Code of Conduct

Default Serge Lutens relaxing and Serge Lutens on acid

I am testing a spritz of each of two samples: Gris Clair and Miel De Bois. Gris Clair, well, I love lavendar in my Root English Lavendar candle and I love to spray my bedsheets and pillow each evening with a lavendar linen spray. This is a nicely done lavendar, a muted floral, not some of the raw stuff. Ill let it wear down, but this could be a nice little occassional spritz say for when I got home and wanted to settle down. I dont usually wear colognes like that, but this would be a good one to start. This reminds me of a stronger Clair de Musc in that it is just a nice, nice scent. Nothing that would make others gag, but not gonna get the wow, I gotta sniff that again.

Now, Miel, talk about a coniferous scent. Someone has compared it I read to urine in honey, or honeyed urine. I dont know about that, but unless this one calms down, I don't see how he made money with this scent.

Sam

Default Re: Serge Lutens relaxing and Serge Lutens on acid

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan
    Now, Miel, talk about a coniferous scent. Someone has compared it I read to urine in honey, or honeyed urine. I dont know about that, but unless this one calms down, I don't see how he made money with this scent.
    Honeyed urine is a perfect description of this fragrance. It's the only Lutens that I truly *loathe*
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

So let me get this straight.......You dropped acid and THEN tested? I'll bet the scents have quite a bit of "depth" to them when you're tripping on LSD!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by perfectfeet
    So let me get this straight.......You dropped acid and THEN tested? I'll bet the scents have quite a bit of "depth" to them when you're tripping on LSD!
    He is not only smelling the SL's, he is also 'hearing' and 'seeing' them as well...!

I thought the thread might be about Serge Lutens himself, relaxing, and on acid (at his home in Marrakesh I presume)
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

I have and love both- I don't find the lavender in Gris Clair particularly relaxing, I find it bracing, there's an almost menthol quality to it that's great. Miel de Bois does settle after a while to the most wonderful honey scent, and I am one of the six people who actually like the "killer bees on crack" opening...