Code of Conduct

Default creeds all the same price vs. amouage not the same price

Just something i noticed last night, all the creeds are the same price (retail) no matter what the ingredients are vs. amouage who change their prices depending on the price of the ingredients... interesting to note that creeds bestsellers (at least in the mens category) have a bias of being relatively inexpensive to produce vs. the others. my theory is they price the most expensive one to make a profit, then slap that price on the rest of the bottles and make even more profit off those. not exactly a new approach but smart nonetheless...

Default Re: creeds all the same price vs. amouage not the same price

Quote Originally Posted by czesc
    Just something i noticed last night, all the creeds are the same price (retail) no matter what the ingredients are vs. amouage who change their prices depending on the price of the ingredients... interesting to note that creeds bestsellers (at least in the mens category) have a bias of being relatively inexpensive to produce vs. the others. my theory is they price the most expensive one to make a profit, then slap that price on the rest of the bottles and make even more profit off those. not exactly a new approach but smart nonetheless...
    All Creeds aren't the same price. I used to sell them...their prices also vary according to ingredients.

The millesime Creeds (such as BdP) are more expensive than the Eaux de toilette ones (Such as Vetiver (1948)).

And don't forget the "private collection" ones are far more expensive still, and usually only available in huge sizes.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by GenuineImitationLife
    The millesime Creeds (such as BdP) are more expensive than the Eaux de toilette ones (Such as Vetiver (1948)).

And don't forget the "private collection" ones are far more expensive still, and usually only available in huge sizes.
    sorry, yes i should have made this more clear, but within each of those lines they are the same price (not sure about private line) at least they are here in canada at Holt Renfrew, which is the only place ive ever inquired about the prices, in a physical retail setting