Code of Conduct

Default New: Stella Mc Cartney- Stella In Two: Peony and Amber

Just had the presentation of Stella In Two!
    Peony (eau de toilette)
    The fragrance: a woody peony
    COOL - peony, black pepper
    VERY "IN" - Patchouli, wood, amber
    more commercial then the first Stella

The bottle: a vintage squared bottle, in a pink dégradé

Amber (solid perfume)
    SEXY, ADDICTIVE - amber

The solid perfume can be put ON the eau de toilette to make it unique, or worn it by itself for a sexy impression

The body line: bio, made of fig extract
    After the Stella body line succes, they are currently preparing the release of a bio skincare line for 2007.

And by mixing the eau de toilette with the solid perfume you get...the first Stella eau de parfum !

The concept is very innovating, I think, the customer has the opportunity to create and mix his own fragrace, the bottles, the packaging and the ad are amazing. They are sold separately, and I wonder how many of the customers are gonna mix the Amber with another of their perfumes!
    La Science des Rêves

Serpent

Default Re: New: Stella Mc Cartney- Stella In Two: Peony and Amber

More commercial than the first Stella? Is that possible? Stella is HUGE, at least in America, possibly the most successful first fragrance launch for a designer in I-can't-remember-when.

Clearly Stella McCartney is sticking to what she's had success with; amber and peony are key notes in the original Stella scent. How close are these to the original Stella? This whole concept really just looks more like an ancillary product to the original scent than a wholly new fragrance to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    How close are these to the original Stella? This whole concept really just looks more like an ancillary product to the original scent than a wholly new fragrance to me.
    I only tried Peony, but it was fairly similar to the floral accord in the original Stella. Well, the rose in Peony has a pronounced fruity quality, but overall I cannot say that it was dramatically different. I was given a blotter without knowing what the fragrance was on it, and my immediate response was Stella, or some version thereof.

Stella loves roses, and it seems peony is an ancient of the rose, so this explains everything Get into (In TWO) Stella's universe!
    La Science des Rêves

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Frothing slurp
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction