Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Andy Tauer's "Orris" review...

Hey guys, check out my first official fragrance review of Andy's "Orris" on Marina's blog, Perfume Smellin'-Things this Saturday. I was one of the lucky few who wrote in and got a sample of this wonderful scent. It's not in production but it might be...some day.

http://perfumesmellinthings.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Andy Tauer's "Orris" review...

Alright, sounds great. I'm planning on writing my review of this fragrance for my own blog soon as well. Not that a whole lot of people here will understand what I'm saying though, since it is in Swedish

I was also one of the lucky few fortunately...

Post Thanks / Like

I happen to be a Tauer fan. Any of you want to elaborate on the fragrance? Is it anything like L'Air or Lonsome Memories? Thanks!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    I happen to be a Tauer fan. Any of you want to elaborate on the fragrance? Is it anything like L'Air or Lonsome Memories? Thanks!
    Well I guess it is a bit unfair that I haven't smelled any other juice from the man other than this one. So I can't really make a judgement like that. I've savoured my small sample and only tried it once, but I'm planning on sitting down an making a review of it soon enough.

Anyway, I do remember that when I first smelled it I thought to myself that without hesitation would I buy a full bottle of it, if it were available.

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    Well I guess it is a bit unfair that I haven't smelled any other juice from the man other than this one. So I can't really make a judgement like that. I've savoured my small sample and only tried it once, but I'm planning on sitting down an making a review of it soon enough.

Anyway, I do remember that when I first smelled it I thought to myself that without hesitation would I buy a full bottle of it, if it were available.
    Being a huge fan of iris smellies, I look forward to read your review Shifts, hoping you'll make comparison also with some juices I know and appreciate.

Orris is gorgeous - it does have a similarity to both Lonestar and l'Air in the basenotes (as well as some kind of link in the tops too). I swear it smells like Coca Cola would if it was a drink designed for aristocracy - at least at first. But I'm going on memory - I'm all out of Orris squirts...

Post Thanks / Like

Check out my review on Saturday but I will tell you that yes, they are similar. Marina, in her review, coined the word Tauerade (like Guerlainade) because the basenotes are so similar. Orris and Lonestar Memories are my two favorites. Orris is a smoky leather/rose and Lonestar is a smoky leather fragrance. I long for my own bottle of Lonestar Memories. Oh, it beautiful. It's very butch but nothing wrong with that. I would have to say that Orris is very feminine in that the rose lasts all the way into the base notes, which is hours.

I wish I lived in San Miguel...

Post Thanks / Like

Great review K!

I was one of the lucky ones to receive it as well. It reminded me somewhat of Czech & Speake's rare Dark Rose.

Post Thanks / Like

Prince Barry...you aren't the same Prince Barry that Andy talks about all the time on his blog are you?

I had a blast writing the review and I must say, I spent hours going through Andy's blogs (new and old) looking for information, only to find that I had missed a recent entry completely devoted to the scent. It is lovely, but I am sure it's very expensive to make. The list of ingredients is extensive and expensive!

leopoldo, San Miguel is a very small town. Lots of strange artist types (like me). It's also getting very expensive to live here because so many gringos are moving in. We are even getting our own film studio and Jack Nicklaus golf course. I guess all things must change.

Kelley

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am the same Prince Barry from Andy's blog.

Don't feel the need to bow, Kelley, PB is very modern royalty.

Perhaps I'll stick with Queretaro or Guanajuato then... Golf is not really my thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah Leo, you little scallywag. You know what happened last time you didn't bow, I told you to touch your forelock and you misheard what I said. The keeper of the Privy Purse is still shaking!

...with amazement and awe, I don't doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    Check out my review on Saturday but I will tell you that yes, they are similar. Marina, in her review, coined the word Tauerade (like Guerlainade) because the basenotes are so similar. Orris is very feminine in that the rose lasts all the way into the base notes, which is hours.
    I find the opening volume and diffusion and a distinct dry woody accord announce Andy's perfumes to me. I haven't smelled Lonestar yet, but I have the other three. The Orris is very heavy with vetiver, and nobody mentions it! Another facet of Andy's perfumes is that they do last hours. He wrote on his blog the other day that one test run was a scrubber because the darn thing lasted TOO long.
    Anya McCoy - http://anyasgarden.com/
    Best of the Best awards - Perfume: MoonDance, StarFlower, Amberess, Light, Royal Lotus and as
    Project Leader: Outlaw Perfume and Mystery of Musk
    Basic Perfumery Course with lifetime access to the websitehttp://perfumeclasses.com
    America's First Natural Perfume Line 1991
    First Artisan Perfumer Voted in as member of the American Society of Perfumery 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get vetiver at all or cinnamon or three quarters of what he lists on his blog. But then again, lots of the ingredients are scent chemicals that I have never smelled like Kephalis and Okoumal. Who knows, maybe it's my skin chemistry?