Code of Conduct

Thread: Soap

Default Soap

I heard that i should use an unscented soap when i am going to wear cologne, a big difference from the axe soap and deoderant i use at the moment, What kind of soap do you guys reccomend. Sometimes i find the smell of axe soap better than the cologne so yeah.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Soap

I use regular Ivory soap & unscented Mitchum deoderant. Seems to work pretty well.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Dove has a really nice unscented body wash and Walgreens has a really nice knock-off version of it.

I use the Walgreens.

And Mitchum.

Huge fan of olive oil soap.. real soap not beauty bar.

Will never use anything else again if I can help it.

Expensive:
    http://www.oliveoilsoap.com/

Or Cheap:
    http://www.vitaminden.com/028367731481.html

Most amazing feel of skin while/after rinsing.
    No scent or very light if you get the pure olive oil stuff.

i use the fig soap and the ice blue soap, but unfragranced deo.

This shop i use is in london ut i know are all around the world now, best soaps i have ever used.

from

http://www.lush.com/
    coor blimey mary poppins, is that Aqua Motu or the penguins?

hi all,

A great glycerin soap will leave a moisturising film on your skin great to keep scent alive - a soap like Pears is superb.

laurent
    Invisible Power

If you shower daily, you should avoid soap, as well as Sodium Laureth or Lauryl sulfate based shower gels. Axe, like almost everything else, is crap from a dermatological point of view. Both soap and SLS are very aggressive, damage and dry out the skin (which also means a fragrance will not stick well). If it has to be soap, use a rich overfatted one- you get very good quality in organic stores. Otherwise a coco glucoside based shower gel. Always use a quality lotion (no paraffin) or scentneutral skin oil (that will also make a perfume stick better, especially jojoba). Those are the basics of sensible body care - after that you can get into the added luxury of fragrances. Sorry, if I'm sounding like everybody's mother here

btw: your skin will thank you if you do not shower daily - except if you work in a coal mine, sweat shop etc. People in hygiene-obsessed western industrialized nations wash themselves far too often and with unsuitable products. Where dirt caused neurodermitis, skin allergies and eczemas in the old days, now the reason is often overcleanliness.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Wow that last reply was definately a ton of information hehe, I will be showering after my workouts in the humid summer stank heat of the florida swamps, so i gotta shower to stay fresh and clean at school heh. But i suppose i will go try one of those organic foods, i think the only store i could find one in is at Whole Foods down there. Could you give any examples of more glycerin soaps that help fragrance stick, that i could maybe find at a wal mart etc. thanks much for the replies.

Johnson's baby is ok?
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life
    If you shower daily, you should avoid soap, as well as Sodium Laureth or Lauryl sulfate based shower gels.
    Are you sure you do not mean Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate and Ammonium Laureth Sulfate. I could have sworn i read somewhere that these two are the worst for your skin and that the sodium ones aren't that bad? They might actually be good if i remember right.

Jeff

I just remembered. This may have been about which ones are better for your hair,not your skin.
    Last edited by ajmc; 23rd August 2006 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc
    Are you sure you do not mean Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate and Ammonium Laureth Sulfate. I could have sworn i read somewhere that these two are the worst for your skin and that the sodium ones aren't that bad? They might actually be good if i remember right.

Jeff

I just remembered. This may have been about which ones are better for your hair,not your skin.
    It's the other way around. SLS is more of a skin dehydrator and irritant. But there are simple and cheap alternatives to any kind of lauryl/laureth sulfate.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.