Code of Conduct

Default Kenneth Cole Reaction... Impressions...

Well, I wonder why some fragrances are made... This one for example: It has a very weak staying power, no sillage (I can't detect it , if it exists) and a very common(non original) smell.
    It's not bad, but the smell is so familiar I could tell you a hundred names of scents similar and better...
    The top notes are nice if you like melon, but vanish in minutes. The middle and base notes are too subtle and stay very close to the skin, but the smell isn't daring. Lightly, very lightly fruity with a nice apple note, but prepare yourself to bury your nose in your wrist, if you wanna smell anything. It's another fragrance for those who aren't used to wear fragrances or teenagers starting in the fragrance world.
    Even the fresh fragrances admirers will be disappointed with this scent, It's so generic that hurts. And the bottle looks cheap too. Acqua di Giņ seems to be the ultimate work of art compared to KC Reaction...
    But It's a great scent to recommend: no one can complain about what can hardly be smelt
    Another frustrating experience.

What do you think of it?
    Last edited by RCavs; 17th August 2006 at 01:50 PM.

Default Re: Kenneth Cole Reaction... Impressions...

Not a stong endorsement. I was thinking of trying this frag for a summer scent, but I need a frag with some serious staying power.

If you want staying power, forget about it, Kraken! I recommend you Halston Unbound.

Hey RCavs
    I agree 100%. This scent seems to represent all that is wrong with designer perfumery these days. Weak, watered down, a strong unpleasant "plastic" note, and just not a shred of originality. Completely botched.
    IMHO the Kenneth Cole brand has really taken a downturn in quality lately. I'm not a big follower of fashion, but I shop a bit and their clothes seem increasingly shoddy.

-Slim

I agree totally with you RCAVS. It's a 'weak sister' for sure.

Dabn
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    What do you think of it?
    I'm thinking, why you waste your time on this synthetic mess? Not your style for sure RCavs!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickins
    IMHO the Kenneth Cole brand has really taken a downturn in quality lately. I'm not a big follower of fashion, but I shop a bit and their clothes seem increasingly shoddy.
    Oh unquestionably. Kenneth Cole is no good at everything.

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    I'm thinking, why you waste your time on this synthetic mess? Not your style for sure RCavs!
    LOL!!! Sometimes It's nice to hear something we already know but is being hidden from ourselves by ourselves...
    I think I've been trying to be "normal"!!! HAHAHAHAHA
    I've reached the end of "the fresh scents" road... They're not for me.
    That's why I've just ordered a bottle of M7.

Blog Entries

*Clears throat*

This is one of my favorite frags & I'm not ashamed to admit it. This is also one of my highest complimented frags. I wore it to a bar once & got compliments from the bartender, a stranger, & two friends.

On a separate occasion, I was @ a "before party" (drinking a bit before we hit the town). Everyone was about ready to go, so I went to the bathroom to refresh my deo & spritz on some more Reaction. When I walked back out to the living room several people wanted to spray some on for themselves, but I told them to get their own, lol. Our first stop was to a local dive to visit a friend who was having a going away party because she was about to move. She gave me a hug & bombarded me w/ questions about what I was wearing, who made it, & where exactly she could get some. Of course being her party, several others were trying to talk to her & finally she exclaimed "Everyone just leave me alone for a sec, we're talking cologne!"

And on another occasion, I was out & a guy friend hugged me, then kinda nudged me away & had a weird look in his eyes. He asked me what I was wearing (OMG WHAT ARE YOU WEARING IT'S AWESOME) & when I tried to tell him, he couldn't hear because the music was really loud, so I texted the name to his phone .

I could go on. I've never had a negative "reaction" when wearing this. I guess one person's trash really is one person's treasure.
    Last edited by CologneJunkie; 17th August 2006 at 06:24 PM.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Where are my samples of this?
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    *Clears throat*

This is one of my favorite frags & I'm not ashamed to admit it. This is also one of my highest complimented frags. I wore it to a bar once & got compliments from the bartender, a stranger, & two friends.

On a separate occasion, I was @ a "before party" (drinking a bit before we hit the town). Everyone was about ready to go, so I went to the bathroom to refresh my deo & spritz on some more Reaction. When I walked back out to the living room several people wanted to spray some on for themselves, but I told them to get their own, lol. Our first stop was to a local dive to visit a friend who was having a going away party because she was about to move. She gave me a hug & bombarded me w/ questions about what I was wearing, who made it, & where exactly she could get some. Of course being her party, several others were trying to talk to her & finally she exclaimed "Everyone just leave me alone for a sec, we're talking cologne!"

And on another occasion, I was out & a guy friend hugged me, then kinda nudged me away & had a weird look in his eyes. He asked me what I was wearing (OMG WHAT ARE YOU WEARING IT'S AWESOME) & when I tried to tell him, he couldn't hear because the music was really loud, so I texted the name to his phone .

I could go on. I've never had a negative "reaction" when wearing this. I guess one person's trash really is one person's treasure.
    Yes, Cologne Junkie, Your last sentence defines it all... maybe I'm acostummed to intoxicating scents or maybe my nose isn't as sensitive as yours, but I really would like to be able to smell it after 15 minutes. It's a nice common smell (of course, there are hundreds that smell common and are better), just can't detect it as I do with the others. I'll try double dousing to see what happens...
    But I still wonder why would someone buy this fragrance when you already have in the market, similar fragrances as Acqua di Giņ, Halston Unbound, Tommy, Polo Blue etc. Is It lack of creativity or more from the same?

Talking about the "reaction", I don't think I'll ever have a bad reaction when wearing this one: almost nobody will be able to detect it anyway (and today I overapplied it: 4 on the neck - 2 on each arm - 1 on the chest)...

Blog Entries

Yes, Cologne Junkie, Your last sentence defines it all... maybe I'm acostummed to intoxicating scents or maybe my nose isn't as sensitive as yours, but I really would like to be able to smell it after 15 minutes. It's a nice common smell (of course, there are hundreds that smell common and are better), just can't detect it as I do with the others. I'll try double dousing to see what happens...
    But I still wonder why would someone buy this fragrance when you already have in the market, similar fragrances as Acqua di Giņ, Halston Unbound, Tommy, Polo Blue etc. Is It lack of creativity or more from the same?

Talking about the "reaction", I don't think I'll ever have a bad reaction when wearing this one: almost nobody will be able to detect it anyway (and today I overapplied it: 4 on the neck - 2 on each arm - 1 on the chest)...

Oh I like intoxicating scents too...but I hoard those away for cooler weather. And I like scents like Polo Blue & Tommy, but THOSE seem to disappear on me quicker than Reaction. Maybe it's just the difference in skin chemistry...I can smell Reaction on myself throughout a good part of the day, & it's apparent that others can smell it on me, too.

*Clears throat*

I have had similar reactions from people, but I continue to not wear it because I just don't like it. It is a winner with the ladies, though.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

LOL!!! Sometimes It's nice to hear something we already know but is being hidden from ourselves by ourselves...
    You gotta put your selves together, RCavs! The nose knows! Would Brazil be 5 times world champion if they had switched to playing the Italian defensive libero style after winning their first trophy?

I think I've been trying to be "normal"!!! HAHAHAHAHA
    Normalcy is highly overrated! Ronaldo was normal at the world cup this year. Where's the magic? Where's the fluidity? Where's the inspiration?

That's why I've just ordered a bottle of M7.
    Ah! Its good to have you back!!! Time for some Jazz! The YSL kind!

LOL!!! Great replies, Milamber!
    And they're nothing but the truth!! Winning or loosing, we, Brazilians, know we'll never play the defensive style... We wanna attack, we wanna score!! LOL! Back to the classics, here I go again!

this scent does please others, but you will have to carry it on hand and respray 3 times in a day

I notice some are saying that KC Reaction isnt very original. While I agree that the lasting power here leaves something to be desired, I havent really come across too many scents like Reaction.

All I get out of the Top Notes are Green Apple, nothing else really. Can someone point me in the direction of some other scents that are similar to it (Green Apple). I love Green Apple as a note, it would be nice to find something that lasts more than 45 mins/ 1 hour.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Words
    I notice some are saying that KC Reaction isnt very original. While I agree that the lasting power here leaves something to be desired, I havent really come across too many scents like Reaction.

All I get out of the Top Notes are Green Apple, nothing else really. Can someone point me in the direction of some other scents that are similar to it (Green Apple). I love Green Apple as a note, it would be nice to find something that lasts more than 45 mins/ 1 hour.
    try the first hour of Boss Bottled

No, it's not the best cologne out there. Of course you can find better. But I wouldn't say that there isn't a place for it on the market or question why it was even created. Personally this started my curiosity with men's fragrances. It was that approachable, easy to wear cologne that got lots of complements. When I read here that it was a poors man's version of Millesime Imperial I had to find out what the heck a "Creed" was; and so on...
    Last edited by Ace_Rockolla; 18th August 2006 at 05:28 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_Rockolla
    No, it's not the best cologne out there. Of course you can find better. But I wouldn't say that there isn't a place for it on the market or question why it was even created. Personally this started my curiosity with men's fragrances. It was that approachable, easy to wear cologne that got lots of complements. When I read here that it was a poors man's version of Millesime Imperial I had to find out what the heck a "Creed" is; and so on...
    Hear hear!!!

Hear hear!!!
    You feel me!?

Blog Entries

You feel me!?
    I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Words
    DKNY Be Delicious Men of course!

No, it's not the best cologne out there. Of course you can find better. But I wouldn't say that there isn't a place for it on the market or question why it was even created. Personally this started my curiosity with men's fragrances. It was that approachable, easy to wear cologne that got lots of complements. When I read here that it was a poors man's version of Millesime Imperial I had to find out what the heck a "Creed" was; and so on...
    I'm happy that KC Reaction started your interest in fragrances, Ace!
    As i said, It's good for the ones starting the fragrance world! You'll see with time there are a lot of better fresh scents, or maybe not!

P.S: But I'm still thinking why should someone create something so common, non original and poor lasting... And I'm intrigued how can some girls love this stuff...

Blog Entries

I'm happy that KC Reaction started your interest in fragrances, Ace!
    As i said, It's good for the ones starting the fragrance world! You'll see with time there are a lot of better fresh scents, or maybe not!

P.S: But I'm still thinking why should someone create something so common, non original and poor lasting... And I'm intrigued how can some girls love this stuff...
    You generalize too much . I've been wearing frags for over 10 years & I STILL really like this one. Are there better frags out there than Reaction? Of course. I've found many, and yet Reaction is still one of my most worn frags. You're making it sound like ANYONE who would like Reaction are people who don't know any better. And I just don't think that's true.

I mean...I personally don't understand why people like Kouros. It doesn't even smell like a cologne that should be purposely worn. But I don't go around telling everyone who loves the stuff to get their noses checked, that THEY obviously don't know what a good cologne smells like. If they like it, they must like it for a reason, and I don't question that.

Well, I can't help it, I'm intrigued because It's IMHO a "bad quality - non original - poor lasting" fragrance even when compared to other fresh/aquatic/watery scents, but I'm not judging anyone, simply because I'm wearing it today and I got a 100ml bottle that I intend to spray until the last drop!
    My girlfriend, for example, has a good nose and always knows when I'm wearing a new fragrance. This time she didn't say a word... Well, i'm gonna wear in occasions we're not suposed to be wearing anything. Maybe this way, It works out.
    I'm sorry if I generalized, but It's just my humble opinion!

Blog Entries

Well, I can't help it, I'm intrigued because It's IMHO a "bad quality - non original - poor lasting" fragrance even when compared to other fresh/aquatic/watery scents, but I'm not judging anyone, simply because I'm wearing it today and I got a 100ml bottle that I intend to spray until the last drop!
    My girlfriend, for example, has a good nose and always knows when I'm wearing a new fragrance. This time she didn't say a word... Well, i'm gonna wear in occasions we're not suposed to be wearing anything. Maybe this way, It works out.
    I'm sorry if I generalized, but It's just my humble opinion!
    Well hey...if you decide you just can't take this one anymore...you know where to find me . And who knows...maybe you'll wake up one day & end up loving this one, like I've done w/ many a frag.

I tried Kenneth Cole Black...very very unimpressed.It smells like a 100 other frags.Not sure how different the Reaction is.
    Lasted a long time on me though...poor sillage though

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saflyfish
    I tried Kenneth Cole Black...very very unimpressed.It smells like a 100 other frags.Not sure how different the Reaction is.
    Lasted a long time on me though...poor sillage though
    I know a LOT of guys around here that wear Black. I think THIS one is very unoriginal & boring. I actually like the women's version of Black more, & that rarely happens. I think Reaction is WORLDS better than Black.

I've been keeping up with this post and can't hold back any longer. I have received compliment after compliment from wearing Kenneth Cole Reaction......the fragrance is very intoxicating and all the ladies I work with love it. My girlfriend absolutely loves it when I wear KC Reaction and when she comes over it is one of the two bottles she reaches for....the other being Silver Mountain Water. Could the lasting power have been improved.......yes.........could the topnotes have lasted a little longer.........yes.............is it "bad quality"............no. Few fragrances get the "second bottle" award from me but this scent will when I run out of it.

Kenneth Cole's Reaction is in a word - Crap! I used to think its a nice fresh smelling scent. I still like the topnotes but it drysdown to a synthetic cheap smell. I received a sample of Signature - I got the same distaste with it as well. KC's scents are all low grade stuff - its seems that KC has a housenote of its own, it all drysdown to a cheap bodyspray smell.

CJ is right, your reaction to Reaction is subjective - some people might appreciate it but I definately will stay away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by eau_de_amour
    Kenneth Cole's Reaction is in a word - Crap!
    KC's scents are all low grade stuff.
    "You can't say that again", pal!

I have had a 100 ml bottle and have about 70% left. the after shave 100 ml is about 90% full.

I like the smell, but I never reach for it, because I know it won't last me through the day.

I decided the only time i wear this scent is if I know I will be over a friends/family house (i usually like to wear things more unique/strong when i will be with people who i haven't seen in a while or strangers), inside (so people can actually smell it), and will only be there for a couple hours.

A real laid back scent.

in my last job,. i remember that every moment that a friend wear KC reaction, what i hear is compliments, compliments and compliments from girls, really,. and what is weird, longevity on he was awesome,. more than 6- 7 hrs and we could detect it ..... maybe i should buy it,. i found it very cheap and give it a chance.... haahah

and what about Reaction Thermal ??

I guess I'm the only one: this lasts all day on me, a good 12 hours plus. More than 3 sprays and it is just too strong. It is an okay, smooth scent, indeed a nicer relative to bodysprays. Fruity, spicy, subdued. Melon bubblegum. A fragrance for pubescent girls, yet amusingly marketed to adult men.

I don't get compliments from the ladies on it or anything else. Heh.