Code of Conduct

Default The hand soap at Outback Steakhouse...

For months now, every time I wash my hands there, after my family has dinner, I've been totally groovin' on the smell of the soap. I finally figured out that it smells like Calvin by Calvin Kline. My wife says it's the lavender.

After a fitness magazine fashion editor said that Calvin was his personal scent, and that it was discontinued, I had to get it.

Got it off ebay for $24 and I'm wearing it today. I was on the money! It smells great and I'm totally satisfied with it. It relaxes me and smells very clean and masculine.

On a side note, I had sold my M7 Fresh to somone on the swap board for $20. I had bought it for $19.99 at Marshall's. I regreted that, so I went back for a replacement. They had it sealed on the clearance shelf for $11!!! The large 3.3 OZ Spray!! I bought that for me and Polo Blue (for women) for my wife ($19.99).

Default Re: The hand soap at Outback Steakhouse...

There was a hotel shampoo I got somewhere -- can't remember where -- and I think it was made by Wella. It smelled like orange and vanilla. Loved the stuff and haven't been able to find it since.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

Serpent

Many household products - soaps, shampoos, etc. - are scented with knockoffs of popular perfumes. Many hairsprays were commonly scented with something to recall L'Air du Temps, for example. And in the 1980s, many commercial air fresheners replicated the scent of Poison. To find a scent that copies a popular fragrance is not at all unheard of, though Calvin is a bit esoteric.

Huh, an outback is opening up in my town. I will have to go there and test out it . If it smells good I am gonna buy it.

I got my hair cut Wednesday, and they put some goo in it to keep it in shape. It was by MOP (Modern Organic Products), but I don't know what it's called.
    Anyway, call off the search for the most sea-salty oceanic fragrance, 'cos this stuff has it *nailed*.

(Completely ruined my Chergui experience of the day, mind, since all I could smell all day was my salty hair.)

Blog Entries

There's a hair styling product that my hairdresser uses on me that smells just like CK one.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW
    On a side note, I had sold my M7 Fresh to somone on the swap board for $20. I had bought it for $19.99 at Marshall's. I regreted that, so I went back for a replacement. They had it sealed on the clearance shelf for $11!!! The large 3.3 OZ Spray!! I bought that for me and Polo Blue (for women) for my wife ($19.99).
    Not to drag out my undying gratitude or anything, but thanks again for that Chuck. I'm very happy you managed to replace it at such a great price.

Aaah ... Calvin by Calvin Klein I always associated the scent with after the shower steamy freshness, thanks man

(one of my previous gf-s said it reminded her of a dental office cleanliness - well not in a bad way anyway)
    Last edited by perfectscent; 18th August 2006 at 11:01 PM.