Code of Conduct

Angry Phat Farm Atman now @ Macy's...

... and it sucks. It sorta reminds me of some really stinky cheap scent that I can't put my finger on.

Yeah, I know that the profits go to charity... but it's a bad scent. I was standing next to the Clarins (Azzaro/Everlast/Mugler) rep, and she and I agreed that "if the juice is so bad, why bother?"

My bet: it will fade out into oblivion like their last attempt. Remember Phat Farm Premium? Of course you don't.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Thrax

Default Re: Phat Farm Atman now @ Macy's...

I liked Premium...

The name alone makes me want to go the opposite direction. Anyway, thanks for your insights.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

No one else here has sniffed this atrocious concoction? Must be why I haven't heard much about it since I broke the news of it being available at Macy's.

For reference purposes, here's the notes:
    Top notes: bergamot and fresh aquatics
    Middle notes: caraway, lavender, sage
    Base notes: sandalwood, musk, suede
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Sounds so bad I really expect to love it.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Heh. I tried it and almost bought a bottle! While I don't remember it as being spectacular, it smelled good on me. Most aquatics turn sour the instant they touch my skin.
    Last edited by duojet; 31st August 2006 at 09:47 PM.

I got a sample of it when I was out on my last round of browsing. It's not horrible, but it's not particularly good and doesn't really stand out as being unique.

My favorite part is that it mentions, "Kimora Lee & Russell Simmons are donating 100% of their personal proceeds from any Phat Farm Atman fragrance purchase to charity." Sounds like a good deal, but come on, just how much do you think Russell and Kimora actually make per bottle? And how many bottles do they actually expect to sell? And what charity?

Oh well, it's all good if they make good on their promise.

They'll make a fair penny I think. First organization to benefit is one that works to get medicine to children in Africa who are living with AIDS/HIV. News is here http://www.allhiphop.com/Hiphopnews/?ID=5804

I can respect this juice and concept a whole lot more than that travesty Moselbudchristhindao or whatever order those twee ijits at Elternhaus called their frag...which purports to be about "unity" or "peace" or some other abstract concept - but that is just so much overpriced coattail riding bilge-water with no cash action on their behalf manifesting itself toward working for any of those concepts.
    We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give - W. Churchill

It reminded me of some sort of a cheeper knock-off of Drakkar Noir. I didn't like it but got a sample just in case I would change my mind. I doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by breeze11
    It reminded me of some sort of a cheeper knock-off of Drakkar Noir.
    Ditto. Does the world need the same juice in a different bottle?