Code of Conduct

Thread: Coffee!

Smile Coffee!

Are there any scents out there that smell just like fresh ground coffee/espresso beans? And I don't mean just a coffee base topped with other stuff that takes away from the coffee smell - I mean I want a fragrance that smells like taking a whiff from the coffee grinder at starbucks! Basically straight coffee beans! I can't seem to find anything like this. Seems strange because coffee grounds smell sooooo good! I think it's my favorite smell. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: Coffee!

the closest i can think of is new haarlem, santal noble also has a coffe note

Comme Des Garcons "Wood Coffee"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

Carrement Belle Alfred Kafé.

http://carrementbelle.com/

http://www.lacremebeauty.com/
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Well,there is a refferal for Starbucks coffee in the directory!Try this one:
    Escada Casual Friday.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Vanille Mocha by Comptoir Sud Pacific, CDG's Wood Coffee and Jo Malone's Vetiver Café are my favorites. The CSF is the one that smells most like breakfast = coffee and warm croissant.

Im actaually composing a big review of Coffee-noted frags. Stay tuned for that. So far the coffee-est is Cafe Noir from ava-luxe.com. Jo Malone Black Vetyver cafe is close as well.

There is an Italian scent called "Black Coffee" from a series of monothematic fragrances. Saw it cheap on German ebay but decided I have to start saving up for Piper Nigrum . I do not recall the manufacturer's name & did not find it in the directory, but maybe this is worth hunting for...

Hah, found it, I'm good, dunno whether it's good though, cheap anyhow:

Monotheme Black coffee by Lorenzo Vidal (Gore Vidal's Italian cousin?)
    http://www.yatego.com/beautyplaza/p,...e-black-coffee
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Rochas Man is not pure coffee, but it's definitely the dominant note.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    Im actaually composing a big review of Coffee-noted frags. Stay tuned for that. So far the coffee-est is Cafe Noir from ava-luxe.com. Jo Malone Black Vetyver cafe is close as well.
    I tried a sample of the Cafe Noir by ava.luxe and Joel is dead on. Just like coffee beans roasting.

I wish you didn't tell me that! That sh*ts expensive!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

You got PM

You might like Dawn Spencer Hurwitz's Café Noir.
    https://www.dshperfumes.com/collecti...p?page=17&id=6
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I recently discovered (...or rediscovered...) a bottle of Jamoca Musk for Men (Avon). It was hiding in the depths of my cabinet. I remember getting it in '95, or there abouts, as a birthday gift. I used half of it and then went to something else. It still smells the same after lolling around the bottom of the cabinet all these years. I was impressed on how anyone could create a scent to smell just like coffee, with a smidgen of cocoa thrown in, but with very little cream and sugar. It captures the bitter, yet rich scent of freshly ground coffee beans.

I'll probably keep it as a novelty scent, rather than wear it as a serious cologne, but it is one the most unique and sophisticated scents Avon ever produced. The closest thing to a coffee scent I've ever smelled.

I also found a bottle of Friktion along with it. I still think the Friktion bottle is the most attractive one in my collection. Red glass with a sliver, knurled top.

S

Vanille Mocha by Comptoir Sud Pacific is my favorite.
    coor blimey mary poppins, is that Aqua Motu or the penguins?

If anyone necessarily likes to enjoy his cofee with chestnuts and some fragile flowers + some dash of coumarin, then let me suggest Kenzo Time for Peace PL.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectfeet
    Are there any scents out there that smell just like fresh ground coffee/espresso beans? And I don't mean just a coffee base topped with other stuff that takes away from the coffee smell - I mean I want a fragrance that smells like taking a whiff from the coffee grinder at starbucks! Basically straight coffee beans! I can't seem to find anything like this. Seems strange because coffee grounds smell sooooo good! I think it's my favorite smell. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Coffee has over 800 different aroma chemical consituents that make up its scent profile. As of yet, aromachemists have not been able to isolate and replicate the aroma chemical consituents responsible for the complex, and more importantly, the sustained coffee note. This is the reason coffee notes in fragrances are not very complex and why they don't persist. You won't really find what you're looking for unfortunately. Even if you carried around ground coffee beans with you all day long, the intensity and complexity of the aroma would soon abate because the essential oils in the coffee beans responsible for such an aroma and intensity are very volatile.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 24th August 2006 at 12:51 AM.