Code of Conduct

Question RUMOR: New Thierry Mugler men's scent delayed until early '07?

Being the fan of Thierry Mugler fragrances that I am, I was wondering why I hadn't heard much, if anything, about the rumored new Thierry Mugler men's scent that was supposed to be launched this fall.

But I heard a rumor today from an SA at Von Maur (who knows the local Thierry Mugler Parfums/Clarins Fragrance Group rep very well). She said that the product is ready to go, but the worldwide launch has been delayed until early 2007. She didn't provide me with reasons for the delay, though. However, the Mugler rep is coming in this coming Friday to talk about the Alien marketing plans for that particular store, and she'll ask then.

Anyhoo, let's all hope that the new scent won't be called C*Men or D*Men. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if this one is called Alien Men, as I've heard that name floating around.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: RUMOR: New Thierry Mugler men's scent delayed until early '07?

actually Mugler never planned releasing the new masculine in 2006, as they had to manage the release of Alien, The Rose Angel and the Summer Flash Colognes. And it makes a lot of new things for a brand like Mugler (compare it to Boss LOL). So they have a new masculine ready "a revolutionary concept, astonishing, an amazing bottle, original smell", and they planned to release it next year.
    Things might change, because the amazing Vera Strubi, the big boss of Mugler parfums is retiring, so who the hell knows what's gonna happen!
    La Science des RÍves

Quote Originally Posted by MCocteau
    So they have a new masculine ready "a revolutionary concept, astonishing, an amazing bottle, original smell", and they planned to release it next year.
    Things might change, because the amazing Vera Strubi, the big boss of Mugler parfums is retiring, so who the hell knows what's gonna happen!
    Maybe she wants to retire from Thierry Mugler Parfums with a big bang? After all, many execs in many industries like doing that.

For example, Dick Kinzel, the CEO of Cedar Fair (the #3 US amusement park operator) is retiring soon. His retirement is coming in January, but he just bought Paramount Parks from CBS and will announce another record-breaking roller coaster at Cedar Point (the company's flagship park) next month.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by MCocteau
    So they have a new masculine ready "a revolutionary concept, astonishing, an amazing bottle, original smell"
    I'll believe it when I see and smell it. After all, B*Men was just the woody portion of Angel Men's base chopped out with some fresher, green top notes - a rather lazy, boring scent. And Alien? It's Eau de Bounce, smelling like Castelbajac's fabric softener dryer sheets without the benefit if that fragrance's fun top notes, all housed in a tacky flacon that makes me think of something Elizabeth Taylor's Passion would be relaunched in. Mugler's been on a downward slope lately.

WWD annouced today that Aura part of the "Das Parfum" collector box will be released in the main line. Maybe Aura is unisex.

More info: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=186682

What is revolutionary is that Aura is meant to be used as an intensifier for other fragrances.
    Last edited by cedriceccentric; 29th September 2006 at 08:07 AM.