Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    *Above is the punctuation and spelling/capital corrected version for those who find it difficult to read shill-English. Bold and underline added by me. Syntax, meaning and truthfulness is left up to the reader.
    Good point KBE, from the reviews I read re: 1stperfume, the people who run it have poor English skills.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 21st November 2008 at 08:40 PM.

As scentemental notes above, we've been talking about 1stperfume.com for years! I remember posting a warning a LONG time ago. Anyway, the short answer for this place is that you are ALWAYS taking a risk with them. Simple as that. I ordered from them a few times; the first few times were okay, the last time (almost two years ago) was an absurd disaster.

Why do people keep ordering from them? Well, two reasons that I can see (or, these were the reasons I bought from them)... sometimes they are the only place that appears to have something and SOMETIMES their prices are cheap. The first time I ordered I was looking for Knize Ten and they had a bottle for less than $30. That was a steal and it came quickly and easily. This happened again, IIRC (it's been a while!) on some Helmut lang stuff.

BUT, then I got greedy (haha) and decided to order from them again on some Costume National and a few others. DISASTER. Not only were the bottles incorrect in the shipment, they shorted me a few bottles, mischarged me, and then were slow as molasses refunding, contacting me, etc. and when they did contact me, it was really like they had no idea how to speak English or read it (I told them "I'm missing two bottles," they replied, "Please ship the bottles back to us for refund.")

So, because they still appear to have hard-to-find bottles, sometimes very cheaply, we'll still have threads with angry buyers.

SHORT STORY: If you want a guarantee of ANYTHING (from customer service to the actual bottles), NEVER buy from them. If you want to take a chance on a bottle that seems "too good to be true," you might consider it worth the risk.

Fresh, authentic Knize Ten for less than $30? It's LONG since gone on that site, but it was worth the risk. The second time, though was NOT.

So, I don't buy from them anymore, wouldn't recommend it ever for anybody else, and just shrug my shoulders and whisper "I told you so" when people complain about the bad service even after being warned.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 22nd November 2008 at 01:31 AM.

I bought H.M. EDP from them and it looks and smells legit. Maybe I'm a lucky one.

I used distributor.com

Quote Originally Posted by i4nim4ted View Post
    I bought H.M. EDP from them and it looks and smells legit. Maybe I'm a lucky one.

I used distributor.com

I am going to offer a few words of friendly advice. You would do well to read all the posts in this thread carefully if you don't want to be suspected of being a shill with a post like this, especially since it's only your third post. Furthermore, you might want to seriously think what purpose such a post as this serves. No one ever said that every transaction with 1stperfume.com or its sister sites was going to turn out to be a nightmare, so your post makes little sense in the context of why this thread has survived for so long and why it is revived regularly. One reason that explains such survival and revival,
    among others, is the appalling disregard by 1stperfume.com for customers when things do go wrong. It's quite clear from the fact that this site is only site that has its own special "complaints" thread here on Basenotes that things do go wrong with great regularity.

If you want to do 1stperfume.com (and its sister sites) a favor, don't bump this thread with your "success" story. The fact that you did means more and more people get to read this thread when they Google information about 1stperfume.com.

If you don't want be taken for a shill, don't post like one.

scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 29th November 2008 at 03:46 AM.

Well said as always Scentemental.

But anyways, yes this thread is now the third result from google (fourth being a different site criticizing 1stperfume.com and their sister sites,) when I first encountered this thread half a year ago it was the fifth, keep it up everyone.

I think I have bought from them once and I got the two items I ordered in a relatively timely manner (12 days, maybe?) and they were two relatively easy-to-find testers. I was happy enough, but I won't be ordering with them due to their bad conduct in business- that's what this forum is about- warning and helping each other before it happens to us.

Thanks,
    J

Quote Originally Posted by SexPanther View Post
    I have made 3 orders from 1stperfume.com and have nothing compliments about this company everything came packaged nice and all scents were originals with no broken sprayers thats all I care about. The original poster should have just waited until they recieved his package back istead of whining about another bottle being shipped 1st. I mean really what did you need it so fast for? anyways I will still buy from them and I'm sure plenty of others will to they are the cheapest.
    I believe you. I will go order from them immediately.

I believe that 1stperfume has now linked to several different storefronts, but they are all run by the same person. Does anyone have a link to a comprehensive list of those storefronts? I want to make sure to copy a list and post above my desktop to remind myself not to use those sites! Thanks!

Well according to their site their address is:
    1548 2ND AVE
    1ST FLOOR
    NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10028

Which is also known as American Perfumery (Google Maps pic)

Also on the Google Map listing it said "Also at the Address" Overstockperfume

http://www.overstockperfume.com/ and click on About Us you'll see they have the same address except on the SECOND floor

This is such a shady operation. Why have so many fronts if only to hide something?

Haha damn I found more:
    According to this, Perfume Distributor was at the same address but now is elsewhere. (They even misspelled the address!) The address points to a residence.
    Last edited by SirSlarty; 23rd December 2008 at 09:20 PM.

More junk from the first post here:

perfumenetwork.com
    perfumenetwork.com
    perfumedistributor.com
    overstockperfume.com
    perfumeloop.com

Wink Re: NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!!

THANKS for all of your research into this shady character! I really appreciate it. Should this be a sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    1548 2ND AVE
    1ST FLOOR
    NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10028

http://www.overstockperfume.com/ and click on About Us you'll see they have the same address except on the SECOND floor

This is such a shady operation. Why have so many fronts if only to hide something?

Haha damn I found more:
    According to this, Perfume Distributor was at the same address but now is elsewhere. (They even misspelled the address!) The address points to a residence.

What's the worst that can happen if I try to order something from them? I am totally expecting to not receive anything or to get very old perfume, leaky bottle, etc. But can it be worse than just loosing what you pay? What I want from them is very inexpensive so it does not matter if they only charge me that price and don't send the perfume.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darkdreams View Post
    What's the worst that can happen if I try to order something from them? I am totally expecting to not receive anything or to get very old perfume, leaky bottle, etc. But can it be worse than just loosing what you pay? What I want from them is very inexpensive so it does not matter if they only charge me that price and don't send the perfume.
    You're kidding....right? With other legitimate sites offering more or less the same prices on the same items, and assuming you have read this thread, why would you do risk your money no matter how small an amount? And, you are in effect supporting their dubious practices
    Last edited by kbe; 30th December 2008 at 05:56 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

well, yes you are right. i should not buy anything from them because it would mean supporting them.
    the reason why it sounds tempting is that they have a tiny bottle of pure perfume that i have never smelled before but i am curious about. it is available on other sites but in much larger bottles and i am not sure i would like it.
    ok, i won't get it. i needed someone to say it.

I wholeheartedly agree! They sent me a half empty can of Angel Hair Mist. I paid $14.95 shipping costs and have nothing. I will never shop there again.

Default Just ordered from overstockperfume.com.....

..Do I have anything to worry about? It was a $20 purchase so I don't have TOOO much to worry about. Has anyone here had a good experience? bad experience?? Let me know

Default Re: Just ordered from overstockperfume.com.....

It's been discussed at length here: http://www.community.basenotes.net/s...d.php?t=185700

I hope all goes well with your order.

That thread notwithstanding, I've ordered multiple times from them and I've never had a problem. They have zero customer service - zero - but I've always received my order.

Thank you . I was a bit of a skeptic because their prices are VERY low! I'm just hoping it's not old stock that I receive.

My EdT came on time. Everything in tact and on time!

Default Is "1st Perfume" online vendor reputable?

Hi Everyone:

I just ordered a bottle of Joy edp from 1st Perfume which hasn't arrived yet, and then a fragrance friend told me they are not a good vendor and often have knockoffs or fakes. I've never ordered from them before. Anyone have a good or bad experience with them? And what did you order?

Thanks!

BTW - Let me know what is your SOTD. Mine is PdN Rose Pivione.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is "1st Perfume" online vendor reputable?

How long ago? It could take 2 wks if it comes parcel post. Perfume is really supposed to come that way (by ground truck) but sometimes it flies anyway.

Some people have had issues with 1st Perfume. You can use the Search feature to check stuff out on here. Also there is a separate SOTD every day. Have fun!
    Last edited by kumquat; 13th July 2009 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnS View Post
    Hi Everyone:

I just ordered a bottle of Joy edp from 1st Perfume which hasn't arrived yet, and then a fragrance friend told me they are not a good vendor and often have knockoffs or fakes. I've never ordered from them before. Anyone have a good or bad experience with them? And what did you order?

Thanks!

I found 1st Perfume to be "so-so". A few months ago, I ordered three bottles of Creed fragrances from them. Two of them were fine, but one of them, Epicea, had a broken atomizer and wasn't full (it was a tester). It was also wrapped in a torn piece of cardboard bound by Scotch tape. On the plus side, I called them up and they did respond to my complaints, albeit it took longer than I wanted. I returned the bottle, and they gave me a good one. I did respect the fact that they responded to my complaints properly.

I just bought bottles of Giorgio for Men and Givenchy Gentleman from them this morning, so I do have some confidence in them. I will say, however, that although their prices are probably the lowest I've seen, it's pretty clear (from my own purchases) that they're cheaper because they're selling you older stock that's been sitting around for a long time. On the other hand, old or new, the perfumes I've bought have smelled great and there seems to be nothing wrong with them. No signs that I can tell that they were improperly stored.

Overall, I'd give them a shot.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Kumquat - thanks for your comments. I do know about SOTD that's posted. I just thought it would be fun specific to those responding to my Q. No problems. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I found 1st Perfume to be "so-so". A few months ago, I ordered three bottles of Creed fragrances from them. Two of them were fine, but one of them, Epicea, had a broken atomizer and wasn't full (it was a tester). It was also wrapped in a torn piece of cardboard bound by Scotch tape. On the plus side, I called them up and they did respond to my complaints, albeit it took longer than I wanted. I returned the bottle, and they gave me a good one. I did respect the fact that they responded to my complaints properly.

I just bought bottles of Giorgio for Men and Givenchy Gentleman from them this morning, so I do have some confidence in them. I will say, however, that although their prices are probably the lowest I've seen, it's pretty clear (from my own purchases) that they're cheaper because they're selling you older stock that's been sitting around for a long time. On the other hand, old or new, the perfumes I've bought have smelled great and there seems to be nothing wrong with them. No signs that I can tell that they were improperly stored.

Overall, I'd give them a shot.
    Shamu1- thanks for your comments. I confess that their selection of different Joy products and low prices did lead me to think it was older stock, which I kind of wanted as I was hoping to smell a pre-reformulation version of Joy, though not necessarily vintage. I realize I was taking a risk on how it might have aged, but I wasn't really thinking about fake when I ordered it. I'll just keep my fingers crossed. I was particularly interested in the goofy brown bottle some Joy comes in. I didn't pay too much so I suppose it is worth the risk. Thanks again!

Blog Entries

Kumquat - thanks for your comments. I do know about SOTD that's posted. I just thought it would be fun specific to those responding to my Q. No problems. ;-)
    Right, didn't mean to be so bossy. My SOTD, BTW is a test of Lubin Idole.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Right, didn't mean to be so bossy. My SOTD, BTW is a test of Lubin Idole.
    Thanks! I'll look that one up. I always like to do research on a fragrance that I am unfamiliar with. Sounds interesting!

I've ordered from them once, a year ago and did not have any issues with the order, or the perfume itself -- all were genuine. One of the boxes had stickers in Japanese on it, so I suspect it may have been a grey market bottle -- not intended for sale in the US.
    Last edited by kess; 13th July 2009 at 06:48 PM.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Quote Originally Posted by kess View Post
    I've ordered from them once, a year ago and did not have any issues with the order, or the perfume itself -- all were genuine. One of the boxes had stickers in Japanese on it, so I suspect it may have been a grey market bottle -- not intended for sale in the US.
    Kess: Thanks for the tip!

Hi Everyone:

Thanks!

Even the most cursory of glances down the list of threads in this forum would have ensured that you would have seen the following thread, which makes it quite clear that 1stperfume.com is a highly disreputable online vendor.

NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!! thread

scentemental

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post
    Even the most cursory of glances down the list of threads in this forum would have ensured that you would have seen the following thread, which makes it quite clear that 1stperfume.com is a highly disreputable online vendor.

NEVER shop at 1stperfume.com !!! thread

scentemental
    Thank you for the tip, scentemental. I don't visit the basenotes community forum that often, so I suppose I didn't think to search for a similar question from an earlier time. I will go back and read this now. Thanks again --AnnS.

No problem. Glad to be of help in such a case.

scentemental

Some more unsatisfied customers:

See the thread Is "1st Perfume" online vendor reputable?

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 17th July 2009 at 10:23 PM.

Just a little follow up: the eau de Joy edp came OK, and smells perfect. Phew. I suppose I dodged a bullet, and will be cautious from now on. I suppose it does pay off sometimes to take a risk, though after reading the big thread mentioned above, I was pretty anxious about the whole thing. Thanks everyone, etc. AnnS

Glad I typed "Perfume Network Reviews" in Google. Peace of mind for sure! Thanks, Basenoters.

you have no need to worry, I have already used their services. item they sent to me is so nice and has low price. It is not of old stock. I heard that overstockperfume generally used new stock, they ordered for new stock if current stock is going to be empty. They never used old stock.

Bump. Why? Because this thread deserve a place of prominence on Basenotes and in Google searches.

Also, I pledge to bump this thread every time one of their shills posts here on Basenotes.

scentemental

In case there is someone who is not aware: most major credit cards will gladly credit back your account for a sale that goes bad for whatever reason. There are some cards that even credit your account for sales if the merchandise is lost in delivery.

The credit card companies do this because on net it increases the reliability of their service and increases the trust of their customers who will then more readily use their credit cards. Also, they just take the money from the vendor's account, so there is not a loss to the credit card company.

Check the fine print, or call your credit card customer service if you have been ripped off or if your merchandise was not delivered as expected.

I don't know enough about paypal to comment on that, but if you use a credit card through paypal it should be the same policy on the part of your credit card company.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vonMises View Post
    In case there is someone who is not aware: most major credit cards will gladly credit back your account for a sale that goes bad for whatever reason. .
    Do not bet the farm on that.

I paid for a properly researched program to work on my system and supposedly compatible electronic download of a computer program via my VISA card. The program was a mess. Damn near destroyed my ability to operate my computer and never worked properly either. I asked VISA to void the sale as it was totally unuseable and I had to pay a pro to rid my computer of the persistant remnants of the damn thing. They refused. I ate the $90.00 for the program and $50.00 to remove the remnants and fix the problems it created.
    Last edited by kbe; 1st October 2009 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Do not bet the farm on that.

I paid for a properly researched to work on my system and supposedly compatible electronic download of a computer program via my VISA card. The program was a mess. Damn near destroyed my ability to operate my computer and never worked properly either. I asked VISA to void the sale as it was totally unuseable and I had to pay a pro to rid my computer of the persistant remnants of the damn thing. They refused. I ate the $90.00 for the program and $50.00 to remove the remnants and fix the problems it created.
    Yeah. Software is a special category of merchandise. It is also difficult to return software to a brick and mortar store.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    1548 2ND AVE
    1ST FLOOR
    NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10028

Haha damn I found more:
    LOL slam. ya dude... its probably a fly by night operation. watered down solution. i wouldn't be surprised if people have bought 100 mL of water in a fancy bottle

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Keeping The Thread That Doesn't Deserve To Die alive.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

hi 'kbe'
    i think u did not read post of 'MassMenace' he got every thing fit and fine. and I've never had a problem with overstockperfume.com

I don't think anyone is saying that these websites are always problematic, just sometimes so it's better to play it safe and shop at another website or at a brick and mortar store.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

..running red lights doesn't always end in an accident but is it worth the risk?

I think perfumenetwork.com is also from the same bastards. I ordered once from 1stperfume, and got my package like 3 weeks late, never replied my e-mail; I just assumed my money was gone, and then all of a sudden my package arrived. With perfumenetwork.com I had the same experience, they only have an e-mail for contacting them, and I've ordered stuff that say that it is in stock, but they don't have it. My advice to everyone is to stick to good retailers like scentiments, beautyencounter, amazon (sometimes), etc.

Now it all makes sense. That horrible experience that I had with Perfume Network occurred because it's one of the clones run by the same sleazebag operator as 1st Perfume! After sending multiple (unanswered) e-mails to Perfume Network complaining about a missing item and leaky bottle in the one order that I ever placed with them, I finally tried to post a review/feedback on their website. Miraculously, I was taken to 1st Perfume and my review disappeared. I think it's good to keep this thread going as long as this operation continues to cheat its customers. Everyone needs to be warned. Thank goodness my purchases were low-stakes and I'm out less than $25. I would not want others who may be tempted to spend more to have the same experience I did, or worse.

I ordered perfume from Perfume Empo.rium. It took them six business days (eight calendar days) for them to get back to me and then only issue a refund as "Transaction cancelled by vendor." I was waiting for delivery! No personal explanation as to why. Not happy at all, as this was for a gift.

Shipping should take, AT THE MOST, two days after an order, and I should have been told if the item was out of stock. The item should not have been posted if not in stock in the first place. Count me dissatisfied. They lost a customer and potential purchases.
    Last edited by Primrose; 13th March 2010 at 07:22 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I find it incredibly frustrating that many of the online perfume discounters (even the supposedly reputable ones) will list things that are out of stock. Some websites list more "out of stock" items than in-stock ones. I will not buy from these sites.

The worst practice is to list items as being in stock, but when you try to order them you are taken to a window that says "out of stock". Once this happens, the vendor is permanently off of my list of places to buy.

Some places are slow to ship, but after an order or two I know what to expect in terms of shipping speed. I find this easier to deal with than the bait and switch tactics that so many places engage in.

Default Our New Site. What do you guys think of this perfume site?

Hi guys,

Here's our current site: www.perfumeheadquarter.com

Here's a snapshot of our redesign website: http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sel..._homepage1.jpg

However we are in the process of redesigning the site itself. I've attach a snapshot of our new redesign. What do you guys think? Any suggestion on changes? Do you think our current site is better then our new site?

Thanks,
    Chris

Default Re: Our New Site. What do you guys think of this perfume site?

Anything that has a title that makes sense, as opposed to perfumeheadquarter, would be an improvement. (Headquarter is a verb, not a noun, and one that is used only infrequently.)

Flemishpainter is right about "headquarter", so that's a good reason to change the name, even if there is no other. As for the site design, both of them look pretty much like all the other supermarket perfume websites.
    Blog: www.perfumenw.blogspot.com
    Website: Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes http://orchidscents.com.

I second Doc Elly's comment, there's nothing particularly special about either. (I prefer the style of the new one over the old, but it's still rather "boilerplate" perfume website.) If you decide to stick with PerfumeHeadquarter, at least change it to "Headquarters" or HQ as I think you're trying to imply a wide selection and authority. If d'dara is the name... it doesn't make sense to me or "say" perfume. (just me maybe.) Hope that helps...
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!