Code of Conduct

Default Anybody tried John Bull?

I was just browsing the German site called English Scent and came across a men's fragrance called John Bull Pot-Pourri Eau de Toilette made by the John Bull Perfumery. I have never even heard of this before. I have tried Googling to no avail and there is no listing in the Basenotes Directory.

Has anybody tried this fragrance or know anything about John Bull Perfumery?

Default Re: Anybody tried John Bull?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    I was just browsing the German site called English Scent and came across a men's fragrance called John Bull Pot-Pourri Eau de Toilette made by the John Bull Perfumery. I have never even heard of this before. I have tried Googling to no avail and there is no listing in the Basenotes Directory.

Has anybody tried this fragrance or know anything about John Bull Perfumery?
    I have.

It is a remake of the Shelley Marks (a perfumer who used to have the teeniest shop on Madison Avenue in the 60s/70/80s) original Pot Pourri Flower Water but it lacks the depth, complexity and overall impact. Most notably lacks the powdery quality which had great effect. Shelley prided himself in using only the finest natural essences from all over the world and it feels like this imitation (which is really what it is) has been watered down with chemical substitutes. It's not horrible but it is nowhere near the original. You can get it at Cambridge Chemists in New York City.