Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Testing Bois d Portugal currently...

My first experience with BdP wasnt that great either. It was a decant so I waited before reaching conclusions about it, decants can sometimes be off. When a Creed bottle arrived...completely different story. It is now one of my favorites, although many people cant really appreciate it.
    I also like hell for strong french roast Kenya AA coffee, 80% Dark Valhrona chocolate, 12ga Shotguns, Insanely fast sport bikes and a whole list of over the top predilections that most people would pass on, so it truly is a matter of preference. Bois du Portugal is one of those robust full tilt scents that will probably never appeal to most people.
    That might be one of the reasons I like it. Czech & Speake No88 is also in the same league, although its an entirely different scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Dawg
    Bois du Portugal is one of those robust full tilt scents that will probably never appeal to most people.
    That might be one of the reasons I really like it. Czech & Speake No88 is also in the same league, although its an entirely different scent.
    Perhaps BdP is rated a bit too highly here. It is an excellent fragrance, but I find myself reaching for Acier Aluminium, REL, GIT and MI more frequently.
    -

I, too, was disappointed when I tried BdP last January. I had such high hopes, but when I tried my sampler all I got was pungent lavender overkill! I do appreciate the scent's unique personality - I just wouldn't want to wear it.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Roja Dove

I wish I could wear BdP - but I don't feel like I live up to it. At first whiff I thought it smelled old and stuffy, but now I think it is liquid class. The lavender opening can be a bit of a challenge, but once it mellows and blends with all the delicious woods and spices this scent goes sublime. It is a little mature for me (23), but I certainly hope to "grow into it" someday.