Code of Conduct

Default A tale of fragrance morals.

My roommate just got back from Palestine. He came downstairs ready to go out, and I noticed that he had on a cheap Pi knockoff. I was going to make him wash it off and wear something decent from my collection, but first we stopped by his room. And there, dwarfing the other bottles like the big black thing in "2001: A Space Oddessy" did to the apes, was a 4.2 oz bottle of Guerlain L'Instant. Right there on his dresser. You can imagine my shock. Adidas, Pi knockoff ("Vertigo" I think), and then....A GIANT L'INSTANT!!!

"I hate it," he says. "There are like 3 bottles at my house," he says. "I'll give you $20 for it," I said.

...but I just couldn't go through with it.

I made him wear it out...he was about to wear the knockoff, and I couldn't let him do that. I think I should probably tell him that he has a very valuable bottle on his hands. I told him that he is wrong. That he has only smelled it from the bottle. That it will develop and that he will smell more of it later. That it is a very fine fragrance from one of the most respected houses in the world. I told him NOT, for heaven's sake, to spray it on his face. He told me I know what i'm talking about If he gets through the night and still doesn't like it (which i doubt)...$20. Cross your fingers.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 25th August 2006 at 06:32 AM.

Default Re: A tale of fragrance morals.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz
    My roommate just got back from Palestine. He came downstairs ready to go out, and I noticed that he had on a cheap Pi knockoff. I was going to make him wash it off and wear something decent from my collection, but first we stopped by his room. And there, dwarfing the other bottles like the big black thing is "2001: A Space Oddessy" did to the apes, was a 4.2 oz bottle of Guerlain L'Instant. Right there on his dresser. You can imagine my shock. Adidas, Pi knockoff ("Vertigo" I think), and then....A GIANT L'INSTANT!!!

"I hate it," he says. "There are like 3 bottles at my house," he says. "I'll give you $20 for it," I said.

...but I just couldn't go through with it.

I made him wear it out...he was about to wear the knockoff, and I couldn't let him do that. I think I should probably tell him that he has a very valuable bottle on his hands. I told him that he is wrong. That he has only smelled it from the bottle. That it is a very fine fragrance from one of the most respected houses in the world. If he gets through the night and still doesn't like it (which i doubt)...$20. Cross your fingers.
    uhh can i like paypal him 20$ for one of the other 3 that are apparently at his house ?

Haha, well i assume they are his dad's or something. Maybe the guy is actually a basenoter!! Any Palestinians on here?? I wonder if frags are just really cheap there.

Take it. One man's trash is another's treasure

If he just came back from Palestinne, believe me, he has more pressing matters than his perfume....
    Not all people appreciate L'istant (I love it, but you get my drift).

If the question is what you should do about buying it, do as your consience dictates; give a little more than that if you think it would be unfair and if money is an object for him.
    But trying to convert him might prove unsuccessful in the end and what a waste of juice in the meantime....

Quote Originally Posted by helg
    If he just came back from Palestinne, believe me, he has more pressing matters than his perfume....
    Maybe he is referring to Palestine, Illinois or Palestine, Ohio.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Maybe he is referring to Palestine, Illinois or Palestine, Ohio.
    well, those arent really major cities and people would probably say illinois or ohio instead of palestine if that were the case.

but tell your friend that i hope palestine people are relieved of their oppression soon.

No, it's Palestine as in the country/area/religious warground/whatever you want to call it. He actually says it's not as bad there as the woldwide media makes it out to be. Isn't most of the fighting going on up in Lebanon now?

Anyway, I only mentioned the location because it's interesting that Guerlain is so casually bought and owned there. Are frags a big deal in the mid-east?

Last edited by Amir; 20th January 2014 at 02:36 AM.

I don a halo and sit on your right shoulder "you could always give him 35 instead of 20!"

I wonder what fragrance advertising is like in muslim countries
    Last edited by supermarky; 26th August 2006 at 11:01 AM.

Question Re: A tale of fragrance morals.

I wouldn't have tried to force him to like it, everyone has different taste.

however, i have a story that is cousin's with this one:

my girlfriend's sister is moving to NYC and was dumping leftover stuff at my gf's house when i saw her giving away some perfume. i sprayed it on my wrist, and started raving about it. my gf liked it too (it was Ferre i believe, which is a female fragranc) and we discussed how nice it was at length.apparently the sister overheard us and all of a sudden changed her mind about wanting to give it away, and decided to take it back.

was this wrong of her?