Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Washington DC?

Default Re: Washington DC?

I went to both Art of Flowers and Parfums de France today. Art of Flowers was good, but the guy who was working there was not all that helpful. Nevertheless, they did have a good selection of Serge Lutens, Yosh, ELDO and several others I have not seen in the area. I ended up with a bottle of ELDO Tom of Finland.

Parfums de France was really great. Sammy was working and he was fabulous. Sammy took the time to show me a whole lot of different things including a bunch of Montale. Sammy has a ton of stuff in his little shop including a bunch of rare and discontinued stuff. Sammy also carries a bunch of higher end niche stuff like Montale, Amouge, Clive and others. This is a really great shop, and Sammy is wonderful and very knowledgable about his product. Sammy also told me that he can order anything he doesn't have in the store. I ended up leaving the store with two bottles of Montale (Blue Amber and Dark Oud). Sammy gave me a good deal on the two bottles and threw in a bunch of samples of other stuff I was interested in; really generous.

Both of these shops are great and worth visiting, but Parfums de France is a must of you're in the area.

Was back at Art of Flowers this weekend and noticed that almost all of their fragrances are 25% off, including Amouage, ELDO and Yosh

FYI: The Saks 5th Ave in Friendship Heights now has a By Kilian counter.
    “Women waste so much time wearing no perfume. As for me, in every step that I have taken in life, I have been accompanied by an exquisite perfume!”

― C. JoyBell C.

Did my yearly trip out to Tysons. Art of flowers has some Artisan Parfumeur creams on sale, as well as a patchouli patch half price (they don't seem to carry the line anymore). Also some Artisan-Bottega Veneta candles (you pay dearly for the intrecciato candle holder).

Parfums de France had some stuff on sale. I got a 100ml Vacances for $40. I also saw a Troisieme homme, 50ml old bottle that I had missed before-for $50 it was mine. And the owner offered me 30ml Bandit parfum for $150, which I wasn't really able to reject.

cacio

Basenotes Plus

Sounds like a good day. Congrats on the Bandit.

I saw today Arquiste at a clothing store on Cody's alley in front of Leopold's bakery. (Resmelling confirmed that it is not my favorite line).

Unfortunately, Bluemercury in Georgetown seems to have eliminated the Serge Lutens. One will have to go to the outer edges of suburbia to smell them then (though if they finally extend the subway line, it won't be that bad).

cacio

Parfums de France in Tysons Corner Mall now carries the entire Mancera Line of Fragrances!! This is as well as Montale, Amouage, Clive Christian, and many other niche brands. Sammy continues to be very accommodating and helpful.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I was there a couple of weeks ago. their supply of Insense is going down, thanks to a particular BNer.

Is Art with flowers still open in tysons 2? I didn't see it

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Is Art with flowers still open in tysons 2? I didn't see it

cacio
    They went out of business earlier this summer.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Parfums de France at Tysons Corner is now carrying the Parfums de Marly line of fragrances.

Basenotes Member

I took a little trip to the Leesburg outlets this weekend and it was a total waste of time. Barneys and Saks carried no fragrances and the Fragrance Outlet was a huge let-down.

Yes the prospects of finding anything of remote interest there are dismal. Tysons Galeria and Tysons Corner Center are much better options.
    Last edited by hednic; 6th July 2014 at 11:15 PM.