Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Overrating scents

"Excellent point"
    "Very well put."
    "Another very good point to this conversation."....

Thanks for black marks and accolades alike, Tigrushka. Well distributed.
    Do I smell over-... something? No! I promised I will think twice before I say that

recommended for everybody http://www.urbandictionary.com/ . enter: "overrated"
    also I would like to suggest: take your pick from the first pages you find googling for "overrated"
    For me that was like a walk thru brisk air - higly enjoyable, and good for my morale
    Also, some of you may be surprised what BN search has in store for you
    Last edited by narcus; 29th August 2006 at 11:10 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus
    recommended for everybody http://www.urbandictionary.com/ . enter: "overrated"
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    hu-mor  /hyum-r or, often, yu-/

–noun

1. a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement: the humor of a situation.
    2. the faculty of perceiving what is amusing or comical: He is completely without humor.
    3. an instance of being or attempting to be comical or amusing; something humorous: The humor in his joke eluded the audience.
    4. the faculty of expressing the amusing or comical: The author's humor came across better in the book than in the movie.
    5. comical writing or talk in general; comical books, skits, plays, etc.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    We're all writers here. You can't be a member of Basenotes without writing. Writers can think over their words and consider a variety of factors on how to communicate their meaning.

I'm aware of the gray lines and areas involved and I'm afraid my wish that members think over this word appears like policy. I can't avoid that, but I think the thread shows powerfully that it is a loaded term and a hard one for us to unload. Those who can tell members what their meaning is in posts help their readers and help the site.
    As a not native english, would you kindly explain to me, what the meaning of
    'Evil in a bottle!'
    sentence actually means and how that meaning compares to 'overrated'?
    Also, if there are basenoters who do like this scent, to which extend could they be offended by it?
    And what if this sentence is given by a moderator (CoL at Iceberg Fluid)?

My point is still clear: I can't see any serious attacks by 'overrated', 'underrated' and similars. For me it's a good hobby, pastime, sometimes joy, a place where I can learn. Just as a don't play chess with someone who breaks the table on my head, I don't feel comfortable at a place where a joy is played (kind of) life-or-death.
    Let's try to trust each other. I don't know the exact english expression, in hungarian we would say: let's the forum's 'self-cleaning-mechanism' clean what dirty is.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka

(Tottenham fan)
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder

(Tottenham fan)
    Oops, sorry I meant #5...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."