Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Picked up some new scents

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    No vanilla? Tobacco? Citrus topnotes?
    I just sprayed it on myself. Two on the neck and one on each wrist. It smells like I am not wearing cologne at all. I have to put my nose right against my wrist to smell anything. I don't smell the citrus topnotes. They may be there but are not powerful. I got a faint smell of vanilla and tobacco though. It is not strong.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMist
    I just sprayed it on myself. Two on the neck and one on each wrist. It smells like I am not wearing cologne at all. I have to put my nose right against my wrist to smell anything. I don't smell the citrus topnotes. They may be there but are not powerful. I got a faint smell of vanilla and tobacco though. It is not strong.
    If you can decant a small amount of it and don't mind shipping it to me, i'm very interested to test this "Laguna" you have. This is Laguna by Salvatore Dali right? Describe the bottle to me. No way can you not smell anything with 4 spritzes of the juice! Two to the chest lasts all day on me. No skin can absorb that much sillage.

If you can decant a small amount of it and don't mind shipping it to me, i'm very interested to test this "Laguna" you have. This is Laguna by Salvatore Dali right? Describe the bottle to me. No way can you not smell anything with 4 spritzes of the juice! Two to the chest lasts all day on me. No skin can absorb that much sillage.
    The bottle is blue with Laguna homme written across it. It has dali on the bottle and on the cap. I keep get faint whiffs of it every now and then.

The bottle is blue with Laguna homme written across it. It has dali on the bottle and on the cap. I keep get faint whiffs of it every now and then.
    Can you do one last thing for me and find someone now and ask them can they smell the perfume you're wearing and whether is strong or weak.

Can you do one last thing for me and find someone now and ask them can they smell the perfume you're wearing and whether is strong or weak.
    I would if I could but no one is around at this time.

I just sprayed some more on, I think I smelled the citrus topnotes. What I am smelling is hard to describe. I don't quite know how to put it. But I can barely smell it.

I think what milamber is getting at is that it might be fake or old. Scentiments has always been totally reliable though, so I, for one, am hoping this isn't the case.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Serpent

I just sprayed some more on, I think I smelled the citrus topnotes. What I am smelling is hard to describe. I don't quite know how to put it. But I can barely smell it.
    I think what he's trying to get at is to live with it until you can around someone to ask an opinion. Moreover, though, do you like it? That's even more important. If not, then don't sweat it.

I would give Laguna 5 stars in both sillage and longevity. I have to spray it from really far away to keep it from getting cloying. I'm thinking that you're suffering from olfactory fatigue. Leave the scent alone and try it in two days, and this time do it with someone around, preferably a girl. I guarantee it will be extremely strong to her.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe
    I would give Laguna 5 stars in both sillage and longevity. I have to spray it from really far away to keep it from getting cloying. I'm thinking that you're suffering from olfactory fatigue. Leave the scent alone and try it in two days, and this time do it with someone around, preferably a girl. I guarantee it will be extremely strong to her.
    Maybe, I did smell a bunch of scents that day. I will give it a few days and try it again.

Hey, I just went to a perfumania here yesterday. I was a little diassapointed though. I tried about 10 scents, but nothing really jumped out at me. I ended up getting a bottle of Brit and Envy. After I got home, I smelled the strips again and was amazed- Egoiste and BLV smelled freakin' great. At least I know what I'll get next time.

Quote Originally Posted by kraken
    Hey, I just went to a perfumania here yesterday. I was a little diassapointed though. I tried about 10 scents, but nothing really jumped out at me. I ended up getting a bottle of Brit and Envy. After I got home, I smelled the strips again and was amazed- Egoiste and BLV smelled freakin' great. At least I know what I'll get next time.
    But where did you put the strips on the way home? If you placed them together, the smells gonna rub off on each other.

KM-
    Let me say that you did the right thing in waiting to see how the frag develops. Magnetism is a really interesting scent to me. I don't get the leather in it, but plums yeah. This was one which I traded away and immediately regretted trading so I purchased it again!
    K
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava