid that the next time I open a bottle it will stink…
    However, the reality is that for now, everything smells ok, no old or rancid perfume !

So right now, after 3 orders over little more than 1 year, I have *nothing* to complain about 1stperfume.com. I admit not having had to deal with their “customer service”, which is where things get usually “ugly” (with most of the business by the way…) ! Maybe it was just luck….

That’s my story, one good half an hour of productivity lost (hope this won’t aggravate the financial crisis ), if you guys from 1stperfume.com read this I would say 2 things:
    - thank you
    - however, even after the 3rd successful order with you, I’m still uncomfortable about doing it again. That’s how negative the overall sentiment for your site is on every single forum I’ve found on the Internet !

But that’s exactly why I felt like I *had* to put here my positive experience, maybe this will encourage you to try being more serious and “client oriented” !? I’m sure this will bring more clients and more profits for you at the end of the day, compensating for the “efforts” of being nice on the phone and reimbursing clients that have problems with their orders.

Regards,
    dan
    Stop bumping all these old threads- we get your point.

That was about as utterly shameless and laughably transparent a shill bump as I've seen to date. Why would any regular person out there go to such lengths to praise 1st perfume.com? And isn't it just oh, ever so convenient that "trandi" just happened to join but a few days back? This hilarious little piece of showmanship/shilling only further confirms what we've all heard and said time and again: AVOID AVOID AVOID 1stPERFUME (AND ALL THE OWNER'S OTHER SALES SITES) LIKE THE PLAGUE.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 5th November 2008 at 10:10 PM.

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

trandi, your post sounds sincere and balanced to me. If you are a shill, your technique is a bit too subtle - my position toward 1stPerfume.com is unchanged. Maybe you've fooled me but I don't believe you're a shill.

Scentmonkey.com is reliable, has a price match guarantee, and their cust. service is highly reputable from what i've experienced and heard (read). (Oh crap....I think I'm a shill now.)

Unhappy Re: NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

Unfortunately I placed an order of $95 just a few minutes back and then thought of checking the reviews for 1st perfume... Seems like I made a big mistake, saw this thread and lost my peace of mind...

I used a temporary card number created using Bank of America's ShopSafe feature so I closed the card as soon as I saw this thread... I do see a pending transaction of $95 dollars against my account but am hoping that it doesn't go through...

Should have checked for the reviews first... Google listed 1st perfume as the first site when i searched for online perfume stores... The prices looked real cheap but didn't know that I was about to get screwed... Lesson learnt...
    Last edited by bichuks; 6th November 2008 at 04:49 AM.

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

Scentmonkey.com is reliable, has a price match guarantee, and their cust. service is highly reputable from what i've experienced and heard (read).
    In my experience, their customer service is horrible and their default mode is that everything is the customer's problem or fault (apparently it was my nose that was off and not the juice). I know I'm not the only one who has experienced this, and I'll never do business with them again, but it seems like most don't have a problem when ordering from them.
    Marge: Do you want your son to become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court or a sleazy male stripper?
    Homer: Can't he be both, like the late Earl Warren?

Quote Originally Posted by dpak View Post
    In my experience, their customer service is horrible and their default mode is that everything is the customer's problem or fault (apparently it was my nose that was off and not the juice). I know I'm not the only one who has experienced this, and I'll never do business with them again, but it seems like most don't have a problem when ordering from them.
    Your right, most don't have a problem ORDERING from them. It's the RECEIVING part that most people have a problem with. Either they don't RECEIVE anything, or when they do, it is usually DAMAGED, and/or OLD. Sometimes they even send the WRONG FRAGRANCE or a SMALLER SIZE THAN THE ONE PAID FOR. They will even send BROKEN BOTTLES with PARTS MISSING, SUCH AS THE CAP. BE AWARE!
    Last edited by Maz24; 6th November 2008 at 10:40 PM.

Was it !?
    Have you read the whole message ??? I've said several times that I still trust them, but that it feels "unjust" not to post my experience given the current context....

As for me joining this community, I've started my message with the reason: I NEVER usually post on forums, I subscribed to basenotes right before posting my message and ONLY because I felt I "had" to post it...

As I've replied to SirSlarty too, I fully understand you guys being pissed off with unscrupulous businesses, but hey don't become paranoid and let other people tell their stories...

dan

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    That was about as utterly shameless and laughably transparent a shill bump as I've seen to date. Why would any regular person out there go to such lengths to praise 1st perfume.com? And isn't it just oh, ever so convenient that "trandi" just happened to join but a few days back? This hilarious little piece of showmanship/shilling only further confirms what we've all heard and said time and again: AVOID AVOID AVOID 1stPERFUME (AND ALL THE OWNER'S OTHER SALES SITES) LIKE THE PLAGUE.

ok thanks I'll have a look at scentmonkey.com.

And thanks to "believing" in me !
    May the "gurus" of this forum let my humble person know what one needs to do in order to show he or she is a genuine customer... ?

dan

P.S. guys haven't you even noticed that all the shills from 1stperfume had exactly the same writing style in their messages ? (I guess there's 1 single guy behind this whole business, you can even find his name on bbb.org) Do you think they went to such lengths
    as to hire a different person just to post messages on basenotes ??

P.S.2 it's strange the effort I spend in seemingly defending (do I need to repeat!? : " I do not defend them, I just ask people to respect other's opinions/experiences") an otherwise unreliable business, just because if feels so unfair to have all this people distrust you !

trandi, your post sounds sincere and balanced to me. If you are a shill, your technique is a bit too subtle - my position toward 1stPerfume.com is unchanged. Maybe you've fooled me but I don't believe you're a shill.

Scentmonkey.com is reliable, has a price match guarantee, and their cust. service is highly reputable from what i've experienced and heard (read). (Oh crap....I think I'm a shill now.)

I have made 3 orders from 1stperfume.com and have nothing compliments about this company everything came packaged nice and all scents were originals with no broken sprayers thats all I care about. The original poster should have just waited until they recieved his package back istead of whining about another bottle being shipped 1st. I mean really what did you need it so fast for? anyways I will still buy from them and I'm sure plenty of others will to they are the cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by SexPanther View Post
    I have made 3 orders from 1stperfume.com and have nothing compliments about this company everything came packaged nice and all scents were originals with no broken sprayers thats all I care about. The original poster should have just waited until they recieved his package back istead of whining about another bottle being shipped 1st. I mean really what did you need it so fast for? anyways I will still buy from them and I'm sure plenty of others will to they are the cheapest.
    I don't think anyone is suggesting that 1stperfume.com ::always:: causes a problem for their customers. It is likely that there are others, like you SexPanther, who had a few good experiences with them. But since there are so many discount sites with no problems ever reported here, it seem safer to order from them instead.

MadScientist makes an excellent point: http://www.scentmonkey.com/ will match any price, including 1stperfume's. Wouldn't you rather get the same price from scentedmonkey, a site with a great reputation, than take another chance with 1stperfume? You may not be so lucky the next time.

It could be my imagination, but I seem to perceive some agitation in your post. Here, and elsewhere on the internet, I've read complaints that noted similar agitation from the owners of 1stperfume when they attempted to resolve problems with them.

Please bear in mind that the vast majority of comlaints here are made by members who have been participating in the basenotes community for a long time, and their contributions are not limited to opinions about where to buy fragrances. On the other hand, most of the people who post here in defense of 1stperfume, like you, post only to defend it and rarely, if at all, on other subjects.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 21st November 2008 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I don't think anyone is suggesting that 1stperfume.com ::always:: causes a problem for their customers. It is likely that there are others, like you SexPanther, who had a few good experiences with them. But since there are so many discount sites with no problems ever reported here, it seem safer to order from them instead.

MadScientist makes an excellent point: http://www.scentmonkey.com/ will match any price, including 1stperfume's. Wouldn't you rather get the same price from scentedmonkey, a site with a great reputation, than take another chance with 1stperfume? You may not be so lucky the next time.

It could be my imagination, but I seem to perceive some agitation in your post. Here, and elsewhere on the internet, I've read complaints that noted similar agitation from the owners of 1stperfume when they attempted to resolve problems with them.

Please bear in mind that the vast majority of comlaints here are made by members who have been participating in the basenotes community for a long time, and their contributions are not limited to opinions about where to buy fragrances. On the other hand, most of the people who post here in defense of 1stperfume, like you, post only to defend it and rarely, if at all, on other subjects.
    Hear Hear!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

There are far too many lady-like and gentlemanly responses to what after all are blatant shills for one of the web's most notoriously and flagrantly shoddy sites. So, you'll excuse me if I am not the perfect gentleman.

What I love about these shills is first of all they all seem to go to great trouble to sign up, even if it was in May 2008, just to post how great the service is at 1stperfume.com and then never post again. You know, that just sooooo convincing, I am going to go right out and place a big order with 1stperfume.com for a bunch of their over-priced bottles, most of which aren't in stock, and most of which are old stock or defective if testimony found all over the web is to be trusted. I will be dedicating a special post, maybe even an entire thread in the near future from various sites all over the web where people have posted reviews about just how shady and dishonest and unhelpful this excuse for a business really is. Another thread I am considering, if these shills keep posting, is a bottle by bottle comparison with prices from other e-retailers and eBay stores to see just how "cheap" 1stperfume.com really is.

Another thing I love about these 1stperfume.com shills is that they tend to be uniformly incapable of punctuation; they can't spell, and they certainly don't sound very intelligent. They certainly don't think we're at all intelligent. Notice the parting "they are the cheapest." It's the money hungry rapacity of these shills and the people they represent at 1stperfume.com that gives them away. This shill just can resist a parting plug for good old 1stperfume.com. Gee, I wonder if you are affiliated with 1stperfume.com Mr. Shill? Nooooo, that couldn't possible be the case because genuine people sign up to defend 1stperfume.com with their first post all the time, genuine people who are motivated by the cruel injustices of the world and who have have absolutely no affiliation with 1stperfume.com. You all know 1stperfume.com? "they are the cheapest." The only thing cheap about 1stperfume.com is their lousy service and their disregard for their customers once they've taken their money.

You will notice that I have repeated 1stperfume.com as many times as possible. Why? Because I want everyone who Googles "1stperfume.com" to be directed to this thread.

What these shills don't realize is that every time they post to this thread, they resurrect the thread for countless new Basenoters to see (162 posts, 13, 441 views at last count). Furthermore, they ensure that every time a Google search is done to research 1stperfume.com by prospective new buyers, that this thread will end up at the top of the Google search list. Try a Google search for 1stperfume.com, and you'll see what I mean.
    Stupid shills.
    scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 21st November 2008 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post
    There are far too many lady-like and gentlemanly responses to what after all are blatant shills for one of the web's most notoriously and flagrantly shoddy sites. So, you'll excuse me if I am not the perfect gentleman.

What I love about these shills is first of all they all seem to go to great trouble to sign up, even if it was in May 2008, just to post how great the service is at 1stperfume.com and then never post again. You know, that just sooooo convincing, I am going to go right out and place a big order with 1stperfume.com for a bunch of their over priced bottles most of which aren't in stock and most of which are old stock or defective, if testimony found all over the web is to be trusted. I will be dedicating a special post, maybe even an entire thread in the near future from various sites all over the web where people have posted reviews about just how shady and dishonest and unhelpful this excuse for a business really is. Another thread I am considering, if these shills keep posting, is a bottle by bottle comparison with prices from other e-retailers and eBay stores to see just how really "cheap" 1stperfume.com really is.

Another thing, what I love about these 1stperfume.com shills is that they tend to be uniformly incapable of punctuation; they can't spell, and they certainly don't sound very intelligent. They certainly don't think we're at all intelligent. Notice the parting "they are the cheapest." It's the money hungry rapacity of these shills and the people they represent at 1stperfume.com that gives them away. This shill just can resist a parting plug for good old 1stperfume.com. Gee, I wonder if you are affiliated with 1stperfume.com Mr. Shill? Nooooo, that couldn't possible be the case because genuine people sign up to defend 1stperfume.com with their first post all the time, genuine people who are motivated by the cruel injustices of the world and who have have absolutely no affiliation with 1stperfume.com. You all know 1stperfume.com? "they are the cheapest." The only thing cheap about 1stperfume.com is their lousy service and their disregard for their customers once they've taken their money.

You will notice that I have repeated 1stperfume.com as many times as possible. Why? Because I want everyone who Googles "1stperfume.com" to be directed to this thread.

What these shills don't realize is that every time they post to this thread, they resurrect the thread for countless new Basenoters to see (162 posts, 13, 441 views at last count). Furthermore, they ensure that every time a Google search is done to research 1stperfume.com by prospective new buyers, that this thread will end up at the top of the Google search list. Try a Google search for 1stperfume.com, and you'll see what I mean.
    Stupid shills.
    scentemental
    Finally, thank you Scentemental. Agreed, 100%, it kinda annoyed me a little bit when these blatant shills post on this thread and everyone is so kind and accepting to them when it is glaringly obvious that they have no affilitaion with Basenotes, have never posted in any other thread, (ever), and come on here to write long paragraphs to defend some phantom company that they ordered from. Come one, who the hell has that kind of loyalty to a company, they order from them and they feel compelled to post long arguments on BN defending the honor of 1stperfume? No one does that, it is not rational. Come on, seriously wake up.

"Oh, it is ok Mr. Shill I believe you, don't be afraid..." Turns towards shill, pats him on the head and hugs him... "It'll be ok sweetheart." Come on, stop this kinda stuff. LOL

According to the literature on the internet; 1stperfume is a disqusting site run by criminals.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 21st November 2008 at 07:13 PM.

Just an addendum to my previous post. My advice is to never buy any hard-to-find fragrance from 1stperfume.com. You can always, and I mean always, in every instance, find the same product on eBay considerably cheaper. Their inflated prices for hard-to-find and even moderately hard-to-find fragrances are simply ridiculous.

Last edited by scentemental; 21st November 2008 at 08:56 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I have made 3 orders from 1stperfume.com and have nothing (but) compliments about this company(.) (E)verything came packaged nice(ly) and all scents were originals with no broken sprayers(,) that(')s all I care about. The original poster should have just waited until they (he) recieved (received) his package back i(n)stead of whining about another bottle being shipped 1st. I mean really what (why) did you need it so fast for (delete 'for')? (A)nyways I will still buy from them and I'm sure plenty of others will to(o) (,)they are the cheapest.
    *Above is the punctuation and spelling/capital corrected version for those who find it difficult to read shill-English. Bold and underline added by me. Syntax, meaning and truthfulness is left up to the reader.
    Last edited by kbe; 21st November 2008 at 08:37 PM.