Code of Conduct

Default Another Creed purchase with weirdness

What's up with Creeds? My GIT purchase from ebay went weird (smells a little old) and now I bought SMW from Beautifulperfumes.com (mirror sites: perfumery.com and perfumebay.com). I bought a bunch of other stuff also and everything else is top-notch and I am happy with everything but the Creed has had the Serial #, Date and something which I am not sure off removed from the box. It was literally neatly cut out of the box (the cuts didn't break all the way through the paper but enough to remove whatever information was on it).
    The juice itself smells fine and it is a real bottle but why cut the info off?
    I guess it's because it's greymarket right?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

Default Re: Another Creed purchase with weirdness

"The juice itself smells fine and it is a real bottle but why cut the info off?"

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you. This is exactly why I will not buy Creed from Ebay. Too many "weird" things happen. I would only buy Creed from a store direct.

The SMW was bought an actual online store and not ebay.

m
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",

Quote Originally Posted by mentallo
    The juice itself smells fine and it is a real bottle but why cut the info off?
    So that you can get the "discount" as opposed to buying direct from an authorised distributor. You have a bottle of Creed that was meant for another part of the world. Hmmm... perhaps the Far East, like Singapore, in which case, it's mine and i want it back!!!

when you are saying 'from ebay' please go ahead and name the seller...

Its not just the Creeds. I have bought some stuff from perfumebay and the bottle and/or the boxes have had some alterations - the juice smells great, but sometimes the label is missing, or some dates cut out/removed.

I bet its all gray market stuff. If you dont want to deal with all this, head down to your local neiman-marcus or macy's and pay top dollar for the cute SA who smiles at you but knows nothing about what shes trying to sell you.
    -

I presume the seller is trying to hide his source but removing traceable detail. If the juice is good why worry?

edit - if fact this is pretty good indication that the juice is real.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I got that bottle of GIT from "njbestsale" on ebay

for njbestsale on toolhaus I get:

User ID invalid

The user ID you entered was not found. Please check the User ID and try again.
    Total: 0 Negative or Neutral
    That took 0:00 (user 0.46, sys 0.05)

=======

yes box being cut out is a good sign a "cut out" explains discount. only... it could be arabic cut out to hide that it spent time in the desert frying!

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    head down to your local neiman-marcus or macy's and pay top dollar for the cute SA who smiles at you but knows nothing about what shes trying to sell you.
    Well...you are also paying for the knowledge that you are buying product from a recognized distributor and the product probably has not been sitting or 6 years in a hot warehouse unsold and collecting dust in who knows what type of conditions. You are also paying for the knowledge that if you do go home and the bottle 'smells weird' you can easily take it back and get another without any problems. I find some Creeeds so tempermental that I take it out of the box at the sales counter and try it before I leave. THAT is worth a few extra bucks for me. I do think it says something that I don't feel compelled to do that for any other fragrance out there. Just Creed. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Trasker
    Well...you are also paying for the knowledge that you are buying product from a recognized distributor and the product probably has not been sitting or 6 years in a hot warehouse unsold and collecting dust in who knows what type of conditions. You are also paying for the knowledge that if you do go home and the bottle 'smells weird' you can easily take it back and get another without any problems. I find some Creeeds so tempermental that I take it out of the box at the sales counter and try it before I leave. THAT is worth a few extra bucks for me. I do think it says something that I don't feel compelled to do that for any other fragrance out there. Just Creed. Hmm.

The sentence that you quoted starts with "if you dont want to deal with all this..." - which implies all that you said.
    -

Cool Re: Another Creed purchase with weirdness

Quote Originally Posted by mentallo
    I got that bottle of GIT from "njbestsale" on ebay
    Thanks for making my day!lol)
    I;m currently waiting for a bottle of GIT from njbestale.
    I asked him a few questions about it before buying and he said that he had no complaints about any of his fragrances and anyway I can send it back to him for a refund.
    I guess I'll just have to wait a couple more days.
    I'll let you know the outcome of my waiting in a few days time,we can then compare the frags.
    What did you mean by saying that the frag went a bit odd?...Is there really something wrong with the juice or?...
    I also think that we should do a sticky post with repputable sellers online,something whenever someone buys something off ebay to post it here,even photos and stuff.

FYI If you search for GIT on ebay, there are 2 bottles up for sale with this suspicious seller. One is from njbestsale888 with feedback of 3, and one is from njbestsale1000 with feedback of 0.

I'm not sure what number was after the 2 mentioned previously, but this sounds very very fishy to me that the same seller is using multiple names with little or no feedback

My SMW has a weird inky peppery bitter and synthetic note when I first spray it on.. Is it supposed to smell this way?

Apparently this njbestsale guy is having some problems with ebay and paypal. 2 weeks ago we agreed that he would refund me $10 off the price I paid ($60) of the GIT because I felt that it was a little weird (maybe not fake but old or whatever) but he has yet to refund the money to me. I wrote a email to him last week asking where the refund is and he told me in a very desperate sounding reply that he is having great problems with PayPal and if I coud wait a little longer. Since njbestsale (with no numbers after it) does not show up as a registered user anymore on ebay I think something bad must have happened. Maybe too many complaints or something but he is still using the njbestsalename with the different numbers after it.

Personally I think all this seems very starnge and you will take a gamble buying from this guy.

Cool Re: Another Creed purchase with weirdness

Quote Originally Posted by markc
    FYI If you search for GIT on ebay, there are 2 bottles up for sale with this suspicious seller. One is from njbestsale888 with feedback of 3, and one is from njbestsale1000 with feedback of 0.

I'm not sure what number was after the 2 mentioned previously, but this sounds very very fishy to me that the same seller is using multiple names with little or no feedback
    It's actually njbestsale900 and he's got a feedback rating of 82 with only 2 negative feedbacks.
    I have yet to receive my GIT,but I hope there's nothing wrong with it,if there is I'll ask for a refund straight away but hopefully I won't have to.
    He's sold too many Creeds and no one complained about it beeing odd or old and stuff like that.However I have to trust our fellow basenoter Mentallo,and his oppinion is worthing much more than 70 more other who maybe had never smelled or owned any Creeds.
    That's why I beleive the moderators should do a sticky thread where anyone can post feedbacks and their impressions with regards to sellers and fragrances they're selling.Anyone with me?

I would agreed that SMW can smell inky but most of what you should be getting , especially when it dries down is tea and berries. Not a sweet sort of berry, but one that is very light and compliments the tea very well. Personally, the scent reminds me of a very intense rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Xen
    My SMW has a weird inky peppery bitter and synthetic note when I first spray it on.. Is it supposed to smell this way?

as has been pointed out before, feedback of less than like 99.5 is a bad sign. the vast majority of buyers don't know from nothin and are happy with a knockoff, I'm keenly aware of this in fashion goods from hong kong it's all fake and they all have high feedback cause people think they got a great deal.

mentallo I can't even believe you bought an el cheapo creed from ebay after all the times this has been discussed here!

I wonder if the refund is going to come back if the $10 didn't even.

I think a seller having 2 ids is a VERY BAD SIGN!!! also like if they'v hardly sold anything less than a few hundred items . .. I'd demure!

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    The sentence that you quoted starts with "if you dont want to deal with all this..." - which implies all that you said.
    True, but since this is a topic that comes up with increasing regularity I thought bore out some elaboration as you are buying more than the help of a sometimes annoying SA. You are buying peace of mind. Some prefer the game of saving a few dollars on this house, however. To each his own.