Code of Conduct

Smile Rob a bank to buy chanel

Am planning to rob a bank to buy a few chanel's...yeah..they cost so much..where else am i goin to get all da money...longetivity is the driving factor...never have had any experience with chanel perfumes but am told here and on other sites..chanel LAsTs and LAsTs....spent a 1000$ in buying trash that just doesnt last...so am basically bankrupt...but cant live without trying the chanel;s soooon....so making a blind buy....

Platinum egoiste, Antaeus for sure...between allure and allure homme sport what would u suggest......

looking at my taste pls advice...

i love eternity,jazz, live jazz, ck one, cool water, adg, one man show, paris hilton, rive gauche, polo black

i hate JOOP, ENvY, paco rabanne

Default Re: Rob a bank to buy chanel

I'd take Allure Homme over Allure Homme Sport, but there are quite similar.
    Both can be sampled at department stores such as Macy's.

Some Bloomingdale's stores stock Antaeus. Platinum Egoiste is a bit less
    commonly stocked than Allure Homme, but still not hard to find.

I think Chanel's are top quality, but I don't think they are exceptionally
    long lasting. They last long enough, but not as long as some others.
    Platinum Egoiste lasts the longest of the Chanels and Pour Monsieur (1955)
    lasts the shortest. I think Pour Monsieur is the best of them, though, and
    Platinum, while good, is about my least favorite. Understand, though, that
    even their "worst" is better than most of the department store scents I
    see in the sample trays these days.

My opinion, of course.

Start by sampling Allure Homme.

You might want to rob a bank for Chanels female fragrances, but imo their mens fragrances like Allure, Egoiste, etc are so average (and less in number) that you might want to hunt down another fragrance house and skip chanel altogether.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    You might want to rob a bank for Chanels female fragrances, but imo their mens fragrances like Allure, Egoiste, etc are so average (and less in number) that you might want to hunt down another fragrance house and skip chanel altogether.
    any suggestions? i mean names.....ve bot pretty much half of YSL....

YSL, Caron, Hermes, Guerlain ...all trump Chanel when it comes to fragrances for men.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    YSL, Caron, Hermes, Guerlain ...all trump Chanel when it comes to fragrances for men.
    Guerlain vetiver is one that i can find easily...u think id like it considering the names in the list of what i like & dislike...and which one wud u suggest by caron....

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by gupts
    Platinum egoiste, Antaeus for sure...between allure and allure homme sport what would u suggest......

looking at my taste pls advice...
    The Chanel to get is Égoïste, not the fairly horrendous Platinum Égoïste monstrosity that's not fit to bear the original's name. Lavender, vanilla, sandalwood, jasmine, rose, and spice... it's the best, a rich oriental balanced with bracing fougère freshness. It's Chanel's masterpiece. It's followed closely by Pour Monsieur Concentrée, which layers shining citrus, sharp petitgrain, and darts of nutmeg over a rich, classic vanilla base that is worthy of a textbook.

Those two scents have great longevity, but it's due mostly to their resinous-woody bases. The scents of which you speak - the fresher fougère types - are less durable. Chanel's prices are tightly controlled by Chanel, not held so high because of their longevity. (Also, Chanel tends to use higher quality raw materials than most other fragrance and cosmetic producers.)

If you haven't tested the scents, I wouldn't buy them blind. Platinum Égoïste, Antaeus, Allure Homme, and Allure Homme Sport all had terrible longevity on me. Just like any other fragrance house, Chanel's scents may or may not hold well on you.

Guerlain vetiver is one that i can find easily...u think id like it considering the names in the list of what i like & dislike...and which one wud u suggest by caron....

Caron: The Third Man

Hermes: Eau D'Hermes, Equipage, Terre D'Hermes

Guerlein: Vetiver, L'Instant

They're usually a lot cheaper if you order them from www.strawberrynet.com

I got a 50ml bottle of Egoiste from Perfume Connection a few weeks ago for A$49.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    They're usually a lot cheaper if you order them from www.strawberrynet.com

I got a 50ml bottle of Egoiste from Perfume Connection a few weeks ago for A$49.
    Renato
    @ strawberrynet its 62AUD
    @ perfumeconnection its 75AUD

Id snap it rightaway if i can get a 50ml bottle of Egoiste for 49AUD..

by the way i found these two sites where some of them are cheaper than what you can get on ebay...dunno bout the authenticity though...heard of them???????

https://www.perfumery.com.au/catalog...63ea5ee18ea406
    http://www.myshopping.com.au/

gupts

Those links look pretty good to me. That Perfumery place has lots of cheap Annick Goutal's, Hanae Mori going for A$45, relatively cheap Curion, the 100ml Egoiste tester going for $95, GIT and Silver Mountain Water going for A$135, the fabled New West going for A$52, Ungaro 111 for A$57, Yatagan for A$44.

The price comparison place led me to http://www.perfumeclearancecentre.co...page=1&sort=3a
    which has a few going very cheap that I've only heard about here.

If you got ripp off copies from these places, I think you'd be able to bring Government regulators down on them very hard.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 25th August 2006 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks to you and your thread, I've just ordered New West and Goutal's Duel from that Perfumery place.
    So, thanks once again.
    Renato

Thanks to you and your thread, I've just ordered New West and Goutal's Duel from that Perfumery place.
    So, thanks once again.
    Renato
    You won't regret New West I'm pretty sure. It has the most beautiful acquatic note of any of the marine/acquatic scents. And it's very unique, unlike anything else.

I'm wanting to get my hands on a bottle myself soon!
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

So, thanks once again.
    Renato
    aaah...are you sure u wan2 thank me for the links...i thot u cud be annoyed for gettin to know of more such places where one can splurge on perfumes...ive blown bout A$850 in bout 2 months...and there is still a LOOONG LOOOONG wish list....and just cant curb my act of ordering them online...there is one packet coming every three days in my mail...the other day i got 7 perfumes in one go in two packets...
    anyways i am happy if you found something cheap on those sites...all da best n happy splurging.......

gupts

aaah...are you sure u wan2 thank me for the links...i thot u cud be annoyed for gettin to know of more such places where one can splurge on perfumes...ive blown bout A$850 in bout 2 months...and there is still a LOOONG LOOOONG wish list....and just cant curb my act of ordering them online...there is one packet coming every three days in my mail...the other day i got 7 perfumes in one go in two packets...
    anyways i am happy if you found something cheap on those sites...all da best n happy splurging.......

gupts
    So long as you moderate your other spending behaviour accordingly, a bit of a splurge never hurts - particularly if what you get would have cost you two to three times as much in a retail store.

Still it's easy to get carried away and find yourself asking - I got the bargain, but couldn't I really have gone without this scent?

My spending binges tend to mirror how well the stock market is doing for me.
    Renato

Buy Chanel, it's quality!
    I like Allure sport very much

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    The Chanel to get is Égoïste, not the fairly horrendous Platinum Égoïste monstrosity that's not fit to bear the original's name. Lavender, vanilla, sandalwood, jasmine, rose, and spice... it's the best, a rich oriental balanced with bracing fougère freshness. It's Chanel's masterpiece. It's followed closely by Pour Monsieur Concentrée, which layers shining citrus, sharp petitgrain, and darts of nutmeg over a rich, classic vanilla base that is worthy of a textbook.

Those two scents have great longevity, but it's due mostly to their resinous-woody bases. The scents of which you speak - the fresher fougère types - are less durable. Chanel's prices are tightly controlled by Chanel, not held so high because of their longevity. (Also, Chanel tends to use higher quality raw materials than most other fragrance and cosmetic producers.)

If you haven't tested the scents, I wouldn't buy them blind. Platinum Égoïste, Antaeus, Allure Homme, and Allure Homme Sport all had terrible longevity on me. Just like any other fragrance house, Chanel's scents may or may not hold well on you.
    Thanks a lot...THANK you indeed...u just saved my 100$ that wudve gone down the drain if i had bot Platinum Egoiste...horrendous it is..its ugly...its unbelievably cheap...learnt my lesson here...NEVER buy BLIND thinkin that its comin frm a big house so its gotta be good....am goin to try the egoiste now...and then antaeus...there is got to be one chanel thats for me....but i aint buying before trying....gupts

I love Platinum Égoïste. I had to say it after all the trashing here, anyways we all know we smell different things on different frags...i do agree that it should have been named something else because it's very different to the original.
    My favorite chanel for men is the original égoïste (i don't know why some people seem fixated on thinking that bois noir was better, IMHO, it needed reworking and it got one, and i was more than happy.)
    Love AH also.
    The ones i like the least are AHS (probably their biggest seller) and PM, even though i have both.

Chanel is not expensive, at least not compared to some other brands. If you really find that you do like one of the Chanels, then save your money. $80 isn't that much to save up unless you have a lot of debt, and in that case you probably shouldn't be making splurge purchases like this to begin with. There is always a way (and generally doesn't involve robbing banks).
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Informer
    Chanel is not expensive, at least not compared to some other brands. If you really find that you do like one of the Chanels, then save your money. $80 isn't that much to save up unless you have a lot of debt, and in that case you probably shouldn't be making splurge purchases like this to begin with. There is always a way (and generally doesn't involve robbing banks).
    Yeah 80$ can seem a lot when u have a fragrance(s) arriving in ur mail every 2nd day for the last 2 months