Code of Conduct

Default I would do anything Furyo...

Can anybody tell me what this discontinued offering from Bogart is like? The few reviews there are do not describe it. As mentioned previously, I'm a big fan of Bogart and Witness and I'm trying to get my hands on as many from this house as possible.

Dankeschön
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Default Re: I would do anything Furyo...

Rashkae from Singapore promised to send me a sample of this, but I`ve got nothing to this day.

I`m also very interedted in this fragrance. It`s very intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer
    Rashkae from Singapore promised to send me a sample of this, but I`ve got nothing to this day.

I`m also very interedted in this fragrance. It`s very intriguing.

It's on it's way.

Got lots of bottles of Furyo here.

TGL:

honestly, if you want to know what Furyo smells like, I can try to send you a sample. But the easiest way to imagine it is to mix Jaisalmer with Kouros.

Thanks. I do not know Jaisalmer, but the descriptions sound pretty darn good. I'm trying to get a miniature of Furyo off ebay, if it doesn't work, maybe I'll take you up on the offer.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I really wish I knew how to describe scents, but Furyo is incredible.

It has devastating sillage and is by far the longest lasting cologne Ive ever worn. (puts Kouros and pi and G.Vetiver etc to shame)
    It is not a timid scent.

Lightbulb Re: I would do anything Furyo...

I got my Furyo sample today; a BIG thank you for Rashkae!!

I had been waiting for this so long, to get a sniff of this mysterious potion....

These long expected new-smell-experienses are such fun and special moments: They really do make your day - not depending on the result at all!!

What caught my eye on Furyo in the first place was the animalic and controversial nature it obviously had. And the rareness took my excitement even further.

Well, indeed this seems to be very rare in Europe and perhaps in the States too, but apparently in Asia and especially Singapore holds a large stockings on this. Strange.

It has been on my hand only two hours, so complete review won`t do, but let`s see some first impressions...

First sniff of this is a one to experience, no doubt. Striking. Leaves Kouros in shade for the recoiling quality: Aldehydes, Herbs and Animal notes mixed with strange fruity note didn`t leave me cold. I loved it, and couldn`t wait for the drydown, because these kind of scents are all about the drydown, aren`t they..? If the first blast is exciting, it should even get better and better.

Hmm. It`s been a bit disapointing, to be honest. There as, let`s say, Kouros , MKK and Ungaro II keep getting better and better by every hour, it seems to me at this point that I`ve already seen the most beautiful side of Furyo.

Maybe this drydown will grow on me with time, but as we speak, those first 60 minutes with the strange, unique and positively shocking notes are perhaps the best this one has to offer.

Now, after a couple of hours, it is still going on very strong in a way, but all I seem to get are these tarty, raw honey notes with patchouli. Something very similar to Balenciaga Pour Homme, although more in animalic fashion. (Havana Reserva came to my mind too) Also, dare I say that to me this scent doesn`t smell very classy or expensive at all...There is something actually that reminds me of an deodorant. Very much so!

Ah, always should be objective, and have none of these superstitious expectations. You see, this is definitely not a bad scent, but somehow I expected that start to lead me somewhere else than where I`m now.

But like I said, it is very much alive this scent still after a couple of hours, and it seems to be still changing.

I will test this few times more anyway, and then decide should I go for a hunt of a bottle of this...

It is unique, animalic and impressive - no doubt. It is also dirty and cheap.

Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer
    I got my Furyo sample today; a BIG thank you for Rashkae!!

I had been waiting for this so long, to get a sniff of this mysterious potion....

These long expected new-smell-experienses are such fun and special moments: They really do make your day - not depending on the result at all!!

What caught my eye on Furyo in the first place was the animalic and controversial nature it obviously had. And the rareness took my excitement even further.

Well, indeed this seems to be very rare in Europe and perhaps in the States too, but apparently in Asia and especially Singapore holds a large stockings on this. Strange.

It has been on my hand only two hours, so complete review won`t do, but let`s see some first impressions...

First sniff of this is a one to experience, no doubt. Striking. Leaves Kouros in shade for the recoiling quality: Aldehydes, Herbs and Animal notes mixed with strange fruity note didn`t leave me cold. I loved it, and couldn`t wait for the drydown, because these kind of scents are all about the drydown, aren`t they..? If the first blast is exciting, it should even get better and better.

Hmm. It`s been a bit disapointing, to be honest. There as, let`s say, Kouros , MKK and Ungaro II keep getting better and better by every hour, it seems to me at this point that I`ve already seen the most beautiful side of Furyo.

Maybe this drydown will grow on me with time, but as we speak, those first 60 minutes with the strange, unique and positively shocking notes are perhaps the best this one has to offer.

Now, after a couple of hours, it is still going on very strong in a way, but all I seem to get are these tarty, raw honey notes with patchouli. Something very similar to Balenciaga Pour Homme, although more in animalic fashion. (Havana Reserva came to my mind too) Also, dare I say that to me this scent doesn`t smell very classy or expensive at all...There is something actually that reminds me of an deodorant. Very much so!

Ah, always should be objective, and have none of these superstitious expectations. You see, this is definitely not a bad scent, but somehow I expected that start to lead me somewhere else than where I`m now.

But like I said, it is very much alive this scent still after a couple of hours, and it seems to be still changing.

I will test this few times more anyway, and then decide should I go for a hunt of a bottle of this...

It is unique, animalic and impressive - no doubt. It is also dirty and cheap.

Interesting!
    Very nice report, PM.

I have a bottle of it and find it very 'spicy' but not that long-lasting. It is intense.

I do not like its atomizer 'button' as it's in the middle of the top and my finger hit's the side(s) of the cap..............or something like that

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Im surprised you dont find it has longevity Lightningrod.

PigeonMurderer, give it at least 6/7 hours. It just keeps going. That is about it's 40% mark on me, with a powerful 60% left to go It doesnt really develop alot beyond (or even into) the drydown but this stuff is powerful and raw. Give it a few more wearings.

It really does last ages... Even in a hot, sweaty summer day, the sillage keeps pumping out after a good 12-14 hours.

I do understand the deodorant note though. There's a deodorant called "Arrid" that comes in a white deo-stick. Stains clothes like nobody's business, but can last days. Has the same sharp, spicy note as Furyo.

Now you've have some time with it PigeonMurderer what do u think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by rompip
    Now you've have some time with it PigeonMurderer what do u think of it?
    Let me cut a long story short here...

Certainly it has been a interesting, wonderfull experience to smell this scent. If Rashkae would have not sent me that sample I`m sure I`d be still longing for it very very badly.

It is hands down one of the most impressive scents I have ever met. The start of this scent is strikingly animalic - a must have experience for everyone who enjoys fragrances filled up with civet!

However, the drydown seems to me (still) disapointing. Could be skin issue perhaps, but it turns out to be extremely tarty-woody scent on me. I must say I find it quite unwearable.

a) Thank you again Rashkae for the sample you sent me!

b) Full size bottle for me?? - Nah...

It has become a favourite of mine, but I do see how it can be considered unwearable! It is not something to be worn in public!

I also get that tart/wood (great way to describe it) drydown but the animalic presence is still most prominent for me right up till I eventually have to wash it off. I doubt its skin issues, it sounds like you're experience pretty much what I do with it.

Well, you're making me excited about the miniature that's coming my way.
    My Wardrobe

So at last I got to try Furyo. My initial impression is that this is a highly intriguing scent which I enjoy smelling but would not really want to wear. I agree with Pigeonmurderer that the opening is captivating -spicy, fruity, ambery animalic all at once and extremely thick. I thought this reminded me of Ambro, but on comparison the latter appeared much thinner, though the amber note is of a similar kind.
    That said, what evolves on my skin is a most androgynous scent, having that spicy "male thing" going on, but on the other hand smelling just like my mom's hand cream - I get very distinct rose and jasmin notes quite early on and dominating after half an hour. The patchouli is also distinct and gets stronger, the amber remains present throughout.
    I'll play around with the mini in winter, but I think this will remain a smelly-only for me. Not an experience to be missed by the lover of perfumes, that's for sure.
    My Wardrobe

It just hit me that the strong floral component in Furyo reminds me of Colors by Alexander Julian, which is the thickest flowery-creamy oriental for men I ever smelled.
    My Wardrobe