Code of Conduct

Angry F*uck me!! I just broke my first bottle

I am sooo mad at me at this very moment. I could almost kill myself.

I just manage to break down one of my dearest treasures; Givenchy Pi Eau de Parfum bottle. It simply grushed down to the floor and lost all the juice to the last drop! I want to punch myself right now! I`m such a fucker!!

In that same situation I managed to fall down and broke my full Cherqui decant. It went all empty too.

I`m furious, I want to bang my head into the wall!!

Anyone happens to know where I could get a new bottle of Pi EdP???

Default Re: F*uck me!! I just broke my first bottle

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer

I just manage to break down one of my dearest treasures; Givenchy Pi Eau de Parfum bottle. It simply grushed down to the floor and lost all the juice to the last drop! I want to punch myself right now! I`m such a fucker!!

In that same situation I managed to fall down and broke my full Cherqui decant. It went all empty too.

this happened to me with noir epices... it SUCKS lol... but you'll move on

This is really awful. And strangely enough recently someone posted a thread where they dropped and smashed an entire bottle of Noir Epices [EDIT: sorry czesc, crossed post] so you are not alone in this nightmare. I would dread such an occurance (imagines for a moment with horrified fascination the possibility of Terre D'Hermès smashing )

Personally I would mourn the Chergui more than the Pi. But both losses are tragic.

I'm truly sorry to hear it.
    Last edited by GenuineImitationLife; 17th August 2006 at 08:21 PM.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Blog Entries

Where did you get your bottle of Pi EdP?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I haven't broken a bottle yet, but I can feel the pain. In the meantime I reach for my bottles when there's a big, fat carpet underneath ....
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I have not broken one but that must suck. It must stink where it fell. Even though Pi is a lovely scent, there must be so much just consuming the air.

I feel for you...

The only possibly consolation that can be gained from such a tragic episode is that at least the home will smell lovely for some time after. I would recommend that if a spillage occurs, just spread it around as much as poss.

I really feel for those who have lost full, or half-full bottles. And I can well imagine the hurtful, tear-inducing feelings that could result. And the awful withdrawal symptoms, if a replacement bottle is not available within reasonable time.

Full respect.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

I cant believe what Im reading...
    Last year, a Pi edp bottled fell down from my shelf and broke....it was new...and I lost everything....

Are PI edp bottles doomed?????Is there a spell that has been put on Pi edp??? maybe by....you know...some jealous competitor?¿¿¿???

Unhappy Re: F*uck me!! I just broke my first bottle

sorry, post duplication...

Does someone need a hug?

I feel for you man. I just hope I never break any of my bottles.

Thrax

Dude that really sucks. I dropped my bottle of Monk once and it shattered. I loved Monk as well. Also, the other day I got a bottle of Zino Davidoff in a swap. Needless to say it got broke about 10 minutes after I got it. I got to smell it one time. I have cracked a bottle of Pi before but I turned it upside down and absolutley covered it in glue. So now my bottle of Pi is coated in glue really sorry for your loss man. Chergui is my #1 of all time. I would be crying.

Never had that problem. I feel for you. Just the thought of it...

perhaps the bottles should be made out of plastic or stainless steel ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    perhaps the bottles should be made out of plastic or stainless steel ?
    Aluminum is supposed to be best for storing frags, in terms of preservation. Not breakable either.

So sorry. I've done it too and with a hard to get fragrance. With you.

Maybe that's why B*Men comes in a rubber flask for all the butterfingers!

My little sister got a new kitten about 2 months ago, roughly 2 weeks after we brought it home I walked into my room and saw the cat gearing up to jump from my window onto my cologne shelf, I've never ran as fast as getting across my room to catch that cat. I could have lost everything, well except for samples and a couple of bottles, emporio would have survived, ck crave would have, givenchy ph if it landed the right way.
    Can anyone remember love? It's like trying to summon up the smell of roses in a cellar. You might see a rose, but never the perfume.
    -Arthur Miller

Thanks for the sympathy.

I just woke up, and really can`t still believe it happend: That Cherqui decant is easy to get again, so that is not such big problem. But, at this moment I don`t have an idea where I could get the new bottle of Pi EdP. It`s rare, and it`s freaking beautiful juice. It`s quite much different to EdT, since it is more dense and rich, and it even lasts way much longer. (=forever)

I bought my bottle from the local store, but they don`t have it anymore. I`m quite sure the EdP is actually discontinued.

If anyone in the Europe has a bottle of this, I`d be glad to buy one for myself.

In these kind of situations you seem to realize how much frags actually do mean to you - at considering my shittypissing level, this actually will hurt me awhile.

Anyway, I`ll promise to smile againg -in couple of days at the latest.

Before that, I`ll probably try to hang myself after I have slashed my wrist and shot me in the head. Eh.

I`ve been such a f*ucking butterfingers through out out my entire life.

Serpent

PerfumeBay has a one ounce and ships internationally...

It's here.

I'm sure other stores have it, too.

is this Pi EDP really that good? ur making me want to buy it.. dammit i have no money! lol

Blog Entries

Sorry for your loss Pigeonmurderer. ::sends a big virtual hug::

Have you tried Five Star Fragrance Company Royal Secret for Men? It is richer and more complex then Givenchy Pi but very similar in it's gourmand vanilla woods expression. I love this! It is rare but more readily available then the Pi EDP. It may be worth a try.

Good luck in your search for a replacement bottle.

HTH
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

The Pi Eau de Parfum is indeed discontinued, so bye bye...i only walked on my Alexander Mc Queen roll-on, but the 100ml bottle is ok! the house smelled very nice for a few days but i broke probably hundreds of bottles at work (i work in a sephora)
    La Science des Rêves

First of all, I`m still very depressed what happened: I loved that juice so much and it seems that it`s quite hard for me to get the new bottle. (Perfumebay I just can`t reach...at least not without help)

Anyway,the reason I broght this thread up was my amusing wonderment for those 3 stars someone did give to this one! LOLLERS!
    Now, I don`t think this thread did need any stars, but why 3 stars exactly..? Beats me to laughter!

PM,
    Sorry to hear about that, man, that sucks! I must have partial empathy going on because I just broke a small glass container of an ayurvedic oil I use to clear out the nose when pollen is in the air. Lots of glass shards, and quite a smell in my house. Admittedly, not nearly as traumatic as your breakage.

I usually have my frags on my nice wood dresser, so when they fall down, they make noise but don't break. My Live Jazz falls down frequently, it's so tall and narrow. Other bottle designs I've seen seem to be built to fall down.

It would cancel the esthetic look of the bottles, but maybe somebody could make a soft ring you could put around an unstable bottle that would be like a shock absorber.