Code of Conduct

Thread: Lavender waters

Default Lavender waters

Anyone have any suggestions or opinions on these? Thanks.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Default Re: Lavender waters

I bought the Yardley Lavender some days ago. It smells exactly like the soap they make.
    Last edited by dr.creed; 26th August 2006 at 10:56 PM.
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Blog Entries

Lavender waters are so classic and refreshing, especially in wamer weather but are probably considered a bit 'old fashioned' by many.

I love the fougere green edge of lavender and the wonderful chocolatey base tones but suffer with the dreaded lack of longevity lavender has.

I tend to dose / layer my lavender scents with pure lavender EO as well as body products to promote staying power.

I have Yardley English Lavender Cologne and Woods of Windsor lavender. Sadly neither lasts long on my skin. I usually get my lavender kick from fougere blends like Crown Fougere, Guerlain Jicky and Penhaligon's English Fern. Serge Lutens Gris Clair features a wonderful fresh lavender over warm woods, whilst Caron pour Un Homme draws out lavenders more gourmand, chocolatey elements.

Many find that Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur has a distinct lavender topnote, but I personally find that it is too well blended to be considered a feature of the blend.

Sorry, if this is no help.

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

thanks. I have royal scottish lavender which I love and wear but I am looking for an inexpensive lavender to throw around, put in the bath etc. I quite like trumpers' one but haven't tried many so thought I would ask or opinions.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    thanks. I have royal scottish lavender which I love and wear but I am looking for an inexpensive lavender to throw around, put in the bath etc. I quite like trumpers' one but haven't tried many so thought I would ask or opinions.
    You might try Puig - Agua Lavanda. It is not necessarily easy to find in the US, but when you do find it, it is dirt cheap. I think I got 2.5 oz @ $8, but you could probably find it for even cheaper & at greater amount.

Duration is minimal of course. I find the spikiness of lavender in this is muted by some sweet notes, perhaps even rosemary.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Floris's Lavender is very nice. Also whilst your at Floris, take a sniff of their Malmaison.....beautiful!