Code of Conduct

Default Chene or Cherugi?

There's no bigger fan here than me of Cherugi. When it was released at Scentiments for $72.00 a bottle, I was first in line, and consider it one of the best deals in my collection.

Chene, though, IMO, has it beat. It's more straightforward, not as feminine, less chaotic, not as heavy--seems to wear a little closer to the skin with still excellent projection and longetivity, and simply smells better to me.

Is Chene the next Lutens scent to join the import line?

Which do you prefer?

Default Re: Chene or Cherugi?

No, Fumerie Turque is next. I haven't tried Chene but would love to.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

Thrax

I assume Cherugi is Chergui's meaner twin brother?

I like chene a lot but I loooove Chergui. It's my number one seduction fragrance. Chene is nice and really different. Nothing else smells like it. My difficulty with it is that it's extremely linear and lasts for......ever. Chergui is my fave lutens right now.
    m
    p.s. anyone have a timetable on fumerie?

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Aged Yuppie
    Chene, though, IMO, has it beat. It's more straightforward, not as feminine, less chaotic, not as heavy--seems to wear a little closer to the skin with still excellent projection and longetivity, and simply smells better to me.
    I agree. The more I have smelled it, the more that Chene has won me over.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Aged Yuppie
    Is Chene the next Lutens scent to join the import line?
    This whole exclusive/export line is the one thing I do not like about Lutens. Strikes me as too pretentious. Of course, if I lived in Europe...

Talking Re: Chene or Cherugi?

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    I agree. The more I have smelled it, the more that Chene has won me over.

This whole exclusive/export line is the one thing I do not like about Lutens. Strikes me as too pretentious. Of course, if I lived in Europe...
    that'll teach you yanks to flatten paris in armageddon the asteroid probably took his shop out.

Chene is a bit too winey for me--the rum absolute and oak-bark tannins combine to me and = wine.

A few times, I have compared Chergui on one arm and Chene on the other arm, and Chergui has always proved most preferable, in my opinion. On my skin, Chergui is so wonderfully warm and attractive that it is difficult to keep myself from repeatedly raising my arm up to my nose to inhale its beautiful combination of hay, honey, rose, leather, tobacco, amber, musk, and sandalwood.

To me, Chene seems to be wood, wood, wood, and wood; in fact all wood, all the time. But, it is a handsome wood, and I do like Chene. I plan to continue test-wearing Chene in order to determine if I want to pursue a bottle of it.

M.A.Y.- I agree with your evaluation exactly. Welcome to Basenotes, btw.

Gracias my friend.