Code of Conduct

Default Narrow down the winner for me

Contenders:

Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque

Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan

Tauer L'Air du desert Morrocaan (have not smelt)

Malle's Noir Epices (have not smelt)

Malle's Musc Ravaguer (peters out at 3 hours on me, very vanilla)

Miller Harris Feiulles de Tabac (lighter than the SL, but lasts more than the Musc Rav and Wife liked it best)

It is going to be between these as I do like the Fumerie best but I can see it being something that may not work all the time.

My lineup for now until Spring is MPG Eau Des Iles and today I am ordering Floris Santal over Armani Code.

Thoughts, comments and wishes?

Sam

Default Re: Narrow down the winner for me

ambre sultan, you neglected it in so many of your posts.

I also am getting a half bottle from ebay so we can be cousins.

Must admit that I am quite biased towards Andy Tauer's wonderful scent, it is very strong and smokey and quite wonderful.

I found that the Feuilles by Miller Harris was nice, but after a while, one of the notes in it started to irritate my nose. But if the wife likes it, better keep her happy.

I also like the Ambre Sultan, but it isn't a scent that could be worn everyday or for the office, unless you don't give a damn like me and I wear anything for work.

Well, other than running into Chik Filet for a biscuit, between the time I put it on and see anyone is about 90 minutes. Plenty of time for something to wear down. I do want something that will last and the FT just goes. However, for about the same money, you get twice as much MIller Harris. The Lair is cheaper than all of them I think. MY Santal by Floris is $42 for 3.4 ounces delivered to me.

I am getting some L'Air and dont know about Noir. Ill be able to test all of them one evening by applying to the wrist and then the elbow, 4 scents in all, and I can compare initial feeling, middle after 3 hours, and then when I wake up. I will say that Chergui was there after 12 hours.

The L'Air sounds like what I want. If the Miller Harris had a bit more depth, more smoke and tobacco, and lasted like SL, Id have 2 bottles. I have Eau Des Iles and it does have more depth and more long-lasting juice than Miller Harris. Eau Des Iles on me is like smokey coffee and a bit of honey.

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan
    Contenders:

Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque

Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan

Tauer L'Air du desert Morrocaan (have not smelt)

Malle's Noir Epices (have not smelt)

Malle's Musc Ravaguer (peters out at 3 hours on me, very vanilla)

Miller Harris Feiulles de Tabac (lighter than the SL, but lasts more than the Musc Rav and Wife liked it best)

It is going to be between these as I do like the Fumerie best but I can see it being something that may not work all the time.

My lineup for now until Spring is MPG Eau Des Iles and today I am ordering Floris Santal over Armani Code.

Thoughts, comments and wishes?

Sam
    good idea on the floris, as far as a rec... wow.. its hard to choose here with this list, love all your SL choices almost equally! and I do like noir epices as well... I can't narrow it down all the way but I can help you narrow it down to those four

Overcome By Fumes

Fumerie Turque, easily.

Trust your instincts, man! When would FT not work?

Docluv: I am thinking of getting Fumerie in any event. Could be a year round scent, or special events, and let Floris be either the fall-winter or year round.

So what else?

Docluv: I am thinking of getting Fumerie in any event. Could be a year round scent, or special events, and let Floris be either the fall-winter or year round.

So what else?
    theres something special about ambre sultan... you could use it as your going out frag, if you leave FT and Floris as your day to days

Serpent

Oh, geez, so much equivocation. Being pulled this way and that by so many people, so many opinions. It looks like I'm going to have to take charge...

You will buy NOIR EPICES!

Serpent has spoken. So let it be written, so let it be done!

P.S.: Rooms should smell like Ambre Sultan. Not people.

Only ones I've sampled are L'Air and Noir Epices. L'Air isn't bad but it's not the stark beauty that Noir Epices is. So I guess I'd support Serpent on his commandment.

But Noir is sorta sad. A melancholy man with a fire still beating within but slowly turning to ash and embers before the cold embrace of death.

Ok, that's probably overexaggerating it a bit. But I could imagine Poe wearing this if it had been around.

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by FragranceFan255
    So I guess I'd support Serpent on his commandment.
    You guess? Don't make me get on a plane!

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    No, no. After that venomous outtake on Kiton you clearly slithered off one.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry
    Must admit that I am quite biased towards Andy Tauer's wonderful scent, it is very strong and smokey and quite wonderful.
    Me, too! L'Air gets my vote. I think it is more versatile than any of your other choices.

I would get Fumerie Turque. It is such a lovely scent and is something I would buy instantly. I have read your posts on it and you seem to love it.

I think I am getting Fumerie anyway. Id love Miller Harris's Tabac if it was a deeper and longer lasting fragrance. Any chance L'Air is like that?

How does Le Dandy by d'Orsay figure in with these?

Tauer's L'Air du Desert Moraccan
    Serge Luten's Fumerie Turque
    Luten's Ambre Sultan
    Malle's Epices Noir
    Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac

Fumerie is good. Ambre, well a tad spicer but not smokey. The Tabac, maybe a little too clean, but if it had more longevity. I have not smelt the Noir or the L'Air

It sounds like you already know what you want to do. You know you want the FT. And your wife really likes the Feuilles de Tabac. So get those 2.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

It may end up that way, DJB, but not having smelled the others, I want to make sure that I am not getting something over something I would like better.

Finsfan, the title of your thread is narrow down the winner for me. I think it would be nice if you'd narrow down the winner for us. A reader's glance at this thread will shows a lot about narrowing.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Last edited by pluran; 3rd November 2006 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    Snake on a plane?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I have a sample of the L'Air coming, and I have the Ambre and the Fumerie. I have pre-ordered the Fumerie from Barneys. I do like the Miller Harris. Would like to get the Noir to try. If it or the L'Air struck my fancy, I might change. I did order some Floris Santal for $42 delivered for an all-year round, casual cologne (say run to dinner on the spur when we get home, or Saturday morning to run errands). I even considered Le Dandy, but cinammon figs may not cut it.

I have a sample of the L'Air coming, and I have the Ambre and the Fumerie. I have pre-ordered the Fumerie from Barneys. I do like the Miller Harris. Would like to get the Noir to try. If it or the L'Air struck my fancy, I might change. I did order some Floris Santal for $42 delivered for an all-year round, casual cologne (say run to dinner on the spur when we get home, or Saturday morning to run errands). I even considered Le Dandy, but cinammon figs may not cut it.
    I caught that Floris Santal as well, great sale, great cologne.

I'm not sold on the Fumerie Turque. Might be the hot and humid weather here in NYC...