Code of Conduct

Thread: New L'Homme YSL

Default New L'Homme YSL

Well, let's get the boards riled up once more.

My trusted SA has just told me that the new YSL L'Homme is fantastic. She had just gone to a class for it. As she knows how picky I am I doubt she'd try to flog it on me so casually.

We will wait and see.
    Last edited by graffham; 29th August 2006 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Typo

Serpent

Default Re: New L'Homme YSL

I just got XS in a swap; I'd never tried XS before, but I'd say it's in the same general area at the new L'Homme but more... awake. L'Homme is XS without the excess, maybe?

The bottle of YSL's L'homme reminds me a lot of the now-deceased Monsieur Lanvin. only the new bottle is not hexagonal, and the cap is silver-y.
    Remeber the ad?

"absolutely no flowers."

FYI Guys:

The new men's perfume by Yves Saint Laurent, L'Homme, is described as a masculine floral oriental. It aims to be an elegant mainstream yet sensual perfume. The face for the product is French actor Olivier Martinez.The fragrance was created by Pierre Wargnye, Anne Flipo, and Dominique Ropion. According to Wargnye, [It's] a contrast between some typical masculine notes and then an almost floating mystery of flowers [...] When you bring a touch of femininity to a very masculine scent, you increase its sensuality."

"The juice comprises notes of cedar wood, tonka bean, violet leaves, basil flowers, white pepper, ginger and vetiver. The yellow-tinted fragrance comes in a heavy glass, rounded bottle topped with a steel cap shaped like a hexagonal metal bolt, to reinforce the theme of contrasts evoked by the juice."

"It is inspired by Bauhaus, modern art from the Thirties," said Voin. "The shape is a mixture of when art and industry meet. There is a sober, rounded, simple bottle and then a metallic hexagonal, very masculine, cap."

The eau de toilette will retail for $65 and $49 and will be available at all Bloomingdale's stores from September 15 2006.

I always find it confusing why the fragrance industry puts so much emphasis on the meaning of the bottle design when a fragrance is released.

Who gives? Do they think we pick our smells by what shape will look good in a picture of the clutter on our dressers?

By my count from Mario's quotations, the publicity uses 23 words on the juice and 62 on the container.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Sampled it at Le Bon Marché in Paris. At first smell I would say it's well composed but very, very boring. Plus it has an ozonic opening which is a big turn-off for me.
    Love the bottle and packaging though.

Anyway, still much better than that awful Euphoria Men.

Beautiful bottle, and a great scent but obviously meant to be commercial not as unique as other YSL scents.

Quote Originally Posted by FragranceBoy
    Beautiful bottle, and a great scent but obviously meant to be commercial not as unique as other YSL scents.
    Maybe its unique in the sense that its not way-out-there like other YSL offerings ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    Who gives? Do they think we pick our smells by what shape will look good in a picture of the clutter on our dressers?
    I'll admit I've bought a few frags just for the bottle. I would have never even considered Davidoff Echo if it weren't for it's beautifully curvy bottle.

But more to the point, I'm really hoping the best for the new YSL. I have yet to smell a YSL I didn't absolutely love.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    I just got XS in a swap; I'd never tried XS before, but I'd say it's in the same general area at the new L'Homme but more... awake. L'Homme is XS without the excess, maybe?
    I smelled XS the other day and I must admit, I like it. I'll have to 'test' it again before I decide on getting a bottle.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    I smelled XS the other day and I must admit, I like it. I'll have to 'test' it again before I decide on getting a bottle.
    Seriously: Wait to smell L'Homme in the flesh. Don't buy it blind.