Code of Conduct

Thread: fahrenheit

Default fahrenheit

Wearing this for the third time tonight and my appreciation grows with
    every wearing. A lot of reviews of fahrenheit mention a pretroleum smell
    and at first I agreed;but now after lightly spraying over a larger area that note is subdued. I now notice a faint wood and what must be honeysuckle with a nice greenness drying down to a mild leather with patchouli, and all the time that that fresh green note lingering to the very end.

Default Re: fahrenheit

If you like Farenheit you should sample Tommy Bahama next time you're at the fragrance counter. I find the two to share many woody notes, especially on the drydown.

Fahrenheit is quite unique really. I can't think of anything directly comparable (given that I have limited smelling experience, but anyway). The initial spray can be alarming, and quite heavily resinous, even petrol-like. But it dries down into something quite spectacular with an feeling of dark woods with a fire going on among the trees, smoldering and releasing sap resins. An intriguing scent.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Cool Re: fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by womble
    Wearing this for the third time tonight and my appreciation grows with
    every wearing. A lot of reviews of fahrenheit mention a pretroleum smell
    and at first I agreed;but now after lightly spraying over a larger area that note is subdued. I now notice a faint wood and what must be honeysuckle with a nice greenness drying down to a mild leather with patchouli, and all the time that that fresh green note lingering to the very end.
    You mich also like to consider trying Agatha Brown-Conquest,I believe that you like the benzoin note in it,that's in the basenotes.If you try Agatha Brown -Conquest you'll see what I'm talking about.
    I believe that Fahrenheit is one of The Scents to own for every serious perfume addict and not only.
    I have not bought one for a year now but I'll have to buy one soon cos I can't live without it!

This was one of my first fragrence purchases when it was originally released.

I recently smelled it after years and fell in love with all over again! It really is a special scent.

I may even purchase it again.

For years I hated Fahrenheit with a rare passion.

A couple of weeks ago I tested again after years of non exposure, and I think my feelings have changed. The front of it is still jarring, and still offensive, but the payoff about an hour into it is quite nice. It really is like nothing else out there. There are some unusual notes in it I don't regularly see in men's frags like Hawthorn and Iris.

I ended up grabbing a 50ml last week. I'll probably hate again it in a month.

This was my first "proper" fragrance.
    It is incredible. It develops beautifully. A lot of people here hate its opening, but I love it.

It is also surprisingly versatile. I have worn it in every conceivable situation / weather / season and it has never really felt out of place, but I would recommend it as a party fragrance for a BIG night out.

Fahrenheit is my favourite scent, but I never wear it. Its absolutely stunning when I first tried it - The sweet burned smell at the topnotes are just unlike anything out there - even till now. Completely masculine, yet flowery - its got this dark sombre personality that is very hard to describe. On the drydown, it brightnens and becoming more optimistic. The color gradient of the bottle really describe the scent very well.

The problem is, its too recognizable - the downfall of its uniqueness. I don't like scents that are easily recognize, but I love Fahrenheit like no other fragrances.

another fahrenheit fan checking in.
    i love it and can't get anough of it, and it's the only frag that got me the compliment from a woman that said to me: "it's like and aphrodisiac...i want to have sex with you" ...after this my jaw dropped, i just never thought that a frag could do this, but now i think that there were other things involved!
    anyways i have always liked it , the scent is very unique, and have the feeling that i always will like it.

Fahrenheit has slowly worked its way to the No. 1 spot with me.

When I first got Fahrenheit, the frag just disappeared on me. I got the honeysuckle, a bit of green and that was it. I think I overapplied it, and probably got some olfactory fatigue.

Now I get the full development... the gasoline/honeysuckle, the indescribable middle flowery notes and the sandalwood base.

I think what really puts people off are the top notes, and they do come off pretty strong at that. I am one of those wierdos who likes the smell of gasoline so this has not been much of an issue for me.

<Huffs some Fahrenheit>

The fragrance after the top notes becomes subtle so that may be why I missed the middle and base. It is not a linear frag at all, but it is one I had to get acquainted with. Since it does become subtle, I find it to be a great summer frag for work really. The strong top notes die off in the car on the way to work and by the time I'm there, the scent is just gently lingering around me.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

I'd say farenheit is the most easily and instantly recognizable fragrance I'm familiar with. That petrol smell is quite intense, but its still easy to appreciate this classic frag.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I love Fahrenheit (doesn't last too long on me though ). Another similar smell is Quimbaya (which is spicier, but similar).

Quote Originally Posted by perfectfeet
    I'd say farenheit is the most easily and instantly recognizable fragrance I'm familiar with. That petrol smell is quite intense, but its still easy to appreciate this classic frag.
    just a question about the list your sig there, shouldn't it say sean john unforgiveable