Code of Conduct

Question Lagerfeld PHOTO or Lagerfeld CLASSiC

I am getting both these perfumes dirt cheap A$20...Which of the two should be bot...or u think both of them can be grabbed @ this price...i cant sampple them though.....personally i dont understand/identify the individual notes in a perfume but i like

Eternity.....JAzz......Live jAzz.....CK one....Essenza.....ADG......Rive Gauche.....YSL ph.......Paris Hilton....Tsar....Ferrari Black....

So can we make any correlation between the ones i like above and the twin Lagerfeld's?

Default Re: Lagerfeld PHOTO or Lagerfeld CLASSiC

For that price, I think you should get both. They are each of a kind, and approaching classic status. With the two, you would be covered for most situations. However, if you only wish to select one, I would opt for Photo.

Jeff

My thinking is that if you like Jazz you'll like Photo, especially if it is the older stuff. It is a subtle spicy leathery laurely (OK I made up that word) frag if it is the old stuff (look for the multicolored numbers and f-stops on the box like a photo lens). The newer stuff is really just like a plum frag, like Magnetism without the depth. This has the grey box with no colors on the f-stops. This is one where there is a world of difference between new & old frags, not a subtle difference like Guerlain Vetiver.

Lagerfeld Classic is powdery; it really seems like a love it or hate it frag. Personally I could do without it although I don't mind powdery frags. It also has the magic ability to die on my skin. I prefer Royal Copenhagen for this type of frag.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Lagerfeld Classic makes me sick. Its the only fragrance I own that turns my stomach.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Excuse my simplicity; but I just say both. They both are great ones in their own special way.

ps. in my experience, Lagerfeld Classic is the one which gets more compliments from women than any other scent. That is if you`re reasonably easy on the trigger...

Hmmm... Lagerfeld Photo or Lagerfeld Classic?

Lagerfeld JAKO!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gupts
    I am getting both these perfumes dirt cheap A$20...Which of the two should be bot...or u think both of them can be grabbed @ this price...i cant sampple them though.....personally i dont understand/identify the individual notes in a perfume but i like

Eternity.....JAzz......Live jAzz.....CK one....Essenza.....ADG......Rive Gauche.....YSL ph.......Paris Hilton....Tsar....Ferrari Black....

So can we make any correlation between the ones i like above and the twin Lagerfeld's?
    Photo is in the same sort of fragrance category as Eternity, Jazz, Tsar, Rive Gauche - and is super long lasting. It all depends on how partial you are to the laurel - I find it discordant, but I keep going back to sniff it.

Classic I didn't like for a long, long time. It's an old style oriental, and for some weird reason some women like powdery scents. Royal Copenhagen is the better in the powdery stakes, but Classic lasts much longer on me.
    Renato

My vote also goes to Photo. For that price I say get it if it is in fact (as MisterK mentions) the old (original) one. A nice frag indeed...
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

When u say 'OLD" Photo...that is the original...hows it a diff frag from the new...i mean did they change the juice without changing the name? well it aint comin in a box...comes without a lid...so i wudnt know...tis just that since its just 20 bucks & Lagerfeld sounded like an impressive name here...i thot i mite as well take it....the "Classic" sounds like its a dangerous thing but if it isnt as bad as ' Platinum Egoiste' id take it...the comparison isnt to show that they r identical in any way but it just shows my disappointment with the chanel that i just tried yesterday....

Quote Originally Posted by MisterK
    My thinking is that if you like Jazz you'll like Photo, especially if it is the older stuff. It is a subtle spicy leathery laurely (OK I made up that word) frag if it is the old stuff (look for the multicolored numbers and f-stops on the box like a photo lens). The newer stuff is really just like a plum frag, like Magnetism without the depth. This has the grey box with no colors on the f-stops. This is one where there is a world of difference between new & old frags, not a subtle difference like Guerlain Vetiver.

Lagerfeld Classic is powdery; it really seems like a love it or hate it frag. Personally I could do without it although I don't mind powdery frags. It also has the magic ability to die on my skin. I prefer Royal Copenhagen for this type of frag.
    K
    If you could explain to me what exactly do you mean when you say the scent is powdery itd be great...i am a novice here and not too well versed with the technical lingo....thanx

gupts

Have you tried Brit? That is a current day frag that is powdery.. smooth, creamy smell like powder.

BTW, women seem to really like Lagerfeld.

If you could explain to me what exactly do you mean when you say the scent is powdery itd be great...i am a novice here and not too well versed with the technical lingo....thanx

gupts
    If you use Lagerfeld Classic, Royal Copenhagen and to a lesser extent Jako and numerous other scents, it smells a bit like you've just applied talcum powder.
    Renato

gupts
    Lagerfeld Classic smells like baby powder on my skin (I don't know if you've smelled Johnson's Baby Powder or not, but that is what I'm going after.) I wish I could get some more spice notes out of it, but I just can't detect them. I have the same issue with Amouage Gold.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Classic is very cheap here in the UK (£15.00 for 240ml!!, a good thing as you can try it cheaply then sell it, as I did). I think it is not too great: powdery and linear, it lasts a long time, though. Photo is better, although I found it a little cloying, again, it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterK

K
    So that explains it! I had a sample of Photo and I liked it so I ordered a bottle. I got the new one and the scent was a disappointment.

I love Lagerfeld Classic because of the opoponex--one of my favorite notes. I don't mind powder in a otherwise strongly masculine scent.