Code of Conduct

Default Trussardi Uomo - worth owning?

I have been thinking of getting this one for quite a while. But I am not sure if it is right for me. I read one review here commenting on some similarities between Uomo and Very Valentino. I have VV myself but do not particulairly enjoy that one. It is somewhat too dense for me and I do not really like the tobacco note in it. On the other hand I love Givenchy Gentlemen and would not mind having another really masculine scent in my collection. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Trussardi Uomo - worth owning?

I rather like it. However, I don't think you will.

To me it has a prominent rose note a la Van Cleef & Arpels. It is pretty intense on the skin though and if you find something dense unappealing, you're not going to like Trussardi Uomo. It is pretty thick like Quorum & Z-14 and other powerhouses. I'd suggest holding off on this one or getting a mini if you can find one, as Trussardi Uomo is usually a pricey proposition.

K

P.S. Glad to see someone from my home city.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Very Valentino pour Homme is a woody oriental scent and Trussardi Uomo is a very dry, chypre scent. It's different enough for each scent to stand on it's own. I happen to really like this family of woody scents, specially dry woods. If you're not into this genre then don't bother and save your money. Trussardi Uomo is one of my top five favorites and it's a powerscent. It's not for the faint of heart. For me, yes it's worth owning.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Quote Originally Posted by MisterK
    I rather like it. However, I don't think you will.

To me it has a prominent rose note a la Van Cleef & Arpels. It is pretty intense on the skin though and if you find something dense unappealing, you're not going to like Trussardi Uomo. It is pretty thick like Quorum & Z-14 and other powerhouses. I'd suggest holding off on this one or getting a mini if you can find one, as Trussardi Uomo is usually a pricey proposition.

K

P.S. Glad to see someone from my home city.

Thanks. I do not mind the rose at all, at least not the one in scents like C&S No 88 and Antaeus. I have tried van Cleef & Arpels a while back but do not really recall what it smelled like. It is more the tobacco note that I am not sure about in Uomo.

Go Eagels!!

To me, Trussardi Uomo has one of the most gorgeous bottles ever, but that`s about it.
    It`s not bad actually, but there are these few chypres that will simply put this scent into a great shame. (Like Antaeus , Yatagan)
    I think even Oscar de la Rentas Poul Lui is way much more interesting and unique.

I don't get much tobacco notes in Trussardi Uomo. I get more floral, leather and patchouli notes instead. I too would reccomend that you get a sample or a mini before buying the full bottle.

I really like this one very much, but all I could get -at a reasonable price- was the 50 ml. bottle.

Does anyone know if this has already been discontinued ?
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

First of all, you must be sure you like powdery scents.
    If so, go for it! Great longevity and rich smell indeed!

Smile Re: Trussardi Uomo - worth owning?

For all of you Basenoters who live near the Boston area...

Filenes Basement is having a summer clearance sale of alot of their colognes. I snapped up a 3.4 oz. bottle of Trussardi Uomo for $14.99! I love it!

Some of the others were Lalique La Faune, Lalique w/horse's head (forgot what that one is called), the latest Dunhill, and gift sets of Magnetism and Dunhill Desire discounted 50% from their previously discounted price. All items are final sale. The best of all, though, was the large selection of Annick Goutal fragrances and candles. Although it was mostly women's, I did see Eau de Hadrien for $39.99. Great bargains!

Talking Re: Trussardi Uomo - worth owning?

Oh, and I forgot this one....

Lanvin L'Homme 1.7 oz. spray for $9.99. How can you go wrong?!!!

- Jim

Quote Originally Posted by c-men
    I have been thinking of getting this one for quite a while. But I am not sure if it is right for me. I read one review here commenting on some similarities between Uomo and Very Valentino. I have VV myself but do not particulairly enjoy that one. It is somewhat too dense for me and I do not really like the tobacco note in it. On the other hand I love Givenchy Gentlemen and would not mind having another really masculine scent in my collection. Any suggestions?
    I've owned both, and definitely nothing common in them: VV is a very deep, dark, smokey scent, while Trussardi a clean, harsh, inivigorating, kind of flowery one. You may like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    I've owned both, and definitely nothing common in them: VV is a very deep, dark, smokey scent, while Trussardi a clean, harsh, inivigorating, kind of flowery one. You may like it.

Just have to chime in here to complain about my absolute biggest frangrance pet peeve. Houses coming out with ridiculously similarly named frags and versions of frags that offer nothing but confusion to the buyer. THIS is a perfect example because I smelled what I thought to be Trussardi Uomo in a small store once and thought it to be in the same vein albeit not too close to Drakkar Noir. Now I mention this because from the above description, I now think I may have smelled Trussardi L'oumo instead. I could give countless examples of this but I don't want to bore anyone. YSL's new one coming out is a good example of this. My criteria is if I called a discount retailer over the phone and there is greater than a 40% chance I would be sent the wrong product because of the similarity in name, that's where I have the problem. There is already a YSL Pour Homme, there is no need to come out with a YSL L'Homme. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by markc
    Just have to chime in here to complain about my absolute biggest frangrance pet peeve. Houses coming out with ridiculously similarly named frags and versions of frags that offer nothing but confusion to the buyer. THIS is a perfect example because I smelled what I thought to be Trussardi Uomo in a small store once and thought it to be in the same vein albeit not too close to Drakkar Noir. Now I mention this because from the above description, I now think I may have smelled Trussardi L'oumo instead. I could give countless examples of this but I don't want to bore anyone. YSL's new one coming out is a good example of this. My criteria is if I called a discount retailer over the phone and there is greater than a 40% chance I would be sent the wrong product because of the similarity in name, that's where I have the problem. There is already a YSL Pour Homme, there is no need to come out with a YSL L'Homme. Ridiculous.
    I agree. It just confuses customers. Meanwhile, the scents are totally different, despite sounding the same. Just look at Chanel PM and the Concentree!!!! No relationship whatsoever. EDIT: or worse still the Egoiste and Platinum Egoiste. <stamps foot>

These perfume houses need to get their act together or I'm going to throw a serious strop!
    Last edited by GenuineImitationLife; 24th August 2006 at 07:23 PM.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by markc
    named frags and versions of frags that offer nothing but confusion to the buyer.
    Well, what I'm speaking about is the handy black leathery-imitation box, with a small golden symbol on it, released in 1983. Though I haven't seen it for ages, I don't think it was discontinued.
    I didn't like the L'Uomo version at all. They have nothing in common.

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer
    To me, Trussardi Uomo has one of the most gorgeous bottles ever, but that`s about it.
    It`s not bad actually, but there are these few chypres that will simply put this scent into a great shame. (Like Antaeus , Yatagan)
    I think even Oscar de la Rentas Poul Lui is way much more interesting and unique.
    Antaeus is such an iconic fragrance. I am having trouble wearing it myself but you just have to acknowledge that one. However, I perceive the dry down and the woods in that one to be rather sweet. Not really what I would expect from Trussardi Uomo. A friend of mine always used to wear pour lui in the 90s. I totally agree, it is a unique kind of scent maybe not uber-masculine though.

I do not think Trussardi Uomo has been discontinued as opposed to L'Uomo. I am under the impression that it is just not marketed here in the states anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by c-men
    Antaeus is such an iconic fragrance. I am having trouble wearing it myself but you just have to acknowledge that one. However, I perceive the dry down and the woods in that one to be rather sweet. Not really what I would expect from Trussardi Uomo. A friend of mine always used to wear pour lui in the 90s. I totally agree, it is a unique kind of scent maybe not uber-masculine though.

I do not think Trussardi Uomo has been discontinued as opposed to L'Uomo. I am under the impression that it is just not marketed here in the states anymore.
    http://www.perfumeemporium.com/mens/details.cfm?id=4403

You could perhaps get that 5ml mini bottle before purchasing the possible fullsize one, which is imo, quite expensive one in PE.

I think Trussardi Uomo is great. I love it.

I just bought a 3.4 oz bottle from Scentiments for about $32.00. They have it listed under Trussardi for Men but it is the real black snakeskin Trussardi Uomo.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus
    I think Trussardi Uomo is great. I love it.

I just bought a 3.4 oz bottle from Scentiments for about $32.00. They have it listed under Trussardi for Men but it is the real black snakeskin Trussardi Uomo.
    Do they ship internationally now ?
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Sandalwood
    Do they ship internationally now ?
    I doubt it--I had it shipped to within the US and then to me.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus
    I doubt it--I had it shipped to within the US and then to me.
    I see. Too bad they don't ship internationally, they have really good prices.
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe