Code of Conduct

Default Annick Goutal question...

I sampled an Annick Goutal fragrance a while back, (about a month ago), and loved it... but now I cannot remember which one it was... All I remember is that it was on the fruiter/sweeter side, even bubble gum like a bit, maybe... now I sort of think that it was in a bottle maybe purply in color... so maybe it was Mandragore, but then I read the notes and it does not seem like that was it... maybe it was Quel Amour! but I really have no clue... I so hope someone could help....
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Default Re: Annick Goutal question...

I had a sample of Mandragore and it was peppery & citrusy. I believe it's unisex sold in 2 different bottles but the same juice is inside both. No sweetness at all! I've never tried Quel Amour so I can't help there .

Correct, Mandragore probably isn't what you sampled. Quel Amour! would definitely be an option, except the bottle is pink (see http://www.annickgoutal.nl/img/quelamour.jpg). Do you happen to know if that's it?
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Petite Cherie, perhaps..Neiman's has the notes as:

"A blend of freshly cut grass, musky rose, peach, and vanilla."

Hello everyone and thank you so much for trying to help in solving this mystery for me... judging by what tinker and BrothaG said about Mandragore I now know it could not have been that one... but the bottle to me looked more like the bottle of Mandragore that I've seen in photos... hmmm that pink bottle of Quel Amour! (thank you for it BrothaG ) is not really what I remember either... but who knows at this point!

Oh well it looks like I will not be purchasing this one blindly of eBay... I'll just have to be patient again until I can find it somewhere close to where I live and give them all a try...

Of course TexasSnow threw me a curve-ball with Petite Cherie because now I have yet another one to consider and keep in mind....

The most distinct thing about the one I sampled was that it somehow reminded me of jasmine and well... pink bubble gum and I loved it!

Many thanks to all your help...
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Smile Re: Annick Goutal question...

Hi, Goddess Dreams, to confuse things further I would suggest your perfume might be Passion: it has notes of tuberose, jasmine, vanilla and oakmoss and it is floral/sweet. I am wearing it today and I suppose you could say there is a hint of bubble gum there too. I wouldn't say it was fruity though and I haven't seen it in a purple bottle. Other AG fragrances with jasmine are: Ce Soir Ou Jamais, Songes, Grand Amour, Gardenia Passion and Folavril - the only one of these I am familiar with is Songes but it does not fit the rest of your description. Apologies if this info adds to your dilemma!

Late, but worth a shot.

I do not think Mandragore was the one you tested, unless our perceptions of bubblegum and sweet are hugely different.
    The bottles are purple for both the men's and women's version (which smell the same BTW). I would describe Mandragore as a slightly spicy citrus. Too much bergamot that cannot be missed.

Quel amour is an affair of peony and fruit and is on the sweet side. The bottle is pink and it might seem darker (say, a little lilac) if you have actually seen it in low lighting, I don't know the conditions of your sampling.

Grand Amour does come in a darker butterfly bottle, which is deep berry (could that be it?), but the smell is not bubblegum-y to me. It is mostly hyacinth, lily and honeysuckle with a deeper base of oriental persuasion.
    http://www.annickgoutal.nl/img/grandamour.jpg

Passion does have jasmine aplenty, but I don't think it ever came in a purple bottle?
    Same with Songes. Although I do see some collector's items in a dark bottle.
    http://www.annickgoutal.nl/img/collectorsitems2.jpg
    This page might help on collectible bottles from Goutal.
    http://www.annickgoutal.nl/en/fragra...ollection.html

Eau de Charlotte is sweet and could be described as bubblegum-y on a stretch. (although to me it's muted cocoa and mimosa, could be wrong). Again not on a purple bottle though.

Maybe you sampled lots of Goutals and mixed up the smell with the bottle? ( I know it happens to me sometimes)

Wow! Lucky me with all you experts on Annick Goutal fragrances! And thank you all so much!!!!!!

To be honest I was completely lost sampling them... excites as a little piggy and giddy, giddy, giddy, and ohhh so in love with... well most of them

But that ONE... that ONE very special to me left a very memorable impression and I still cannot get it out of my head... and you know something! Helg you really might be on to something with saying that:
    Quote Originally Posted by helg
    Maybe you sampled lots of Goutals and mixed up the smell with the bottle? ( I know it happens to me sometimes)
    I might have mixed them all up and in a loud cacophonous yet sweet overload of all those aromas I found myself somehow in the midst of my Bubble-Gum Heaven LOL

Thank you for including all those bottle links... of course I went nuts seeing them... and now have a new fetish brewing... LOL

But I also think you might be on to something with Grand Amour! That one could be it... I will have to make my way out to the nearest Annick Goutal retailer and re-sample it again... I think that bottle looks like the ONE!

Thanks again!!!!

Salvador Dali

Exclamation Re: Annick Goutal question...

Hey! Wait! I also saw this one for the Mandragore:

http://www.annickgoutal.nl/img/mandragore-bf.jpg

While this is Grand Amour:

http://www.annickgoutal.nl/img/grandamour.jpg

The one is a little more purple, the other more berry.

SO..............

Definitely go to the store and spray blotters and write down exactly what each one is (also concentration) and colour of bottle.

That way you would be sure.

I know I don't follow my own advice when I am excited to find something new, LOL
    Last edited by helg; 31st August 2006 at 12:53 PM.