Code of Conduct

Default where to get frederic malle on the cheap?

any ideas? ebay doesn't offer a heck of a lot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: where to get frederic malle on the cheap?

HA! That's a good one! Tell us another

Post Thanks / Like

in heaven

Post Thanks / Like

Right. Next life.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I hear you can email his maid...

srsly... the Malle supply chain is lock-down perfection. Really tight distribution channels, likely overseen by one or two people who know to what store each and every bottle goes.

You will not find anything "on the cheap" from this house. You go to Editions or you go to Barneys. You pay full price. Or you get someone selling decants on ebay...maybe. But that's a personal bottle that they also purchased full price and are decanting from.
    We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give - W. Churchill

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely try a few samples or decants from basenoters or ebayers first. My guess is theres nothing in this line you would want to put down $230 for a full bottle of 30% vetiver or tubeurose extract for.
    -

those 3 refill jobbies look like a better deal than any decants I see offered.

how do those things work? what are they refilling?

we should form little triplets and split em cause the decants are so sky high

I guess in a way though since it's strong stuff it's gonna last at least 2x as long as creed so you're getting 1/3 oz worth of creed power easily in 1/6 oz

but still, those 3fers from barney's are a better deal than decants i've seen offered....

it's an absurd situation. the frag that could really justify the moolah would be mark birley cause it's so limited in its distribution, it's a wonder they don't charge 50 percent more for it.

Post Thanks / Like

The 3-refill pack is the way to go if you don't care to have a fancy bottle.
    The refills are meant to fit into a (metal?) sprayer, I think. Anyway, the
    3 refills each have their own atomizers that work great. Basically, the
    bottles are oversized sample vials with atomizers, but they are decent
    quality glass with a nice little label and a good atomizer.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with most of the others..."in heaven" etc..."dreamland"...lol! I just sucked it up and bought a couple...set me back, but I love both of them...just amazing frags.

they aren't just large samples they are a little over 1/3 oz so you get a full ounce.

being that the juice is a lot stronger than a creed. . . it's a lot of bang.

so the price isn't bad at all from the source for these. the only problem is you can't mix and match.

(although I will ask in the store maybe you can but I think I will see the salesperson raise his eyes to heaven)

any way if necessary people should gang up in gangs of 3 and get some diversity!

Okay, I think this is the best solution:

Go to the Les Senteurs website and order enough samples to make a decant.

http://shop.lessenteurs.com/index.ht...=0&submit=back

That's the way I made a 10ml decant of Vétiver Extraordinaire. It'll cost £2 per 1.5ml sample (which come in vials), so you'll need about 6 samples (but you can only order 4 at a time). The 3-refill pack costs between £35 and £50 (depending on which fragrance you want), so a bit of mathematics will tell you that you're more or less paying the same for one of the refill atomisers (and all samples are the same price).

For example, the Vétiver Extraordinaire 3-refill pack costs around £40 (so that's about £13.33 per refill, if you disregard the case). Enough samples to fill a 10ml atomiser only cost me £12 (including p&p).

I hope this helps.

fantastic!

only, on barneys.com the refills are cheaper in usd like from 58 for LM to 65 for MR, only... there is no listing for VE...

I am going by there to spray myself en route to the societe anonyme show's last day at the hammer museum and will check into this. . .

samples sound like a very good route

also may try offering the atomizers for sale and see if anyone hops on... since I am near a barneys and all. . .

wow just really tracked down the info (it was difficult cause barney's website is. . .weird)

the refills are most definitely CHEAPER than the bottles... 1.7 oz for $155 vs 1 oz for 65! unfortunately I can't get the 411 on the other scents...

crazy, I love it, maybe mr malle has some sympathy for the maids after all???

well hell I think I will just probably purchase a couple of refill packs and if I can't sell em I can always give them as gifts or just keep em...

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky
    wow just really tracked down the info (it was difficult cause barney's website is. . .weird)

the refills are most definitely CHEAPER than the bottles... 1.7 oz for $155 vs 1 oz for 65! unfortunately I can't get the 411 on the other scents...

crazy, I love it, maybe mr malle has some sympathy for the maids after all???

well hell I think I will just probably purchase a couple of refill packs and if I can't sell em I can always give them as gifts or just keep em...

The prices at Barneys are for 3.4 oz bottles not 1.7 oz.
    We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give - W. Churchill

Post Thanks / Like

malle on the cheap ? you can always ask his maid to mail u some of his bottles from his dresser
    -

someone already made that joke zz...

um. . . oh the bottles are bigger well good cause I'm glad the guy at barney's got to be frustrated with penny pinching me today asking about it. . .

cause I went in their two days ago all excited about iris poudre and he said he had no samples then today I caught him giving a guy iris poudre and MR samples, so finally I got some naa naa! .5 ml atomizers...

whatever I business I may ever give that store I'll be sure to do it on his day off

Hmm, the guy at Barneys made me a sample of MR on the fly by spraying the stuff into a little vial. And I didn't even ask him to, he jus thought I would like it.

!!! someone else told me this "in real life" today, that decanting samples is normal at barney's.

well I have to chalk it up to salesman's being a [insert off color word associated with entertainer/talk show host/commentator joan rivers]

but alls well that ends with me testing MR on one side and mure et musc on the other as I am shortly abotu to do...

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky
    !!! someone else told me this "in real life" today, that decanting samples is normal at barney's.

well I have to chalk it up to salesman's being a [insert off color word associated with entertainer/talk show host/commentator joan rivers]

but alls well that ends with me testing MR on one side and mure et musc on the other as I am shortly abotu to do...
    Just report him to the manager and see with how much samples you'll walk out.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at