Code of Conduct

Question since the forum changed I notice few posts

Seems since they changed the format, seems to be fewer posts, I rarely come here. Much prefer MUA, What is with the new format and people seem not to be here but a lot of ads??

Default Re: since the forum changed I notice few posts

from June:
    Quote Originally Posted by perfumegirl
    :-X :'( I see no benefits from basenotes, much prefer mua, easier to talk and get answers, :-[ :-X [smiley=bleecker.gif] :'(
    you've been down on this place since before the changeover, so whats your gripe really?

Actually, since the change-over I think I've seen more people posting here. That's just my impression though.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

A lot of mighty fine people here youngun !

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

I had some trouble adjusting to the new format, and I miss a few things about YaBB. It's minor, really, and just what I was used to. I went to MUA once when basenotes was down, but I didn't like it. I don't know why. If I want blurbs on a person's quick opinion I visit Luckscent and read 'What people are saying.'

I think that's one thing I like about basenotes, it's a smaller, tighter community. I feel like I get to know people, and knowing them and their fragrant fancies helps me value their reviews.

Plus, MUA seems so young and mainstream. I just can't bring myself to feel guided by hordes of college women. True enough, I probably smell like them, but my hobby interest in fragrance is about everything--classics, notes, structure, etc.

Now, this is all my personal bias. It may not be true. But it is how I truly feel.

And you perfumegirl, be free to go where you like it best. Afterall, the hobby is meant to be maximum fun! Visit us for a change of pace, even if MUA feels like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Artisankey
    Actually, since the change-over I think I've seen more people posting here. That's just my impression though.

I agree with this comment. Actually I have seen more and more new posters everyday .

Perfumegirl, Chicat is right. You are free to post here or at MUA, this is supposed to be fun. And I also think this is a tighter community .
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chicat
    I had some trouble adjusting to the new format, and I miss a few things about YaBB. It's minor, really, and just what I was used to. I went to MUA once when basenotes was down, but I didn't like it. I don't know why. If I want blurbs on a person's quick opinion I visit Luckscent and read 'What people are saying.'

I think that's one thing I like about basenotes, it's a smaller, tighter community. I feel like I get to know people, and knowing them and their fragrant fancies helps me value their reviews.

Plus, MUA seems so young and mainstream. I just can't bring myself to feel guided by hordes of college women. True enough, I probably smell like them, but my hobby interest in fragrance is about everything--classics, notes, structure, etc.

Now, this is all my personal bias. It may not be true. But it is how I truly feel.

And you perfumegirl, be free to go where you like it best. Afterall, the hobby is meant to be maximum fun! Visit us for a change of pace, even if MUA feels like home!
    Well put, my feline friend. I've been MIA the last couple weeks cuz I'm working, working, working. I think August is a vacation month for a lot of folks. If participation gets low, I'll revel in the intimacy and poke around on the boys' side more. If participation gets high, I'll enjoy all the chatter. Even with a bit of interior redecoration, this place feels homey. I prefer basenotes' forum structure--maybe it's the more male way of organizing. But swapping is nicely arranged at MUA. Best of all worlds.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I love the new format and find it to be very user friendly and the members here are very friendly unlike on some boards. The other thing that makes Basenotes better than MUA is that on here, the members know what section to post the topics under, unlike on MUA where you visit the perfume board and it's full of off-topic subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry
    I think August is a vacation month for a lot of folks.
    Also, August is probably the period in which people are least interested in fragrances, because even the lightest stuff can cloy when its hot and humid. Im sure folks like Vijay can confirm that the dead of summer is a slow period in this biz. I expect a huge uptic in newbies and general traffic once the weather cools down.

I'm a new member in the last week and found you all by accident. Have no idea about your old set up.

Been looking for an active community that will talk intelligently about perfume and my first impressions have been very good.

My interest in fragrances is as a purchaser and admirer, not from a retailer or perfume snob perspective. You can see from my wardrobe my current tastes. I find that feature quite appealing as it has made me rethink my direction - might be time to be more adventurous in my purchases!

Still finding my feet here, with newbies its often about sharing common interests and getting a good experience in the new week.

Quote Originally Posted by WidgeryWinks
    I'm a new member in the last week and found you all by accident. Have no idea about your old set up.

Been looking for an active community that will talk intelligently about perfume and my first impressions have been very good.
    Welcome aboard WidgeryWinks
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Thank you for the welcome Vijay.

Your nic reminds me that even a serious subject like perfume needs a sense of humour!

^ Welcome WidgeryWinks! Keep a close eye on your pocketbook, basenotes can make your taste very expensive very quickly

Quote Originally Posted by WidgeryWinks
    Thank you for the welcome Vijay.

Your nic reminds me that even a serious subject like perfume needs a sense of humour!
    You are very welcome , and yes I try to be humorous in the serious world we live in.

By the way I just started, sort of humorous thread on the mens side regarding theories on how scents really got started. Definately need some funny theories from women in that thread.

Here is the link if your are interested:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=186040
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

I haven't posted a lot on Basenotes (I crosspost at POL) but I like the new format. And I'm not too fond of MUA because (even though I am freshly graduated myself) it's simply too juvenile sometimes.