Code of Conduct

Default Pan by Anya's Garden

I have had the great pleasure of being able to test this remarkable perfume created by our dear Anya. It is remarkable because to my knowledge, it is the first perfume to use tinctured goat's hair as one of the notes. This scent is ideal for men because of it's rustic and country feel to it, but I'm sure that it would smell fabulous on a woman too. The scent is perfect from the first dab right to the drydown. It transported me to a secluded woodland with wildlife scampering about.

Anya's inpiration was the Pan from Tom Robbins' Jitterbug Perfume, but to me it is the Pan of Leo Vinci's Pan, Great God of Nature.

The notes are goat hair, cedar, Seville lavender, hay, patchouli, beeswax,musk seed, white lotus. Remember all of these ingredients are perfectly natural.

The Old Shepherd
    Daphnis, I that piped so rarely,
    I that guarded well the fold,
    'Tis my trembling hand that fails me;
    I am weary, I am old.
    Here my well-worn crook I offer
    unto Pan the shepherd's friend;
    Know ye, I am old and weary;
    of my toil I make an end!
    Yet I still can pipe it rarely,
    still my voice is clear and strong;
    Very tremulous in body,
    nothing tremulous in song.
    Only let no envious goatherd
    tell the wolves upon the hill
    That my ancient strength is wasted,
    lest they do me grievous ill.

Macedonius: 6th century A.D.

http://anyasgarden.com/perfumes.htm

Default Re: Pan by Anya's Garden

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry

The notes are goat hair, cedar, Seville lavender, hay, patchouli, beeswax,musk seed, white lotus. Remember all of these ingredients are perfectly natural......
    http://anyasgarden.com/perfumes.htm
    Goat hair? (I'm hoping this is some kind of plant, like the "deer tongue" that worried me in one of Divine's scents for a while, until I found out it was a plant).

Apart from that one scary bit, it sounds very nice, especially the hay and beeswax bit.

Great quotation by the way and a lovely post! Makes me interested to find out more about her fragrances.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by GenuineImitationLife
    Goat hair? (I'm hoping this is some kind of plant, like the "deer tongue" that worried me in one of Divine's scents for a while, until I found out it was a plant).

Apart from that one scary bit, it sounds very nice, especially the hay and beeswax bit.

Great quotation by the way and a lovely post! Makes me interested to find out more about her fragrances.
    Thank you!

To answer your question about the goat hair. No, it's not a plant, it's actual hair from a goat that has been tinctured. There was no harm caused to the goat whatsoever, the hair was trimmed off. The tincture is much more friendlier to the nose than the actual hair..haha!

I ordered a bottle of White Smoke and received a sample of Pan. Pan is simply awesome. I'm going to order a bottle.

I wasn't expecting to be so thrilled with Pan. I never heard of it, so I just gave it a dabbing on one wrist just because. Instantly my wife and both said in unision, let's get a bottle.
    Last edited by thebeck; 14th March 2012 at 03:32 PM.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I ordered a bottle of White Smoke and received a sample of Pan. Pan is simply awesome. I'm going to order a bottle.

I wasn't expecting to be so thrilled with Pan. I never heard of it, so I just gave it a dabbing on one wrist just because. Instantly my wife and both said in unision, let's get a bottle.
    thanks for your input beck. which ingredients are prominent in the blend to your nose?