Code of Conduct

Talking Help me find 2 niches to complement my collection

Its time for another two buys, Im looking to complement my collection with a couple of two new niches.

Please look at my actual collection and please feel free to comment on what would you buy based on my prefrences.

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/3601

Thanks

Default Re: Help me find 2 niches to complement my collection

CdG Red series Palisander comes to mind....

How about a real vetiver - may as well go for the realest one there is - Lorenzo Villoresi Vetiver?

Or a decent formal amber - MPG's Amber Precieux?
    Renato

Overcome By Fumes

Santa Maria Novella Peau d'Espagne

I would say that you would need:

L'Artisan - Tea for Two
    Creed - Santal Imperial

They are must haves from each of their houses, IMO. I have yet to buy Santal Imperial but I am dying for a bottle and I think more people should get it. It is often overlooked.

I would personally add a gourmand to that drobe of yours. If it absolutely has to be niche, then perhaps New Haarlem?

You also seem to be a fan of L'artisan so I would suggest that you do some research on Voleur d'Roses as it's one of the best L'artisan scents IMO.

Great suggestions, as a matter of fact I have a sample of voleur de roses, tea for two and new harleem.

Right know I wearing voleur de roses on my right wrist and tea for two on the left. I think I like tea for two better, voleur de roses has to much patchoulli on it. would retry new harleem later today.

but

Keep the suggestions comming

summer means fireflys

I was thinking that you need at least one Serge Lutens. I don't know where you are, if finding the exclusive line would be a problem or not ... but I think that Ambre Sultan is the best of the export line. You could get that in the US. In the exclusive line there are so many to love: Fumerie Turque, Cuir Mauresque, Chene, Santal de Mysore, etc etc.

Also think about a MPG, perhaps Santal Noble or Eau des Iles?
    I've trademarked the color bleu

You have plenty of Creed, L'AP and Bond, so why not a Lutens and a Malle?

I'd say SL Chergui and Malle Vetiver.

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Quote Originally Posted by Ged
    You have plenty of Creed, L'AP and Bond, so why not a Lutens and a Malle?

I'd say SL Chergui and Malle Vetiver.

Ged

You have a lot of Creeds and L'Artisans. I would second GED and recommend that you invest in a Malle, MPG, SL or a Miller Harris fragrance. From the Malle line, my favorite is Musc Ravageur.
    -

I like Renato's suggestions of a Villoresi and an MPG. He gives good specifics on that recommendation too, Vetiver and Ambre Precieux respectively.

If you don't go for those, my answer to your question would be both from MPG:
    Route du Vetiver and Santal Noble.

I think you need vetiver, sandalwood, and amber in your collection. You also need freaky, and for that I'd say MPG's Parfum d'Habit should be your ball and pistol.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Although you have several Creeds, I think Royal English Leather would be a great addition. I think it works well in situations where you might otherwise choose something like Vintage Tabarome or BdP, but also in less formal contexts. Epicea would be another interesting Creed.

Something from the CdG Incense or Red series would be nice. My favorites are Jaisalmer and Kyoto from Incense and Palisander from Red.

I also think you could take a look at some of the many distictive offerings from Santa Maria Novella. I have Pot-Pourri, Vetiver and Citta di Kyoto and all are impressive.

Of all the above, I think Jaisalmer is the safest blind buy. There is nothing about it that's not to like.