Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Your top 3 should they be discontinued?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Would you pay any amount to have them?

6 10.53%
  • Would you exhaust multiple search engines and EBay?

37 64.91%
  • Would you travel to find them?

16 28.07%
  • Would you give up and purchase new scents?

7 12.28%
  • Would you stock up if you knew these were going to be discontinued?

43 75.44%
  • Would you look for new and similar classificatins in new scents?

12 21.05%
  • Would you nurse what you have sparingly over a long period of time?

25 43.86%
  • Would you give up altogether?

1 1.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Question Question? The 3 you couldn't bear to part with?

Hello all,

I was curious. As so many fragrances come and go in such a short time span these days, I was wondering, hypothetically, if you could no longer purchase your current all-time three favourite scents anymore, I mean they were no longer being manufactured, available in stores, ....beyond vintage....which ones would they be? What lengths would you go to, to track these down?

What couldn't you bear to live without?

Marian Bendeth
    "Fragrance weaves a necklace of perfumed memories" M.B.
    "If perfume be the food of love, spray on' M.B.

Thrax

Default Re: Question? The 3 you couldn't bear to part with?

Opium PH EDP
    PI
    Nemo

Serpent

1. Kingdom
    2. Pour un Homme
    3. Messe de Minuit

Eau des Merveilles
    Kingdom
    Premier figuier

Blog Entries

I would hope to get advanced warning that 3 of my faves were going to be discontinued, & my #1 answer in your list is that I would definately stockpile.

Which reminds me...a SA @ Hall's told me that Bvlgari Black was going to be discontinued shortly...and yet it's still on the Bulgari website, & still available @ many stores. Is there any shred of truth to the claim that it was going to be discontinued, or were they just trying to schlep me a back up bottle?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    Which reminds me...a SA @ Hall's told me that Bvlgari Black was going to be discontinued shortly...and yet it's still on the Bulgari website, & still available @ many stores. Is there any shred of truth to the claim that it was going to be discontinued, or were they just trying to schlep me a back up bottle?
    The most important thing to remember about discontinuation rumors from sales associates: That almost never know what they're talking about. Many assume that just because a scent isn't being carried at their store, it's completely discontinued. Or, more sinisterly, they will tell customers it's completely dead and gone to get customers to stop looking for it so they can peddle scents their store carries.

The fact that Black has been taken out of so many stores an put in TJ Maxx so much doesn't bode well, but it's still sold in Sephora, which is a very good sign.

Dior Homme, Black Cashmere, Jaipur edp

I'd be disappointed but it doesn't matter.
    I have so many damn frags right now if my top 3 were gone others would fill the void pretty rapidly.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

I love how no one voted for giving up. Thta is not like us people here.

Tea for Two
    Dior Homme
    Mechant Loup

Quote Originally Posted by MisterK
    I'd be disappointed but it doesn't matter.
    I have so many damn frags right now if my top 3 were gone others would fill the void pretty rapidly.
    I don't have that much at all, but the doors of shops are always open, and the new scents -I do hope- would fill the gap. I can't take scents that serious.

Eau des Merveilles
    Vétiver Extraordinaire (which I FINALLY ordered yesterday)
    Chergui

I can't! I just can't narrow it down to THREE. I can't do it!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

I notice some of you wear Eau des Merveilles, Kingdom and Cashmere Mist...which are women's scents....just curious...are you males that enjoy wearing women's scents? women who wear men's scents? or do you see these scents as shared?

This will inspire a new poll!

Marian Bendeth
    "Fragrance weaves a necklace of perfumed memories" M.B.
    "If perfume be the food of love, spray on' M.B.

Three favs-

Acqua di parma
    R de Capucci
    Selection verte
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

To date the 3 on my lists:

Carnal Flower
    Noir Epices both by Frederic Malle
    Feuille Verte by Olivier Creed

and very close tie Bois D' Argent by Christian Dior
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    I would hope to get advanced warning that 3 of my faves were going to be discontinued, & my #1 answer in your list is that I would definately stockpile.

Out of curiosity, where on the Bvlgari website did you see anything about Black? I couldn't find it -- a link would be appreciated. Also, I really doubt this would be discontinued, Bvlgari hasn't discontinued any of their fragrances, and Black seems fairly popular. I also REALLY doubt that Bvlgari would preannounce a discontinuation, particularly to retailers. The fact that the stuff is sold at Marshalls, etc only shows that this stuff has entered all distribution channels -- that's why even the most popular Bvlgari PH can be had for under $30 for the big boy all over the NY discount shops and Ebay. That's surely not being discontinued. In short, I think the SA was full of BS. Still would like to check it out on the website.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scentinell
    Out of curiosity, where on the Bvlgari website did you see anything about Black? I couldn't find it -- a link would be appreciated.
    Well, I can't really give you a link 'cause when you go to their website, & choose your language, it takes you to a totally different screen where everything is done in flash (I think). But as soon as you get to this screen, click on "fragrances" down @ the bottom, & then you'll be able to click the link about Black.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Sillage6
    I notice some of you wear Eau des Merveilles, Kingdom and Cashmere Mist...which are women's scents....just curious...are you males that enjoy wearing women's scents? women who wear men's scents? or do you see these scents as shared?
    Kingdom, Black Cashmere (not Cashmere Mist), Scent Intense (yet to be listed here), and Eau des Merveilles are probably the four most commonly worn female scents amongst the male population here. The former three have actually been sold at some locations on men's counters as unisex scents, even though they were originally created as female-exclusive fragrances. (I have yet to see the Hermès scent migrate to a men's counter, which is an unwise move on both Hermès' part and many department stores, but so be it.)

Old Spice
    Boucheron PH
    Salvatore Ferragamo Subtil PH

Sillage6, that's a slippery slope. We have this discussion every now and then and it usually turns ugly. I don't look at it as marketed to women or men and instead, I just wear what I like. I have several scents marketed to women but couldn't it be that the marketing firm just made a mistake? When I finally let go of my sexist beliefs and decided to walk over to the women's fragrance counters, I more than doubled my fragrance choices. Granted, I can't wear florals because most give me a headache but there are others that are simply wonderful. I am not picky, I will get my fragrance fix wherever I can!

Terre d'Hermes
    Creed GIT
    Bond Central Park

This is strangely synchronous. Over the weekend I was thinking about preserving my stash of JHL (2x100mL). I went down into my basement storage and found my old college dorm fridge. It needs cleaning, but once that is complete, I intend to press it into service to preserve fragrances.

I can't pick just three...

Musc Ravageur
    Azzaro PH
    PdN New York