Code of Conduct

Default Sweet incense frags?

This is one of those scent regions i've never delved into, and I know they have to exist. I feel like I've found a lot of scents in both the sweet and incense categories that I rather like, but not one that really sticks out. Maybe a mixture of both is what I never knew I wanted. Suggestions please?

Note: I do not like M7 at ALL. I'm after something more like Dior Addict or the original womens' Prada. But for men of course.

Default Re: Sweet incense frags?

I think ST Dupont Signature fits the bill. It is a warm oriental with a prominent incense note. It is getting harder to find though...
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

nearfantastica

If you want a sweet incense.. try Bois D'Argent by Christian Dior.. it's basically a buttery, honey coated take on incense.... very smooth, very non offensive, and by many basenoters standards.. "brilliant"... I owned it and was not really a huge fan, but maybe it would be more to your tastes... maybe you can locate a decant or a bottle somewhere..

hope this helps..

a.

Kenzo Jungle
    Passage d' Enfer by L'Artisan
    Tea for Two by L'Artisan

CDG Insense series is great. Especially Kyoto and Avginon. Here is another vote for Passage D'Enfer. Its absolutely great.
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review

divine l'homme sage for a slighly sweet fruity but lovely incense finish

Try Gucci Envy !
    -

Body Kouros might be for you. I didn't like it, but it seems to be popular around here.

Quote Originally Posted by fenton_t_fox
    divine l'homme sage for a slighly sweet fruity but lovely incense finish
    And a top frag in every way -- totally unique!

Worth mentioning that it is very spicy, as well as fruity/incensy. The fruit is rather different from your standard citrus in that lychee takes centre stage in the topnotes. There is also saffron.... Scenteur7 (Perfume Critic Marlen) has done a brilliant review of this somewhere, but I can't find it right now unfortunately.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

I second Gucci Envy and Avignon (although Avignon isn't really sweet... it's just straight incense).

Body Kouros is a good contender, but I don't get much incense out of it- certainly not as much as Kouros. But it is a good scent, and I'd buy it again.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

I actually have a sample of Tea for Two that I like a lot, but I don't know if I'd pay for a whole bottle of anything at that price. I think I have an Envy sample, maybe I ought to break that, because I totally forgot about it. I sniffed Body Kouros on my wrist long ago and don't remember much about it except that I thought it was pretty darm good. I'm definitely going back to that one.

I'm interested in that Dior...Bois D'Argent. Where can I find it? Tell me more! Thanks for everything so far!