Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Visiting the USA

Hi All,

I'm visiting the USA on business in two weeks. I'll be visiting Dallas, Houston and Boston.

My shopping list is:

Creed BdP
    Creed Tab Mill
    SL Chergui or Fumerie Turque (whichever is available) or maybe Daim Blond
    Terre d'Hermes
    Burberry London and Prada Men if released
    some replacement Chanel Egoiste

a few cheap bottles if you can tell me where to get them (a cheap Gucci Envy, a replacement Guerlain Vetiver, maybe a Caron PuH or L'Impact if around, maybe a Gendarme seeing it's US)

Could people please advise where best to shop in Dallas, Houston and Boston?

In reference to the Creeds, I am happy to pay full price to buy from a reputable dealer (upmarket department store or whatever).

Any other bargains around?

Thanks in advance,

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Visiting the USA

Boston has pretty good selection. Between Neimans, Barneys, and Saks you can find all that stuff and more. You could probably find a lot of it in the other cities too, but I would bet that Boston has the best selection out of the cities that you're visiting. Have a good trip!

Post Thanks / Like

If you know what hotels you're staying in, I'd order some of those online and ship them there. Especially Guerlain Vetiver- it can be had for $25 bucks.
    If you were doming to LA, there are tons of places I could send you to for cheap.

Chergui is back to an Exclusive, and I think the supplies have dried up here. Fumerie Turque isn't out yet here

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i'd even buy the creeds online and ship them, honestly, do scentiments for creed and ebay for the SL's, theres no fake SL's right now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ged
    Hi All,

I'm visiting the USA on business in two weeks. I'll be visiting Dallas, Houston and Boston.

My shopping list is:

Creed BdP
    Creed Tab Mill
    SL Chergui or Fumerie Turque (whichever is available) or maybe Daim Blond
    Terre d'Hermes
    Burberry London and Prada Men if released
    some replacement Chanel Egoiste
    No Visit for your visit? If interested, you can go to Marshalls and pick up some cheap in any of the 3 cities you mentioned.

Actually, Terra d"hermes & Ego can be bought at any Sephora. Creeds can be found at Niemann Marcus. Expect to pay retail prices.
    Last edited by manicboy; 24th August 2006 at 05:36 PM.

but scentiments is always out of stock

what about that scentedmonkey and other online retailers selling at about that same price 90/4 oz?

Post Thanks / Like

When in Dallas, it is Needless Markup, of course.

If you have a free Saturday, or just an afternoon, it is time to go to Beautycafe -- speak with Ms.Lisa on-line and arrange for a visit, mention Basenotes and us, you are in for a surprise! See, how I say "visit", not "buy", because you can always order from the privacy and comfort of your home without paying S/H on orders over $50 until the end of August, or over $100 any other time, and you will not have any problems at the airport on the way back. Just come, visit, play, sniff, discuss, bring something Australian with you, does not have to be big or expensive, you know.... Takes about 35 minutes from downtown and them drivers on HW-75 are nuts!

Please DO NOT shop at Harry Hines strip: a dozen or so shops with pushy SAs, grey market, overpriced and outdated merchandise, tester bottles sold as legit, did I mention overpriced? Internet, Marshall's (Plano, on HW-75 and 15th Str.) and TJMaxx (Plano, on HW-75 and Spring Creek) are your best friends in this case.

Good luck and please report back!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone.

I'd thought about buying over the net and having it delivered to my hotel, but I'd like to try before buy, especially with the Creeds.

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Post Thanks / Like

Anywhere else that sells Creed online in the US, who are reliable and would deliver to my hotel in 3-4 days?

I've checked Scentiments and Scented Monkey - I want to buy BdP and Tab Mill.

Ged