Code of Conduct

Default I Need Suggestions!

I don't mean to get all emotional here, but I was just dismissed from a year and a half relationship. Anyone have a suggestion for a fragrance for a broken heart? Maybe not something that would be happy smelling, rather melancholy is what I'm aiming for. Thanks for the help!

Default Re: I Need Suggestions!

My thought is to not get one, because then whenever you smell it in the future you will think of the girl and you'll be all depressed again. My advice is to just keep living your life. She's only a girl man. Did you love her? Maybe. But it didn't work out so there's no reason to dwell on it. Good luck

-Ben

Serpent

Aww, let him get a bottle of Messe de Minuit or one of the Comme des Garçons incenses (Zagorsk, maybe, or Kyoto) and be sad for awhile. Comme des Garçons White, while on the feminine side, has that pensive, incense-and-white-flowers-of-mourning thing going on, too. Angéliques sous la Pluie is sad, too (it even has "under the rain" in the name), but you'll be spraying and crying almost continually as it just doesn't last. Maybe L'Eau d'Hiver instead...

Agreed. Vanilla Fields still brings me bad vibes to this day.

KINGDOM by Alexander McQueen. The inspiration of this fragrance is about curtailed romance and broken hearts. Try it:-)
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

I'm not exactly all worked up over this. It's rough, but you know..stuff happens in life that you cannot control. I just need something that kind of coincides with the all around mood, ya know? Thanks a lot for the reccomendations so far.

Eeek that's scary...i've been with my girlfriend for almost exactly a year and a half. I can't image how that would feel.

I've personally never even smelled it, but someone eventually is going to say Czech & Speake No. 88. Just wait.

Of the scents i'm familiar with, I would say Bvlgari Black. If my girl left me, I'd probably want to wear it. For some reason M7 always made me feel kinda brooding, but I don't know why. Bel Ami comes to mind here too, maybe because of its lack of sweetness.

That said, I agree with Ben. I referenced those only because it is an interesting concept. Don't buy something, because after you're over her, you'll never want to look at that bottle again. Pick something you already have that has some happy memories attached to it! And good luck.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 22nd August 2006 at 04:39 AM.

Yeah, it was totally unexpected. Everything was just fine and then the next day she calls me and tells me she thinks we need a break. It was ridiculous, but you know how girls are...

I'm interested in this Kingdom stuff, sounds intriguing.

The only bottle I turn to during hard times is Jack Daniels. Works everytime.

TNMA

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    KINGDOM by Alexander McQueen. The inspiration of this fragrance is about curtailed romance and broken hearts. Try it:-)
    Kingdom?! I think that's a really big, ballsy, switched-on scent for this purpose: A cement mixer's worth of vanilla under top notes that smell like a combination bordello/burrito barn don't really add up to "melancholy" to me. They spell something more akin to... "horny."

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher
    The only bottle I turn to during hard times is Jack Daniels. Works everytime.

TNMA

Hahahahahaha.

Yeah I know what you mean. My friend had the same thing happen to him. I don't get it. But then again most women are completely insane...(am I allowed to say that?) Anyways, I hope you get happy soon. As someone said before, you should wear a frag that will make you happy instead of sad.

-Ben

Yeah I don't know what it is about them. You see though, the problem with wearing the frags that make me happy (Clinique, London, Essential, etc.) I can't because those were the ones she loved. And it just reminds me of her, so no good. So I am on the hunt for new frags big time right now.

Alright well what type of frags are you looking for? Judging from what made you happy I'd suggest L'Eau D'Issey or any of it's summer variations. Bulgari Aqua, Guerlein Vetiver (Good substitute for Essential and is even better), Bulgari PH, Dune, and Eau d'Orange Vert (substitute for Happy for men) are all great fragrances.
    Last edited by Spiritussancti; 22nd August 2006 at 03:55 AM.

Overcome By Fumes

Halston Unbound
    Tommy Freedom
    CK Escape

Not only do they spell out the result of this breakup in a liberating fashion, but none of them is all that good, so if you form a bad association with the scent-- no great loss.