Code of Conduct

Default Comme des Garcons 2 Man.....on a woman

Hi guys,

It's my first post but I've been a fan of Basenotes for a while. Obviously, my question is concerning CdG 2 Man.

I have been struggling between this men's fragrance and CdG 2 (unisex) for a week or so. I wanted to like 2 better but it just wasn't working on my skin. Man smells, well, VERY manly but I'm really liking it. Other women who smelled it told me it was too much, too manly, too smokey.

But I went against the grain and today I finally decided I loved it enough to buy it. It's a bit cold yet warm with that woodiness and smokiness. It feels sexy, strong, and independent. And it lasts forever on my skin! 2 just kinda disappears after a while and, on me, has a weird note in it I can't put my finger on. The only tiny problem with Man I find is that I LOVE it so much as it dries down and a few hours later but in the beginning it smells, well...a bit cheap, or better it smells generic, like lots of others out there? Anyone agree?

So, FINALLY, my question is....do you think it's weird for a woman to wear this? Would you be really turned off by smelling this on a woman? Please do tell!!

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: Comme des Garcons 2 Man.....on a woman

Welcome!

I too prefer CdG2Man to the CdG2. I just think it's a more complete fragrance. I don't get a cheap topnote feel, but rather a smooth character throughout. I did not actually feel it transformed much over time. As for women wearing fragrances marketed as "masculine": I find it the epitome of cool, as long as it's a good 'fume, which this is.

Go for it!

Colin

Blog Entries

I'm not familiar w/ this particular frag, but I just wanted to let you know that I wear men's frags all the time to great response. If you like it & think it smells nice on you, then I'm sure others will too!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I say rock on. My girlfriend loves to wear masculine stuff... D&G PH, Cuiron, Ezra Fitch (her current low-brow fave) even Kouros. I think CDG2Man could be quite enchanting on a woman.