Code of Conduct

Question Tsar v/s Cool water

Forgive me if i commit a sacrilege...but i think they smell a lot similar....
    except for this putrid smell in the top note of the tsar...what is it...it smells like garbage..i thought it wud ease out during the transformation to the middle note..however u can still smell it...its so bad that i am beginning to feel if i have a fake bottle or what...but i am pretty much sure the thing is real...incidentally tried cool water on the right wrist and put tsar on the left....both of them smelt a lot alike except cool water is much smoother and agreeable....tsar has this note that i cant figure out where its comin from..if i could know what is it...ii could avoid all perfumes in the future that have that note....thanx for the expert advice of all the base community....

Default Re: Tsar v/s Cool water

Try smelling Tsar again in a few years, maybe you'll like it then. Cool Water is a safer choice for beginners.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

so tsar smells like GIT too ?
    -

Thrax

Knightowl is right, you would be suprised how different things smell after just a little bit of time. I used to HATE A*MEN with a passion, but now, its one of my favorites!

ive tried rattling my brain...which ofcourse is a bird brain as far as perfumery lingo is concerned...but what wud GIT mean ?

GIT is an abbreviation for Green Irish Tweed, made by Creed, and often said to be similar to Cool Water.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts
    Forgive me if i commit a sacrilege...but i think they smell a lot similar....
    except for this putrid smell in the top note of the tsar...what is it...it smells like garbage..i thought it wud ease out during the transformation to the middle note..however u can still smell it...its so bad that i am beginning to feel if i have a fake bottle or what...but i am pretty much sure the thing is real...incidentally tried cool water on the right wrist and put tsar on the left....both of them smelt a lot alike except cool water is much smoother and agreeable....tsar has this note that i cant figure out where its comin from..if i could know what is it...ii could avoid all perfumes in the future that have that note....thanx for the expert advice of all the base community....
    I think they only smell alike if Melbourne's hay fever has gotten to you.
    Some north wind days, nearly everything smells alike to me.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I think they only smell alike if Melbourne's hay fever has gotten to you.
    Some north wind days, nearly everything smells alike to me.
    Renato
    so its indeed a terrible mistake to say that cool water and Tsar smell similar....but honestly it did seem like...maybe it was a mistake to test them both at the same time on one hand each...wud wear them thru out the day and then maybe i wud feel different...but if u cud help me identify this strange note in TSAR...its just BAD...wut is it
    gupts

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    Try smelling Tsar again in a few years, maybe you'll like it then. Cool Water is a safer choice for beginners.
    Jesus...its just been a few hours and i am already liking it....unbelievable....

Quote Originally Posted by gupts
    so its indeed a terrible mistake to say that cool water and Tsar smell similar....but honestly it did seem like...maybe it was a mistake to test them both at the same time on one hand each...wud wear them thru out the day and then maybe i wud feel different...but if u cud help me identify this strange note in TSAR...its just BAD...wut is it
    gupts
    I'm smelling Tsar now, whatever that note is that makes it stand out - I like it.
    I've just put some Cool water on my other wrist, and I've got to admit that if I put my nose right up against them, initially they do smell similar.
    But in the actual wearing they don't - Cool Water's sharp note shines through and then makes it unambiguously different.
    Renato

That's strange... I find the top notes in Tsar completely lovable.

The comparison with Jazz is more accurate, IMO.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Tsar, I can't really get into it, too sweet and cloying for me without anything interesting to it. But the strange note, may it be the lilly of the valley? I can see your garbage association, by the way, the sweetness has a touch of decomposing organic materials.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I'm smelling Tsar now, whatever that note is that makes it stand out - I like it.
    I've just put some Cool water on my other wrist, and I've got to admit that if I put my nose right up against them, initially they do smell similar.
    But in the actual wearing they don't - Cool Water's sharp note shines through and then makes it unambiguously different.
    Renato
    That distinct note in TSar does make it stand out but imo it smells nice if u just sniff it for a moment...trying to get too much of that note is putting off...cant help but say it again that it is cloying....but yeah from a bit of a distance it smells great...also the longevity is amazing too...i think there is no point in makin perfumes that dont even last for a minimum of 6-8 hours...this one lasts longer though...for that matter even cool water has gr8 longevity but the dry down is not aggressive...only u can feel it that ur wearing something.....
    gupts

tsar was one of the few fragrances that i absolutely hate. I think I know the note your talking about, its like rotten gingerbread