Code of Conduct

Default An important lesson!

Two days ago I bought a bottle of 'Joy' EdP. I'd read so much about this famous fragrance I felt I had to try it. At the time I was very disappointed - I found to soapy and fecal with a whole load of jasmine and not a lot else. I described it as being like a desert wine without enough acidity - stifling and cloying. I have given it a thumbs down in the review section (waiting to be posted). I even suggested I thought I could make it better with a green note, and intended to use it in blending.....

I have to admit that I was wrong! Today in my clinic I saw an elderly Indian lady who smelt fantastic. Sweet, slightly spicy, very feminine. I don't normally ask people what perfume they are wearing as they usually think I'm some sort of weirdo.....but on this occasion I did. You guessed it! JOY!!

The moral of the story is that you can't judge a perfume until its on your skin, and just because it doesn't smell good on one person, doesn't mean it won't on another.

Tail between my legs, Eyedoc

Default Re: An important lesson!

Well of course! You always have to test it on your own skin because you have a different chemistry of oils that is unique to yourself. Always test on the skin for the true smell.

I've also found it interesting that what I tried to scrub off in the men's room last year suddenly becomes a must have item when tried on by accident a few days ago.....

i really never trust those paper strips although i still get 'em as bookmarks.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Thumbs up Re: An important lesson!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyedoc
    The moral of the story is that you can't judge a perfume until its on your skin, and just because it doesn't smell good on one person, doesn't mean it won't on another.
    Amen to that.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

So, I'm not the only one! Everything, including books, must smell!